Michael Vick Busted for Illegal Dogfighting

There's no reason why we can't post the phone number when it's on the Humane Society's Website. PLEASE CALL.

Call the NFL's Commissioner Roger Goodell at (212) 450-2000 (you may have to leave a message in voicemail), and ask him to suspend Michael Vick immediately.

^ I just called and left a message (got voicemail) expressing my disgust at this EVIL person and asking for his immediate suspension! Thanks for the #!

This creep is from my neck of the woods.He has always thought his s*%t didn't stink and had problems with the law while in college for one thing after the other.

Same here I've been following his mess since high school and VT....he's disgusting.:throwup: People put up with him and his brother's illegal and boorish actions because of his football skills even making a hero of him around here. I've so had it with these nasty players who have no morality and are such poor role models for the kids who worship them.

OMG, how absolutely appalling. :wtf: :sad:

He and/or his family (depending on who's guilty) should be thrown in jail for life - but I suspect they'll be out again in a few weeks, or months.

I don't know which is worse, that sick perverts (because why else would anyone want to do this?) do this kind of thing to animals, or that the criminal 'justice' system, in most countries, does next to nothing about it.

If anything even approaching this was done to children, the perpetrators would never see the light of day again (and rightly so) and when one chooses to take on the responsiblity of keeping animals, one should be held equally responsible if one then chooses to abuse them, IMO.

From Cnn.com: If convicted on the federal charges, Vick could find himself behind bars for up to six years, in addition to being fined $350,000, according to the federal court.

That's IT??? SIX measly years??? $350K is a drop in the well to him... unless, of course, he LOSES HIS JOB. That would be ideal.

This is a slap on the wrist. He needs a lethal injection.

Let's hope that's the case. :yes:

ITA, it's not nearly enough, but it's much better than nothing. At least it would ruin his career.

People like this rarely seem to serve more than a few months over here. It's a national disgrace, especially for a supposed 'nation of animal lovers'. :cursing:

Let's hope they also fine every single one of his family members (who are involved) $350,000 and he ends up having to pay all their fines too!

Personally, I don't understand why they put a ceiling on fines - surely they should be left open-ended, for situations just like this, where grossly overpaid scumbags are involved?!

This guy is such a waste of skin. I can't believe that the NFL commissioner apparently isn't going to suspend him for at least a year--although he deserves to have his contract cancelled--not bought out, but cancelled. I could be wrong, but apparently Nike doesn't give a hang if he's a complete psychopath, either.
Commerce trumps decency, clearly.

any person who can do this to an animal can certainly do it to a human...

ITA. :yes:

We mustn't forget, serial killers, almost invariably, start out by abusing and killing animals and after how it treats its children, sick and old people; a country's level of civilisation is often guaged (by other countries) by how it treats its animals.

Therefore, these atrocities are not nearly as trivial and irrelevant to them, their families and their nations, as some non-animal lovers would, apparently, like to think...

This guy is such a waste of skin. I can't believe that the NFL commissioner apparently isn't going to suspend him for at least a year--although he deserves to have his contract cancelled--not bought out, but cancelled. I could be wrong, but apparently Nike doesn't give a hang if he's a complete psychopath, either.
Commerce trumps decency, clearly.

Unbelievable. :tdown:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/20/vick.dogfighting/index.html

Here are some bits and pieces I pulled out of the article. To sum it up: he pi$$ed off a lot of people!

"********ic Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia, who has addressed lawmakers often about his love for animals, shook with emotion during a forceful condemnation of dogfighting."

"Senate criticism increased Friday as Sen. John Kerry said he had sent a letter to the NFL commissioner calling for Vick's immediate suspension."

"The 2004 ********ic presidential nominee also said he planned to introduce anti-dogfighting legislation... Kerry's proposal would make it illegal to transmit images of dogfighting, to run Web sites that cater to dogfighting, and to won [sic] or train dogs for the purpose of fighting, according to his office."

"Joining the call for Vick's suspension were more than 50 animal rights protesters gathered Friday outside NFL headquarters in New York. The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals event followed a letter condemning dogfighting that the group sent to Vick's team, the Atlanta Falcons, Goodell and Vick's corporate sponsors."

"The Humane Society of the United States also called for Vick's suspension and said on its Web site, 'Anything less would be an outrage.'"

"Vick faces a bond hearing and arraignment before a federal judge in Richmond on July 26 -- which also is opening day of Falcons' training camp."

This makes me sick. Those poor dogs. I can't even imagine how someone could do such a thing. It's beyond inhumane. I have a 4 yr old pit bull, he is THE best dog in the world. All he does is love, love, love. It's horrible to think dogs just like him that just wanted to love were forced into such a cruel way of life. I only wish they would do to him what he did to those poor poor babies.