Minimizing pores...

I've been exfoliating, using masks, using toner, and nothing works. At first, I thought it was huge blackheads deep in the pores that were keeping them huge, so I tried to clean out my pores as much as I could, but surprisingly, no blackheads deep within the skin. Just big pores. :shrugs:

Hmmm, this is a hereditary issue. When I've had blackheads which enlarged my pores I actually used hydrogen peroxide (no joke!) to bleach them back to my skin color. It didn't get rid of them but it reversed the oxidation process which makes the oil turn dark.

Because you mentioned it's not blackheads in your case, it might be worth a consultation with an asthetician or dermatologist to see what he/she recommends?

I have issues with pores too. However, in my case it's a little different. I used to have flawless skin, no acne and almost invisible pores. Then one day I used the Shiseido powder foundation and shortly after I put it on, I felt this irritation and sting on my face. I washed it all off but by then my pores had totally gotten large. It has not been the same since. So in my case I think it was a result of very bad allergic reaction to Shiseido, and I cannot seem to get rid of the darn pores ... Any suggestions? It's not hereditary in this case.

I've been looking for a really good cleanser I can use to make my pores smaller and to clean out any blackheads in my pores. Have any of you used any pore cleaning products that are amazing and perhaps can recommend me one ?

I have somewhat dry skin so anything that will add moisture back into my skin as well as a healthy glow would be great!:yahoo:

Thank You.

I know for sure that you cannot make your pores smaller. Ask any dermatologist and they will confirm this. Your pore size is essentially determined at about age 10. However there are many good cleansers that keep bacteria out of pores and keep the skin very clean which, of course, will minimize the appearance of pores. I use Biomedic and love it.

I would suggest Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream. It is not in and of itself truly a cleanser (in spite of its name), meaning that I would use something else to clean first but it is great stuff. I am not sure it minimizes pores but it does help clean them out and reduce the appearance of them. The trick is to use it correctly -- you need to roll and press the stuff on and not rub it in.

I know for sure that you cannot make your pores smaller. Ask any dermatologist and they will confirm this. Your pore size is essentially determined at about age 10. However there are many good cleansers that keep bacteria out of pores and keep the skin very clean which, of course, will minimize the appearance of pores. I use Biomedic and love it.

Thank you so much for suggesting Biomedic! I read their site and it's everything i've been wanting! I just ordered a few of their products and although it was abit expensive i'm sure it'll be worth it ( judging by the excellent reviews on the site ). Thanks Irishgal.:yahoo:

I suffer from big pores myself.,..esp. on my nose...........ewww, gross........my doctor gave me a few samples of Biomedic as well.......i loved it! i just ordered from their site as well, yes its pricey.............but totally worth it

go with the purifying cleanser and conditioning solution

I have been told that there is no way to minimize them but I do agree that using Vitamin C (Vivier) does help them look smaller. I'm using Kate Somerville's Kate in a Jar scrub and her Deep Tissue cream and it find it unbelievable that the red veins on my nose is less noticable.

I have a some pore minimizer from Clinique that I've been using for a while but to be honest, I have not seen any changes on the size of my pores. So, don't get this one!
At least now you can rule out one brand hehehe