Michael Vick Busted for Illegal Dogfighting

His punishment was as harsh as it was because he's black. No if and or buts about it. I don't want to see an animal harmed but otherwise I could care less about them.....anyone's. I care about people, specifically the black men and women that are being killed by police because of their fear. To all the people on here making comments and having such strong opinions about animals maybe if you had these same opinions about the "black lives" things might get better.

Oh geez. So you have national average sentences of dog fighting, conspiracy, and racketeering so you know Vick got a harsher sentence than what a white dude would get?

"Recently, longer sentences have resulted in some dog fighting-related cases. In South Carolina, David Tant, breeder of fighting dogs, is serving a 30-year sentence, among the stiffest ever imposed for the crime. 'Fat Bill' Reynolds of Henry County, Virginia near Martinsville, publisher of American Gamedog Times, a dog fighting magazine with an Internet website, was convicted in 2001 of transmitting images of fighting dogs across state lines and sentenced to 30 months in prison"

Both white dudes and both got longer sentences than Vick got.

As for my views on BLM, I'm 100% in support of police being held responsible for, what I feel, are crimes. It's pretty evident that, typically, black criminals get treated more harshly than criminals of other races/ethnicities. However, that has nothing to do with Vick's case at all.

Just read above poster. If you think white people wouldn't be outraged if Tom Brady replicated the same behaviours as Vick with the cruelty and torture of animals, you are mistaken.
I think Brady would even be more vilified.

Unless you're a Pats fan. Then Brady can do whatever he wants. And while I'm kinda joking...I'm kinda not.

Actually, if you go back to 2007, Vick was only charged with one count. They plea bargained and he didn't have to face the 20+ counts against him, so his sentence might seem harsh, he did 18 months on a 24 month or so jail term. I don't think that's harsh at all.

I think his real "time" is trying to redeem himself to everyone who believed in him, and all animal lovers who will never forgive.

Reactions: Carson123
Michael Vick will always have an image problem, and rightly so. There's no escaping the fact that he personally tortured and killed the dogs he thought weren't performing up to his standards. What he did and how he did it was sick and there's no rational way to defend it. To many who don't give a damn about the NFL he will always be Michael Vick, dog killer.

Unless you're a Pats fan. Then Brady can do whatever he wants. And while I'm kinda joking...I'm kinda not.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. My sister lives in Boston and they might agree with you.
Speaking of shady Brady's wife...check out Olympics OC.

Last edited:
Reactions: uhpharm01