MJ Chat Thread

I wouldn't know the style at all if you hadn't found the name for me when I was looking for it :heart:

Can you buy it online, return it in-store, and repurchase it at 25%?

It's the only thing I am good at doing lol

Thanks for giving me credit for finding the name, faith. I only gave you the "Ray" part though.

The dress is not yet on clearance. Only clearance items are 25% off during Clear the Rack. The price on clearance items online, shows up in red. Even if it was on clearance, the Rack no longer does price adjustments. On the Rack thread, some people have returned things hoping to rebuy them on another day, but report not being able to find them again. [emoji53] My nearest Rack is about an hour drive away, so it's difficult for me to check often.

I am also stalking a pair of boots there though; not MJ. They are markedly reduced already, but I am waiting for another mark down. I just cannot justify buying another pair of boots in FL unless they are a steal.

Thanks for giving me credit for finding the name, faith. I only gave you the "Ray" part though.

The dress is not yet on clearance. Only clearance items are 25% off during Clear the Rack. The price on clearance items online, shows up in red. Even if it was on clearance, the Rack no longer does price adjustments. On the Rack thread, some people have returned things hoping to rebuy them on another day, but report not being able to find them again. [emoji53] My nearest Rack is about an hour drive away, so it's difficult for me to check often.

I am also stalking a pair of boots there though; not MJ. They are markedly reduced already, but I am waiting for another mark down. I just cannot justify buying another pair of boots in FL unless they are a steal.

Thanks for giving me credit for giving you credit for giving me credit. Or something.

Oh, ok, I thought anything with a price cut was clearance. I don't get out much...

That is how I feel about coats. I love winter coats. I do not need a winter coat in San Diego, ever, and stubbornly still have the ones I bought when I lived in MA. Could really use the closet space, too.

Thanks for giving me credit for giving you credit for giving me credit. Or something.

Oh, ok, I thought anything with a price cut was clearance. I don't get out much...

That is how I feel about coats. I love winter coats. I do not need a winter coat in San Diego, ever, and stubbornly still have the ones I bought when I lived in MA. Could really use the closet space, too.
I spend too much time stalking things I don't need. It's actually become kind of a hobby for me. The boots I mentioned are in a spot that I think will not be noticed. They are still in the shoe department, in the correct size section. I know people hide shoes in another size section, to make them harder to find, but I don't do this. If they get reduced, and are still there, they are mine. If not, it wasn't meant to be.

I get out, but obviously I am not doing anything constructive based on this post.
I'm trying to rotate bags more frequently. Today is the Garbo Camille's turn. It's one of my only grown up bags [emoji56]
View attachment 3759344
This is stunning, faith! I don't even remember this bag. I starting really noticing MJ in 2009, but probably missed it. What year is Garbo Camille from?

Good job on rotating bags, faith. I am currently in a phase where I am not; hard to justify buying more if I don't use them. I think I'll change bags ... tomorrow.

This is a gorgeous color. Yum.

I spend too much time stalking things I don't need. It's actually become kind of a hobby for me. The boots I mentioned are in a spot that I think will not be noticed. They are still in the shoe department, in the correct size section. I know people hide shoes in another size section, to make them harder to find, but I don't do this. If they get reduced, and are still there, they are mine. If not, it wasn't meant to be.

I get out, but obviously I am not doing anything constructive based on this post.

This is stunning, faith! I don't even remember this bag. I starting really noticing MJ in 2009, but probably missed it. What year is Garbo Camille from?

Good job on rotating bags, faith. I am currently in a phase where I am not; hard to justify buying more if I don't use them. I think I'll change bags ... tomorrow.

Thanks! I really liked the Garbo collection and have had a few styles over the year, but the Camille was the only functional one, at least for me. They're all very pretty bags, though.

I would love to find it in orange someday, too.
img-thing.jpg

Fingers crossed the boots are still there when you're ready to get them, Mimmy! Did you change bags or are you now a liar? :P

It's the opposite for me - if I change bags frequently, I'm less likely to want another one since it keeps me aware that I already have enough.

@faith_ann Saw from the other thread, that it's FW10. How did you know that I was going to ask that? [emoji6]
Predicting what someone will ask about a bag is a very obscure, occasionally useful skill of mine.

