Mulberry CHAT Thread

I know, I love the color! Just worried about the single handle and location of it. Wish I could see it in person but no stores near me carry it :sad:
I've seen this bag in person twice at a Mulberry boutique here in London, and one of the times it was in this colour way which is stunning and very eye-catching. The bag is a lovely size, the silky calf leather is beautiful to the touch as well as visually and I was very tempted. However, there were a couple of things that put me off. How open the bag is - it has quite a few compartments and a zipped enclosure but the bag itself doesn't fully close/seal. For me, living in central London, a bag that doesn't fully close is a no-no for security reasons, and/or for example if you drop the bag or pick it up so that it tips - out would tumble a lot of the contents. The second thing that put me off is that where the postman's lock is on that piece of leather that runs through the front of the bag - it holds the bag together if you see what I mean - I think that over time that strip of leather will stretch because that's what leather does, and the bag will be left with a hanging postman's lock which would to my mind spoil the look of the bag. These things would bother me - particularly at the price point for the small Islingtons - but they probably wouldn't bother anyone else :smile:

Hello! I've had good results from The Handbag Clinic who have replaced 2 turnlocks on my Antony bags. I found them to be quicker and cheaper than Mulberry, but it's best to make your own enquiries really as they will usually want photos!
Hope that helps
Gilly

This was in my local paper this morning, depressing given the designs have been so good lately, but I guess CoL means lots of people are cutting back on nice things

It’s sad to read but i’m not surprised.

I still look in my wardrobe and think why do I have all these bags & items but not reaching to use them. I made a decision that I wasn’t going to buy any bags until atleast June .. but I keep looking ‘tempting’ myself! I have been good and not purchased anything in the sale!

This was in my local paper this morning, depressing given the designs have been so good lately, but I guess CoL means lots of people are cutting back on nice things

It’s sad to read but i’m not surprised.

I still look in my wardrobe and think why do I have all these bags & items but not reaching to use them. I made a decision that I wasn’t going to buy any bags until atleast June .. but I keep looking ‘tempting’ myself! I have been good and not purchased anything in the sale!
This is very much me too. Even after making a conscious effort to rotate them I still have some bags I haven’t used, which is ridiculous.

Reactions: tlj81 and gichca21
Hello, Mulberry friends~

Didn't think this would warrant a new thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever dunked their Mulberry in water to clean them?

I know it seems a bit extreme, but I'd thrifted a conker (?) Medium Lily, and it smells like it'd been at the bottom of the thrift bins.

I've watched so many vintage Coach restoration videos, and they do suggest doing the dishwashing soap and water soak as a last resort, but I think this Medium Lily may warrant it. It seems to be with goat leather with suede lining inside.

Hello, Mulberry friends~

Didn't think this would warrant a new thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever dunked their Mulberry in water to clean them?

I know it seems a bit extreme, but I'd thrifted a conker (?) Medium Lily, and it smells like it'd been at the bottom of the thrift bins.

I've watched so many vintage Coach restoration videos, and they do suggest doing the dishwashing soap and water soak as a last resort, but I think this Medium Lily may warrant it. It seems to be with goat leather with suede lining inside.

I have washed an old coach bag with detergent. The first time always feels scary but it is worth a try! After the wash, pad down the bag and the seams as much as possible, then stuff the bag so it retains its shape. Let it dry in a well ventilated area. Change out the stuffing material (paper/towel) as needed. I found the leather was not as slouchy afterwards, which was a positive for me. There are more tips in coach subforum if you are up for a good read.

Reactions: SK007
I have successfully washed a few Mulberry bags in my washing machine, I know there is a thread on here somewhere because I am not the only one to have done that.
With a Lily I would try to take the chain off, I think. And it would probably have to be a “ I either do this or I can’t use the bag “ kind of thing.
Maybe in the sink you leave the chain on?
Stuff bag after washing and dry slowly over the course of a few days, towels inside for shape. And then nourish the leather.

Reactions: 24shaz
I have successfully washed a few Mulberry bags in my washing machine, I know there is a thread on here somewhere because I am not the only one to have done that.
With a Lily I would try to take the chain off, I think. And it would probably have to be a “ I either do this or I can’t use the bag “ kind of thing.
Maybe in the sink you leave the chain on?
Stuff bag after washing and dry slowly over the course of a few days, towels inside for shape. And then nourish the leather.
The chain is what’s making me nervous. I’d tread very lightly with a lily just because of the sheer amount of hardware that might potentially go discoloured in water.

Reactions: Queenofeverything
The chain is what’s making me nervous. I’d tread very lightly with a lily just because of the sheer amount of hardware that might potentially go discoloured in water.
I have removed the chain on one of my lily’s, not too complicated. I needed a new chain during the pandemic and got a new one in the mail from Mulberry. I would have removed it, don’t think it would be ok in the machine..

Reactions: 24shaz