• Chanel

• Dior

• Vuitton

• Hermes

• Yves Saint Laurent

• Versace

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Goyard is overrated and overpriced. It's a fresh alternative to the monogrammed Louis Vuittons but at the end it's still a monogrammed fabric bag.

(It seems like everyone is discovering Goyard now ... but editors loved Goyard about 3 1/2 seasons ago ... and it wasn't anything of interest until the Barneys hype machine decided to sell it starting 2002.)

Prada nylon is overpriced, but no longer overhyped (no one cares anymore).

Louis Vuitton monogram is overrated. The bags last but everyone has one ... or ten.

ValleyOppressed said:
I have always thought that Prada is really ovverrated with their $800 nylon bags, so I started this thread to see what everyone else on the foum thinks is ovverrated.

That's what I thought when I first read the thread title! I don't like Prada and I don't understand why they keep making makes in cheap materials like microfibre and linen and charge the same price as leather bags from other brands. At least even LV's canvas line is specially treated canvas so they look like leather.

LV - I'm really in to quality leather so the canvas just doesn't seem worth the money. LV edged out Prada for me only because Prada has some gorgeous leathers - otherwise the nylon bags take the cake.

I like The new Dior looks and lines but they end up exploiting it...like for Girly, they had it in Fleurs, then Pink, then Blue and then released Dior Rain ....and they put everything on everything else...

I mean there's such a thing as a limited edition!

And Goyard...such Louis Vuitton Copycats...if you look you can compare pieces side by side and you KNOW who came up with it first...and the prices!! $500 for a Canvas with leather lining billfold!!

Hermes - too overpriced and except for the Birkin most styles are kinda blaaahhhhh. I just can't justify spending sooo much for a bag because then I would feel that I couldn't buy another bag for the rest of my life! Just the decision about which leather, which color, which hardware, what size....I'd crack under the pressure!

LV Monogram - (and I have three!) It's just too everywhere....I really like the EPI leather tho and have my eye on the Jasmin.

I'm sure sure if Goyard "copied" Louis Vuitton. Goyard is very old French luggage company. Many of their styles have been around for a very long time.... It's just recently when Barneys started selling Goyard in the US that it has become trendy.

But I do agree it is overrated.

Khoipond89 said:
And Goyard...such Louis Vuitton Copycats...if you look you can compare pieces side by side and you KNOW who came up with it first...and the prices!! $500 for a Canvas with leather lining billfold!!