Minimizing pores...

Get a glycolic based cleanser or have a glycolic peel done.

My boyfriend had huge pores (and blackheads) on his nose. I'm doing lactic acid peels and glycolics on him-his nose is totally clean and pores are closing up.

Use a primer in the interim.

Any AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) will help shrink your pores.

can you recommend any good products for this ??

can you recommend any good products for this ??

Is your skin oily? I'm sort of guessing it is due to the larger pore size.

I make up my own toners (2-4% glycolic) and chemical peels, but I know a lot of people here order from LauraChem. There is a Mario Badescu glycolic toner which is nice, but having used his other products it's the ONLY product by him I recommend.

I do use a moisturizer which AHA based by Lucrece. It's the Lucrece Regenerative Cream + III. Excellent moisturizer with SPF.

Regarding a cleanser you could get a glycolic based one (I'd have to dig around to make a rec to see what's out there) or a lotion which Epicuren has. Then if you're getting too dry you can back off the glycolic or I'd recommend getting 2 cleansers.

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner is great ---I use it after my cleanser and before my moisturizer. It is a AHA -- so it cleans the pores and makes them less visible.

ITA! :tup: I have huge pores on my nose, so I use Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and Toner. Totally helps. (Don't expect miracle results the next day, but it will definitely work if you consistently use it.)

It is definately large pores. I do occasionally get a blackhead but not too often. I will try some of these suggestions. Do makeup lines all have a primer? Who makes them?

I used toners but they don't really help much.

I've used Clinique's Pore Minimizer in the past and LOVED it. Amazing! I think it's about $15/tube and lasts for quite some time. I used it under my foundation.

A few years back, I began using a soap with rhassoul clay in it and I swear -- it has been the BEST thing I ever did! Expensive soap but within a week of using it, my pores seemed to be smaller. I haven't used the Clinique stuff since using rhassoul clay soap! I used to purchase it from Daybreak Farms but began making my own (I make cold process soap as a hobby) a couple years ago.

Here's the link if you want to read about it:
http://www.daybreaklavenderfarm.com/store/Rhassoul-p-17.html

My large pores dramatically reduced when I started using Isomers Copper P Peptide serum. They are a pharmacutical out of Canada and sell on www.shopnbc.com. I love it so much, that I bought it in bulk when they had a sale (that any Matryxil 3000).

I know I can attribute my pore size reduction to this product because at the time, it was the only thing from their line I could afford to buy at the time. Then I got my SO hooked on it and he funds my addiction!

Whatever you do, stay away from Dermadoctor...it sucks! I used it to make mine smaller and it never worked! Ugh. I kept hoping that it would and used up the whole bottle. I've heard good things about it, but, it did not work for me!

You mean besides bemoan them?

I do Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask every week, sometimes twice a week in summer, and I wash my face with regular old Mysore sandalwood soap (Do NOT do that unless you have very oily skin!)

As someone pointed out, keeping them very clean will "minimize" them in that it will make them less apparent, and the Queen Helene mask** really does reduce the size, temporarily, of course, at least for me.

Queen Helene Mint julep mask is nothing but kaolin, some mint extract, green coloring, and some sort of binder to make it creamy. Kaolin, for those who do not know, is just very fine clay, the kind fine dishes are made from, and if you live in the parts of China or in the United States, Georgia, where it is mined, you can just dig it out of the ground and make your own mask!

You mean besides bemoan them?

I do Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask every week, sometimes twice a week in summer, and I wash my face with regular old Mysore sandalwood soap (Do NOT do that unless you have very oily skin!)

As someone pointed out, keeping them very clean will "minimize" them in that it will make them less apparent, and the Queen Helene mask** really does reduce the size, temporarily, of course, at least for me.

Queen Helene Mint julep mask is nothing but kaolin, some mint extract, green coloring, and some sort of binder to make it creamy. Kaolin, for those who do not know, is just very fine clay, the kind fine dishes are made from, and if you live in the parts of China or in the United States, Georgia, where it is mined, you can just dig it out of the ground and make your own mask!

I'm telling my GA friend to start digging for me right now!

I love QHMJM and use it regularly. Also been using another one by Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay. It's Bentonite Clay and works well too. It feels weird on though...kinda pulses. I suppose that's just the skin tightening as the clay harden. :confused1:

I am a total Isomers junkie. They have several good products for pores.
The owner is a chemist and makes incredible products that come out way before the big companies who need to get their models and ad campaigns together first.

She is not a big fan of primers. Says they fill and stretch the pores.
I dunno, but I don't use one now.

My large pores dramatically reduced when I started using Isomers Copper P Peptide serum. They are a pharmacutical out of Canada and sell on www.shopnbc.com. I love it so much, that I bought it in bulk when they had a sale (that any Matryxil 3000).

I know I can attribute my pore size reduction to this product because at the time, it was the only thing from their line I could afford to buy at the time. Then I got my SO hooked on it and he funds my addiction!

:tup:QUOTE=coachwife6;499087]What suggestions do you have for that? I have had large pores my entire life. Small black dots all over my nose. I have always hated it but have learned to live with it.[/QUOTE]
I have four enlarged pores in the middle of my Tzone that also look like black dots. Otherwise my skin is pretty good but they stick out and all I can see in the mirror are those holes! I hate them. I tried everything to hide them a nothing worked to cover these pores until I used concealapore. This stuff really works to erase my large pore sites and I use it as a touch up concealer every day.:yahoo:

I struggle with those little black dots, too- my problem is less enlarged pores and more clogged pores, because when I manage to clear them out the pores are not noticeable at all. Lately, I have been having pretty good results with the following: use Cetaphil cleanser 2x/day, making sure to spend at least 60 seconds massaging it into the areas where pores are clogged, follow with plain witch hazel as toner and clinique DDML. When I get home, I make sure to take off some of the grit and grime of the day with a swipe of witch hazel even if I'm not washing my face. I do not use powder or foundation, the only other product I use is Neutrogena Dry Touch sunscreen (makes pores look smaller!).