More than dissapointed!!

^^ Was it box leather? When I dropped off an old Box leather bag a few months back and picked it up it "looked" more scratched up since it was clean. They had polished any dirt/residue off and so deep scratches were more evident after the spa treatment. At least that is how it was explained to me and it seemed logical, kind of.

Well it's funny since most of the shallow scratches were buffed out but the deeper/older ones were LOUD. But then again its not microdermabrasion, just polishing which makes sense in a way. My mom's Box leather items as well gleam after the spa but the scratches from her rings aren't exactly more invisible.

amamxyr: I'm so sorry this happened to you....it compromises my faith in the purchases I've made. After all, we aren't all just buying "bags", we are buying the service that goes with them.

So hopefully it isn't inappropriate to ask, but where was this "spa"? The reason I ask, is that I have no H near me, and I must send my bag to be serviced, and now I'm afraid of what will happen, as I cannot stand there and have the craftsman witness in front of me the condition of the bag before service...

Dear Ms. A and Ms. MBL:

It was just a thought that since ALL of our bags looks the same (no serial no. or anything) to distinct it, so maybe taking some photoes, write down the craftsman's initial and getting as much details as you can will HOPE identify you are getting back you OWN bag!!!

Most important to do now is contacting your SA to make sure Paris 'detect' YOUR bag and do the 'precise' service needed and get back to you prompto!!!

Pick-up the phone and call now!!! The longer you wait, the higher the risk!!!

Hope I am NOT making you paranoid!!!

..some very good points here, for sure.

I completely agree that a letter is in order. This type of thing needs to be nipped in the bud. I think complacency can creep in to any organization but in a case like this, we pay a premium, and a very high one, for steller service for the life of the bag.

good luck dear, we are all in agreement that this should have not happened to you and your beautiful HAC!

..some very good points here, for sure.

I completely agree that a letter is in order. This type of thing needs to be nipped in the bud. I think complacency can creep in to any organization but in a case like this, we pay a premium, and a very high one, for steller service for the life of the bag.

good luck dear, we are all in agreement that this should have not happened to you and your beautiful HAC!

CB:

Do you think that I should wait until I get the bag back to see if its okay? or should I write a letter now? Where do I even start ie: at Hermes?

*Hugs* I am so sorry to hear this!!! I hope they will make it right. I agree, they should have given you a gift for the time/trouble it took to get there not to mention the frustration. :flowers:

OMG!! So sorry to hear this! I am mad for you... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: To drive all that way and come back empty handed and then to have to wait some more and then drive all that way again....sheesh! :hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

I am embarrassed to admit, but I have a stupid question. :s

What 'exactly' is "the spa?" Is that Claude/Madison Ave? Or, are there multiple places that bags go to be refurbished/cleaned, etc? Thanks for the education, I appreciate it. :flowers:

OMG!! So sorry to hear this! I am mad for you... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: To drive all that way and come back empty handed and then to have to wait some more and then drive all that way again....sheesh! :hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

I am embarrassed to admit, but I have a stupid question. :s

What 'exactly' is "the spa?" Is that Claude/Madison Ave? Or, are there multiple places that bags go to be refurbished/cleaned, etc? Thanks for the education, I appreciate it. :flowers:

There is no way that I am going to drive over three hours again to pick up my bag. They are mailing it to my house at no charge.

Yes, there appears to be more than one spa where they refurbish your handbags to look as good as new.

Perhaps one of our lovely ladies can give a more detailed explanation of what the SPA does.

In the US bags are serviced either in Beverly Hills or Madison Avenue NYC. As far as I know these are the only two locations that have "Craftsmen/women" onsite.

SPA is anything and everything that your Hermes bag needs: cleaning, repairs, polishing, restitching, touching up scuffs, etc. It applies to any and every Hermes leather good. They will take care of belts, wallets, watch straps, etc. Most times the treatment will be under $100USD for handbag cleaning. For my Kellys/Birkins I've been charged $80 and $100, never more and never less. Sometimes it is free and sometimes it may be more, for example if you need new handles from wearing your bag for years.

I believe WE here on this Purse Forum named it SPA, as I've never heard any Hermes employee refer to the service of cleaning, etc by the word SPA. Everytime I need a "SPA treatment" for anything I just ask my SA about getting it "serviced" and they know what I am referring to.

I believe all white bags regardless of skin (exotic or non) go directly to Paris for any refurbishing needs.