• Chanel

• Dior

• Vuitton

• Hermes

• Yves Saint Laurent

• Versace

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
i'd say hermes. they built their reputation on one single bag which is know for as one of the most expensive and exclusive ones. other than that, their clothes are so-so, the other bags lack originality and their accessories are way overpriced.
but that's just me.

I voted Gucci. I don't get that brand. The designs and material is just so-so. While Prada nylon is ridiculously overpriced, Prada leather is amazing - underrated if that's possible for a luxe brand.

I agree LVs canvas is....um...cotton material at a premium leather price. But I have to say it does last. So, maybe they do know what they're doing? ;)

Overpriced-Hermes, unless you have money to spare! You could buy a car for some of their bags. I do have a Kelly, but I got it used/vintage and I lucked out.
Overdone--LV way too many fakes everywhere you look. It is crazy.
Also overdone, Burberry scarves for winter in Philadelphia. I just stopped wearing mine, I got so sick of seeing them.
Prada has some nice things, esp if you look at Jill's collection.

Prada has definitely got some beautiful leather, and, as a design house, it is forward looking -- still. So I don't think it can be called 'overrated', as a whole. Though I'm not keen on nylon bags (don't care who makes them).

Not so keen on Dior -- agree with those who expressed that opinion.

*JJ* said:
i'd say hermes. they built their reputation on one single bag which is know for as one of the most expensive and exclusive ones. other than that, their clothes are so-so, the other bags lack originality and their accessories are way overpriced.
but that's just me.

agreed!

Also, at least Prada showed design innovation, creating the whole nylon thing -- nylon was just not being used, or constructed in the same way, before.

Which is quite impressive to me (the conception of it, I mean), though I don't much care for the material. I guess the cost is meant to reflect that original sense of design innovation that used to be a part of the whole nylon thing. (Not excusing the cost, just saying...).

summertime said:
I voted Gucci. I don't get that brand. The designs and material is just so-so. While Prada nylon is ridiculously overpriced, Prada leather is amazing - underrated if that's possible for a luxe brand.

I agree LVs canvas is....um...cotton material at a premium leather price. But I have to say it does last. So, maybe they do know what they're doing? ;)
I voted Gucci also, some of their bags scream ostentatious at me - I don't like them - I agree totally with the rest of your statement as well.

The list is so long for overrated bags. Of those I've sold, owned or examined, I'd put Hermes, Chanel, Gucci, BV and Prada at the top of the list. They're usually overpriced just because, and unless you baby the bags, none of them will really last a lifetime. Especially a lot of the Chanel line.

Gucci saved their butt by going exclusive and upgrading some of the products, but they're not all that and a bag of chips IMO. They do have some nice bags, but the prices are crazy.

LV's strength is that it will definitely last. If you want something trendy, you go for that part of their line, but if you want a classic, oh they'll have it for sure. Unless you treat it like dirt, you'll need to leave it to someone in your will. :lol:

summertime said:

The monogram goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, but the trendy stuff is providing some serious revenue to LV. They're getting repeat business from those that like their classic lines as well as the new stuff. Smart business even if I don't like 95% of it myself.

QuirkyCool said:
LV. Selling denim and kindergarten monogrammed bags at premium prices...I don't think I'll ever get it.And brown monogram...70's style palette....not pretty in any way in my book.

Well...someone asked...

No matter who the manufacturer is, limited editions will always be a lot more expensive because the raw materials are produced in such small amounts, and you can't really get the factory too revved up in producing them as efficiently because they'll have to be gearing up for the next big idea. Then there's the name to consider. Big $$ for sure.

ChloeSS said:
I think it is LV!! so expensive for a canvas bag.. and their price are sky-high for the new so called limited edition.

IMHO I'd say the nylon Prada bags & also Burberry. I'm not too fond of any of their designs. I guess the nylon prada bags that are deeply discounted on sale aren't too bad though, but I'd still NEVER carry one!

My lease fave would be the nylon from Prada but I don't think the brand is overrated in general. Just don't think that particular style of bag was worth the price.