I'm irritated by the number of Poshmark followers I have. I don't like numbers with 5's in them, for no reason other than I'm allowed to, and the first number has been a 5 for awhile.

528 people until it rolls over to a 6.

You might read that and think there's something wrong with me, and you would likely be correct.

Thanks! I really liked the Garbo collection and have had a few styles over the year, but the Camille was the only functional one, at least for me. They're all very pretty bags, though.

I would love to find it in orange someday, too.
View attachment 3760427

Fingers crossed the boots are still there when you're ready to get them, Mimmy! Did you change bags or are you now a liar? :P

It's the opposite for me - if I change bags frequently, I'm less likely to want another one since it keeps me aware that I already have enough.

Predicting what someone will ask about a bag is a very obscure, occasionally useful skill of mine.
Fortunately I read your post prior to leaving my house, so I changed bags. The orange Garbo Camille was an inspiration too. Changed into a vintage Coach. I don't wear it with the Coach hangtag, but I included it in the photo for completeness. Sorry about posting a non MJ bag.
IMG_1499905412.532286.jpg
I'm irritated by the number of Poshmark followers I have. I don't like numbers with 5's in them, for no reason other than I'm allowed to, and the first number has been a 5 for awhile.

528 people until it rolls over to a 6.

You might read that and think there's something wrong with me, and you would likely be correct.
Hahaha! I logged onto Poshmark. I couldn't remember if I ever signed up. I have 2 followers. I hope to have 5 someday. [emoji6]

Reactions: ElainePG
Fortunately I read your post prior to leaving my house, so I changed bags. The orange Garbo Camille was an inspiration too. Changed into a vintage Coach. I don't wear it with the Coach hangtag, but I included it in the photo for completeness. Sorry about posting a non MJ bag.
View attachment 3761635

Hahaha! I logged onto Poshmark. I couldn't remember if I ever signed up. I have 2 followers. I hope to have 5 someday. [emoji6]
It's a cute bag, so you're forgiven. I'm not a recent years Coach fan but the vintage bags look nicely made.

Heh, you must have signed up before there was a New People category for people to follow, well, new people.

8 more to 6 and then I'll need to find something else insignificant to bother me.

Reactions: Mimmy
I require a vacation I can't afford to a place I probably wouldn't come back from. There's so much construction going on in the area and the near constant noise is driving me crazy.

Comic Con starts tomorrow and I'm trying to find my mom a badge that isn't the price equivalent of a first born child, or at least someone that would accept a first born child as payment. I'm not too optimistic that either option will present itself.

What has everyone been up to? Any pretty things purchased?

Last edited:
I require a vacation I can't afford to a place I probably wouldn't come back from. There's so much construction going on in the area and the near constant noise is driving me crazy.

Comic Con starts tomorrow and I'm trying to find my mom a badge that isn't the price equivalent of a first born child, or at least someone that would accept a first born child as payment. I'm not too optimistic that either option will present itself.

What has everyone been up to? Any pretty things purchased?

I am off from work this week, and trying to relax a bit. I have been really stressed. I am also really trying to buy something to relieve my stress. I thought I was going to get this Proenza Schouler clutch online for a steal from Barneys Warehouse.
IMG_1500498122.233981.jpg
It ended up being sold out, and once I thought about it, I tried to buy it before for a slightly higher price, and it was sold out then too! I think they just keep listing it for a lower price even though they don't even have it in stock anymore. [emoji35]

I bought a Bal clutch from the full line Barneys online, and it had a small slice in the leather and dustbag. It looked like someone sliced it when they opened the box. I took photos of the intact plastic bag and tissue that it was wrapped in, to show that I didn't damage it, but it wasn't a problem and they refunded my cc.

I have also tried to order some clothing online, and ended up having to return most of it. I did get these cute jeans from Zara though. They fit well.
IMG_1500498719.618456.jpg
So faith, this is probably way more info than you wanted; I hope you just skimmed this post. [emoji6]

Oh, and I am still stalking the MJ dress. It hasn't gone any lower, and I can't spend $299 on it. I looked at the skirt on the MJ site so much that I don't even want it anymore.

