MJ Chat Thread

There's a house that was foreclosed on four years ago and has been empty since. The owner had left some flower pots and I needed some flower pots, so now I have some flower pots.

Did anyone else do any petty thievery today?

Ok so I took the fountain, too. Whatever, no one was using it!

And the bench.

That's it.
I took a couple of sips from DH's glass of wine. Does that count?

Reactions: kateincali
Oh, I'd go out of my everlovin mind if I couldn't have some solitude every day. And keep in mind that I'm happily married! But I need private time, even if it's just some time to take a walk. Or go to the mall by myself. Or be in a separate room, reading a book. Or be in the house by myself while DH is out & about.

Though come to think of it, I don't often get 24 hours alone any more, now that we're retired. I used to, when I was working... I was on the road about 30% of the time, so lots of evenings by myself in hotel rooms, ordering room service and reading a good book. I used to love decompressing by myself after a day being nice to annoying clients. :biggrin:

Sounds like you need a vacation... on a desert island. :coolio:

I wouldn't turn down even a vacation to Nebraska.

Well, ok, maybe I would.

Being alone in a hotel room with room service sounds close to heaven.

One or two days a month, I go to the theater at 11:00am (because I'm broke and it's $5-7 before noon), pay for one, and then just sneak into other movies the whole day (because as posts today have established, I don't draw a line at *mildly* wrong things). That's really the only me time I get. The next place I live I needs to be more walkable than this place; once I'm home, I'm kind of trapped, unless I want to go to 7-11 (I don't).

Good morning, all! I'm new here, so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place. Does anyone know of a site online that buys designer bags and offers fair prices? I have a Jean Cross Body, 3 years old, brand new, tags still attached. The bag retailed for $895...and this online site tried to offer me $85. :-\ Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Good morning, all! I'm new here, so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place. Does anyone know of a site online that buys designer bags and offers fair prices? I have a Jean Cross Body, 3 years old, brand new, tags still attached. The bag retailed for $895...and this online site tried to offer me $85. :-\ Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Welcome!

Sadly, sites stopped offering reasonable prices for Marc Jacobs bags ages ago. Most don't even accept MJ anymore.

Was that a quote from Bag Borrow or Steal or Fashionphile? That sounds like their range but you can try them if it wasn't. Cash in my Bag is usually around that price, too. Ann's Fabulous Finds might consign it for you.

Otherwise, if there's a place out there buying MJ for prices that don't make you cry, I'd like to know about it, too.

Wah! So sad. That was Cash in my Bag. I'm waiting to hear back from Bag, Borrow, or Steal and Fashionphile. To be fair, it was $85-125, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth leaving it on Poshmark/Mercari/eBay and try to get more. I am reluctant to send it somewhere and them say, "oh, we're only giving you the low end of the quote because of ______."

Thanks for the info, and the welcome!

Welcome!

Sadly, sites stopped offering reasonable prices for Marc Jacobs bags ages ago. Most don't even accept MJ anymore.

Was that a quote from Bag Borrow or Steal or Fashionphile? That sounds like their range but you can try them if it wasn't. Cash in my Bag is usually around that price, too. Ann's Fabulous Finds might consign it for you.

Otherwise, if there's a place out there buying MJ for prices that don't make you cry, I'd like to know about it, too.

Wah! So sad. That was Cash in my Bag. I'm waiting to hear back from Bag, Borrow, or Steal and Fashionphile. To be fair, it was $85-125, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth leaving it on Poshmark/Mercari/eBay and try to get more. I am reluctant to send it somewhere and them say, "oh, we're only giving you the low end of the quote because of ______."

Thanks for the info, and the welcome!

I haven't sent anything into CIMB myself, but from what I've heard, you should get the high end of the quote if you described it accurately. The lower quotes are generally in case they find a small flaw. FP and BBOS do the same thing, IME.

I tagged a few people who might like it on the Poshmark listing. Good luck!

You guys.

Today I finally found new homes for what was left in my reject bag box. I have no reject bag box! That's a weird thing to be excited about lol but it stresses me out to have things around I don't want, especially since some were listed for awhiiiile. Strange that they all sold almost at once, but I'm not complaining about it.

I have a few things on a "I like it but like x amount of $ more" list, but nothing that was a definite no is left. Not sure this has ever happened [emoji56]

You guys.

Today I finally found new homes for what was left in my reject bag box. I have no reject bag box! That's a weird thing to be excited about lol but it stresses me out to have things around I don't want, especially since some were listed for awhiiiile. Strange that they all sold almost at once, but I'm not complaining about it.

I have a few things on a "I like it but like x amount of $ more" list, but nothing that was a definite no is left. Not sure this has ever happened [emoji56]
Mazel tov! So those last couple of bags sold?

Mazel tov! So those last couple of bags sold?

Thanks! The Wellington and XL single sold today. I didn't even realize I still had the single listed on Tradesy when I got the sale notification. I had been thinking of keeping it but at the end of the day, it's brown.

I'm actually trading the Wellington with a friend for another bag I've wanted. I'll rid myself of the problem child any way I can.

MPs are still around but they're on the "eh, whatever" list, not the "please go somewhere else" list. Ideally I'd like to get longer straps and keep them, but not sure when I could get around to that.

I have spectacularly dumb poodles that just ate hot potato slices that fell off the pan on the stove. Swallowed them then promptly threw up. How have they survived four years being so stupid.

Where can I go and just relax for a week? Near a beach. I wake up every few hours to be served Chinese food and mimosas. Jason Momoa is there for...reasons.

This post was long. I've been up since 4. Send help and stronger coffee.

Thanks! The Wellington and XL single sold today. I didn't even realize I still had the single listed on Tradesy when I got the sale notification. I had been thinking of keeping it but at the end of the day, it's brown.

I'm actually trading the Wellington with a friend for another bag I've wanted. I'll rid myself of the problem child any way I can.

MPs are still around but they're on the "eh, whatever" list, not the "please go somewhere else" list. Ideally I'd like to get longer straps and keep them, but not sure when I could get around to that.

I have spectacularly dumb poodles that just ate hot potato slices that fell off the pan on the stove. Swallowed them then promptly threw up. How have they survived four years being so stupid.

Where can I go and just relax for a week? Near a beach. I wake up every few hours to be served Chinese food and mimosas. Jason Momoa is there for...reasons.

This post was long. I've been up since 4. Send help and stronger coffee.

Congrats on your bag sales, faith!

I can offer the beach, and even mimosas, but not good Chinese food. Sadly, not even a glimmer of a chance of Jason Momoa being here.

Wish I had something interesting to report or something pretty to show; I don't though. [emoji53]