My 1st Bottega Bag: Special-Ordered Quarzo Montaigne!!

You saw the same one at your boutique? Gosh dang it, my boutique said mine was the only one in the world, should've know it's too good to be true :P

I really hope this bag doesn't end up slouching all over the place. One of the reasons I got the Montaigne is that it looks more structured than the other bags. I like structured bags and the only exception is the hobo, which IMO is supposed to slouch. :yes:

I think the bag does slouch but not in the totally soft no back bone way like the hobo. It is structured but not stiff like most boxy bags.

Does it cost more to special-order the bag?

Thanks Pinkish_Love! I kind of struggled with this one since I don't know when BV will make another pink again. I know I waited two years for them to come out with pink ... I don't know if I should get one in Magnolia too. I just like the boxy and more structured design of this bag, and it also looks a bit more formal because of the shape.

I am liking the pink bags too! :girlsigh: I am waiting to get the Cocker in Poudre (dusty pink), although the Ebano (dark brown) is also very tempting :shame: I love the Quarzo as well, in fact, am thinking of getting a continental wallet in that colour. The Magnolia, however, is too light for me (read too girlish). Maybe you could get the Veneta (hobo) in Magnolia, a family of pink BV bags :graucho:

You celebrate lunar new year too? Wishing you a great year of the pig! May it bring you lots of bags you love ;)

I'm so excited for you, Kou. Congratulations! Quarzo is a wonderful color. The magnolia is also, but very light. I drool whenever I see either one. You have some super special bags! Can't wait to see pics of your new BV.

I'm posting from my cell so I know I hadn't address everyone on the thread yet. I'll do so when I'm at a computer again and when my family isn't here (that's when I can take my dear bag out of hiding and take pictures). With regards to special order, I was told that if the ordering was done during the trunkshow, as long as it's the same type of leather, the price is the same. However, if it's done outside of trunkshow, then the price is about 30% more if you're only ordering in a special order color, and it's more than 30% extra if it's different leather or hardware. Also, when placing special orders outside of trunkshows, they require that you put in a 50% deposit first.

bullshopper, theglamourous, Nymph, Kat, boxermom, RoseMary, gglvs2shop, Ilovepurse007 and febby: Thank you for the kind congrats~ Pictures are coming after the long weekend. Just need to wait til my families are gone :yes:

I'm doomed, I'm already planning my second BV purchase.