Sorry about your construction noise. I dislike hearing a lot of noise outside when I am at home too.

Hope you have something pretty to show us; pretty please?

That's some awful buying luck, I'm sorry! The jeans are very adorable, though, so at least there's that.

Funny about the skirt. I get that. I'm surprised the dress hasn't been lowered again.

The house was quiet at first and now it's loud. almost. all. the. time. Initially I thought I would like to stay here for awhile, but all the things I thought I would get used to, I am just getting more and more bothered by.

I bought a few cheap, small things. I'm not a big MBMJ fan, but this was practically free and I like pink and black as a combo. I can't find a photo online and I'm too lazy to take another one - just imagine the rest of it lol

I also finally found a replacement black PTTM bracelet (mine is super worn) and a friend of mine sent me one in red.
df28269e7941056992dbf54fb1af82b7.jpg

Lastly, the rainbow zipper necklace completes my zipper necklace collection.
10-most-fashionable-marc-jacobs-accessories-Marc-Jacobs-Zipper-Necklace.jpg
Oh, and I bought a Marc Jacobs Rubik's cube. I don't know why.

I am off from work this week, and trying to relax a bit. I have been really stressed. I am also really trying to buy something to relieve my stress. I thought I was going to get this Proenza Schouler clutch online for a steal from Barneys Warehouse.
View attachment 3768678
It ended up being sold out, and once I thought about it, I tried to buy it before for a slightly higher price, and it was sold out then too! I think they just keep listing it for a lower price even though they don't even have it in stock anymore. [emoji35]

I bought a Bal clutch from the full line Barneys online, and it had a small slice in the leather and dustbag. It looked like someone sliced it when they opened the box. I took photos of the intact plastic bag and tissue that it was wrapped in, to show that I didn't damage it, but it wasn't a problem and they refunded my cc.

I have also tried to order some clothing online, and ended up having to return most of it. I did get these cute jeans from Zara though. They fit well.
View attachment 3768686
So faith, this is probably way more info than you wanted; I hope you just skimmed this post. [emoji6]

Oh, and I am still stalking the MJ dress. It hasn't gone any lower, and I can't spend $299 on it. I looked at the skirt on the MJ site so much that I don't even want it anymore.

Sorry about your construction noise. I dislike hearing a lot of noise outside when I am at home too.

Hope you have something pretty to show us; pretty please?

Reactions: ElainePG
Mimmy, I think you have MJ shoes? How's the sizing? Is 38 really US size 8 for instance? Do you get your usual size? I'm usually size US 8 but there are brands where I need 8.5. I can only buy MJ shoes online so I need to have an idea on sizing. Thanks!

That's some awful buying luck, I'm sorry! The jeans are very adorable, though, so at least there's that.

Funny about the skirt. I get that. I'm surprised the dress hasn't been lowered again.

The house was quiet at first and now it's loud. almost. all. the. time. Initially I thought I would like to stay here for awhile, but all the things I thought I would get used to, I am just getting more and more bothered by.

I bought a few cheap, small things. I'm not a big MBMJ fan, but this was practically free and I like pink and black as a combo. I can't find a photo online and I'm too lazy to take another one - just imagine the rest of it lol

I also finally found a replacement black PTTM bracelet (mine is super worn) and a friend of mine sent me one in red.
View attachment 3768717

Lastly, the rainbow zipper necklace completes my zipper necklace collection.
View attachment 3768726
Oh, and I bought a Marc Jacobs Rubik's cube. I don't know why.

The wallet is very cute, faith! I'm glad that you were able to find a replacement PTTM bracelet, and that your friend found you a red one too.

I like the zipper necklace too. Wow, a MJ Rubik's cube! [emoji3] I kind of like the MJ sneakers that look like Stan Smith's but have his face on the tongue; so far I've managed to resist. They're not on sale yet anyway.

I know what you mean about starting to focus on the things that bother you. For awhile the house next to mine was rented to some players on a soccer team. They were having parties frequently until 2 or 3 am. I actually thought that we would need to sell our house. Thankfully they decided to move somewhere more exciting.

Thanks for the sympathy. Hopefully my buying luck will improve.