My Anniversary present .. A Harley!!!!(pics)

Kat said:
If you really want to see a pic I'll have one taken and post it, but it ain't going to be pretty!:P DH really gets in full costume. I just wear a Harley T-shirt. I'll have to take a pic of him without all the gear too so you guys know he's not really nuts. The little secret wish I have that DH and a couple that we ride with know is that I want LV saddle bags for my bike. It always get a laugh when we talk about it. Even though I ride a motorcycle with the big boys I'm really a girly-girl at heart. Here's a funny story ..... DH belongs to the New Roc Hog group which consists of big burly Harley riders. On weekends there are lots of organized rides that we go on. Last Saturday a bunch of us rode from NY to MA to visit the Norman Rockwell museum. Before heading back all of us stopped for a bite to eat. The conversations at the table are usually man-related. Well, I was talking to the biker next to me (who is not your typicall rider ... dresses impeccably) and it turns out that he once worked for LV. As he was giving me the history of LV more and more of the guys at the table stopped having private conversations and we're listening to us. If I wasn't there I wouldn't have believe it. The conversation turned into a full-blown handbag chat. We spoke about Hermes, Balenciaga, blah, blah, blah ... prices, stores. It was hysterical. Here were a bunch of Harley men in full Harley (leather) regalia talking about handbags. Finally one of the guys says to the whole table, "What happens in Stockbridge stays in Stockbridge. We will not let anyone know that on this ride the topic of conversation at lunch was handbags." After every ride one of the Hog members posts pics and a little blurb about the ride on the New Roc Harley website. For this particular ride it went something like this ....we learned a lot about Louis Vuitton handbags but that's a story for another day.:roflmfao:

That is a great story!! lol.

Wow!!!!! GREAT ride!! And great hubby, too!!! :wlae:

Have FUN riding!! This is Sturgis week, ya know! You should head for the Black Hills! :supacool: I was behind about 50 bikers and all the support vehicles this morning on the way to work.... love seeing them!

Your bike is really sweet!!!

That LV story is funny Kat! You just never know who know what lol!! It's a joke that I married DH for his motorcycle (love them) and then he parked it when our first ds was 6 mos. old....for 16 yrs!! Then last summer he bought a used Harley and we just go for little rides (we have 3 teens) but enjoy it. A few weeks ago we did go by truck to Northern Maine...took the bike in the back - and 2 other couples and us went for a beautiful 6 hr. ride...amazing and so cool what you see and SMELL on the bike lol!! DH says I'm like a hound dog on the back!!!

OH your new bike is SWEET!!! That will be one hard anniversary pressie to beat.
I don't ride but love to ride with dh as a passenger LOL! We are actually picking up a new bike tomorrow. He traded in his Shadow 750 for something "nicer" LOL!
When we went to Vegas last month, rented a fatboy and rode to Valley of Fire. It was a nice and smooth ride.
Congrats on your new bike. Enjoy it!! :smile:

You are soooo lucky! We have an 05 Softail Standard, we call her Black Betty. I love riding on the back, we have done a lot of riding this summer. I would have to learn how to ride one by myself but I'd be willing to try. You are so awesome! I love your bike. Does it have a name? Ya gotta name your bike!