Money is NOT an object...your dream engagement ring...

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. A 3ct Tiffany Embrace :nuts: :yahoo: :love:

2. A 5 carat cushion, round or emerald cut. Harry Winston look.

3. 20ct emerald cut with double "halo" like Liza Vanderpump's or 29ct like Liz Taylor's :heart: I love huge emerald cut

4. In all honesty, my engagement ring is my dream ring. He did an amazing job and it's beyond beautiful, and truly perfect. :love:

5. Limitless budget dream engagement ring? Red diamond solitaire.

6. A 2 ct emerald cut :graucho:

7. I have mine now :biggrin:

8. #368 Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  9. Here's mine

10. #370 Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    \

11. ^^^I love this center stone on the Leon Mege on the left and that would definitely be my choice, as well. Perfection for me would a canary center stone!!

12. Very interesting thread! I helped a few friends design or pick an engagement ring already, pick stones etc so I have (unfortunately?) a very precise idea of what I like.
    I like the designs by Leon Mege, a good friend had hers designed by him and I’ve always used his website as a reference to help people decide.
    With a bit of research it is not too difficult to pick a beautiful stone but with settings it’s not that easy.

So, one thing is for sure: a cushion cut :smile:
    -solitaire cushion (no halo!), probably more squarish than rectangular (but not completely), as my fingers are small and rather short
    -stone should have the chunky facet structure (antique style) and not the crushed ice look
    -size…don’t know depends on how much $€ I am worth ;) but I have small fingers so it shouldn’t be huge. 1.75 - 2 carats should look great already.
    -white gold setting
    -(double or single) claw prongs for sure, other prongs don’t look as elegant
    -stone should sit SUPER LOW on the finger, I dislike rings that stick out and catch everywhere
    -band with or without pavé, not sure on my preference here. If pavé it should be tiny.
    -comfortable rounded thin band, thick bands and sharp edges are uncomfortable and don’t fit my style
    -It should be pretty from the side too, Leon Mege has these settings that form something like an “W” from the side, beautiful!

OK I’ll let some pictures speak:
    https://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/r1118_4fb070da033ab.jpg
    (band is a too thick for my liking and this type of pave is not my favourite, but I like the top part)
    https://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/r907_4f676e4e62f32.jpg
    perfection! :smile:
    http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/LM-side.JPG
    Lovely “W” on the side and gorgeous pavé.

13. I know my dream ring is really laughable by TPF standards... I would love to just have a 1.5 carat in the classic Tiffany solitaire setting, that's all!!

Knowing my dearest hubby, he will definitely get for me if I were to tell him. But given my tiny finger (smaller than size 4 :P), I may not be able to wear a 1.5c ring daily to work as I work in a very conservative environment, and it is also not in my culture to wear big diamond ring. I am perfectly happy with the 1.2c I am wearing now, it is already inviting much stares as it does look pretty close to a 1.5c on my fingers.

I love Tiffany jewelry as you all know, but my hubby prefers HOF, so that is why a Tiffany Solitaire will REMAIN JUST A DREAM for me.... but I am fine with it, I am sentimental, I love anything my hubby picks for me :P

14. I don't think it's laughable at all. 1.5 carat is huge! Funny my colleague recently engaged has a 1 carat antique cut and saw my ring, insisted its a 2 carat diamond. I have a 1.05 Tiffany setting and my finger is size 2.5 so yes it does look a little bigger on me :smile: I understand how you feel about all the unwanted attention at work. Btw my dream ring was/ is a 1 carat Tiffany and it was just a dream, never thought I'd ever get it.

This thread is fun! Now if you ask me what my dream right hand ring was if money wasn't an issue, it'd be a 3 carats emarald cut pink diamond with white diamond baguettes right hand ring (that I'd never have the occasion to wear)

15. not laughable at all.. thats whats so great about a "dream".. its yours and yours only and YOU decide what you want!