More than dissapointed!!

^^ amamxr, you are most welcome.

This entire issue is at the heart of why I feel justified spending so much on Hermes. Simply because of the service. If the service starts to fail, it will change my opinion drastically and my shopping habits. I love the idea of being able to have a wallet restitched time and again and getting years of use from bags, while knowing that anything that happens can be made better by Hermes. The feeling that I am a part of the Hermes family and they will take care of any issue is at the center of my personal devotion to the brand. But not having your beloved items returned to you in better condition and worse having something happen to them while in Hermes' hands is unacceptable, considering the premiums paid. I do believe that they will fix you up so you are happy at the end. I just hate that you are having to be without your beloved bag longer than necessary through no fault of your own.

In the US bags are serviced either in Beverly Hills or Madison Avenue NYC. As far as I know these are the only two locations that have "Craftsmen/women" onsite.

SPA is anything and everything that your Hermes bag needs: cleaning, repairs, polishing, restitching, touching up scuffs, etc. It applies to any and every Hermes leather good. They will take care of belts, wallets, watch straps, etc. Most times the treatment will be under $100USD for handbag cleaning. For my Kellys/Birkins I've been charged $80 and $100, never more and never less. Sometimes it is free and sometimes it may be more, for example if you need new handles from wearing your bag for years.

I believe WE here on this Purse Forum named it SPA, as I've never heard any Hermes employee refer to the service of cleaning, etc by the word SPA. Everytime I need a "SPA treatment" for anything I just ask my SA about getting it "serviced" and they know what I am referring to.

I believe all white bags regardless of skin (exotic or non) go directly to Paris for any refurbishing needs.
Yes! That's very helpful thank you!! I had a feeling that "spa" was a coined term...just wanted the scoop.

I have another question...I was told that they only leather that could be "serviced" was box. i.e. the other leathers (say, togo, clemence) can't be as nicely refurbished. So, if you wear a corner, that's it. No polish, fixing, etc.

Is that accurate?

Thanks again for such insight!

^^ Every leather can be serviced. The results of service on Box are pretty amazing but I've seen Gulliver come back looking brand new and same for Clemence. Deep scratches on box don't come out and corners are generally recolored/touched up but will wear again with normal wear. I guess the bottom line is that every leather can be serviced and the result is based on what condition it was in. They don't have a "no service on anything not BOX leather" at all. It is just that Box leather is quintessentially Hermes and ages beautifully. So as long as it's not cracked it comes back with an even shinier patina than when it went in. I know Hermes has been able to remove ink stains from Togo and touch up corners beautifully and clean handles to pristine condition. But I was told the ink stain needs to be handled quickly and not let to sit for weeks/months.