Mulberry "coming soon" collection!

the blenheim was originally £395....i remeber as it was my first mulberry purchase...i really don't like the satchel version it looks like a cheap knock you#d get on the high street...but i do love the gorgeous green leather of the mabel and mabel hobos!

^^ Just saw it, it's beautiful colour... Felix messenger looks lovely too, I wonder how big it looks on person & what the leather like irl (similar to suede?)!? Will have to check...:graucho:

^^ My avatar is spongy lipstick - it's light & soft, thicker than antiqued, thinner than NVT/Darwin. Has slight shine, rain spot dries off quickly - though collonil recommended as well. Some tPFer with Black spongy reported white marks etc, but my lipstick seems fine. Haven't read any probs with butterscotch as far as I remember.

Early to say perhaps but it seems to me 'colourful' ones more suited to spongy... (I'm not sure about Oak really...defeating the object iykwim, since Mulberry Oak has such status!)

Last edited:
My jury is still out on the spongy leather front. I have a Black Mabel Hobo and within days of getting it, a rather large scratch developed across the front. I don't baby my bags but I'm not especially brutal with them either, so I started to get concerned that this kind of leather was going to be more fragile than expected. Since the initial scratch I've only observed one small scuff showing up, so I'm hoping that my fears will be more or less unfounded. I love the look and feel of this kind of leather, so fingers crossed ! Only time will tell I guess.

They are some great reviews for spongy leather. I am definitely interested now! It is hard as we really don't have Mulberry here (except for a few bags in a terrible department store!) so all of my purchases are chosen by the images and as we all know real life can be quite different..
I like the sound of the spongy leather, what is the thickness like?

I was in London last week, went to the Mulberry store on New Bond St just to take a look at the new collection -- but ended up walking out with a Roxanne Satchel in Oak. I'm happy with the soft leather -- it's light and comfortable to carry, and the color is gorgeous. And I love the adjustable strap. I have a feeling this is going to be my number one every day bag for a long time.

Tatie
I went to the Bond st store last week and the SA was waxing lyrically about the Roxy satchel too. i liked it tho i can see why some of us think it may be a bit light weight....I have always disliked the Roxanne due to its weight and stiffness (oh will i be shot down in flames here?) and thought that the satchel mitigated against that. I was very tempted by the satchel BUT agree that the price is stiff......below £500 would be more like it imho.

However it is really versatile (as i posted in another thread) and a good size - lots bigger than blenheim or others....and lighter to carry!

I love it too.

Re spongy leather - I am torn on this too - i love Darwin - it IS Mulberry to me, BUT the spongy is great for the relaxed hobo slouchy look that is very current this A/W

Would love to see pics of your new addition Tatie.

:smile:

I have a 5 year old Roxanne in Darwin Oak, but lately (probably due to advancing middle age) it's feeling so heavy. That's one reason why I'm so in love with the satchel. I'm more than happy to post a photo if I can figure out how to do it! Can anyone advise?