Michael Fassbender

I feel starved of Michael news so I am happy if anyone posts anything regarding any sightings of him. I can understand people’s frustration when details aren’t given, as I feel that myself, but at the same time, I’ve come to trust certain posters’ judgements; the balance between debunking crap without revealing anything private about Michael is an extremely fine and difficult line to navigate. It’s done perfectly on here, IMO.

Well said Jane. I would like to add that I like most everyone here and if they had messaged me to ask I probably would have shared. The thing is, this thread gets a lot of views even when there's not many posts. I may trust members but I don't know all the lurkers. And going by the threads view count, there's lots of lurkers! I do know there are quite a few who are ex fans of Michael and never were fans of Alicia. Some are ex members who were banned because they couldn't abide a few basic rules of decency and decorum. They don't like Michael anymore. They don't like Alicia. They don't like us. That's okay but it does make me think twice about posting some things.

Let me give an example... I once posted a Twitter sighting of Michael and Alicia when they were dating. It was a public account so I figured it was fair game. Well, she got bombarded with questions and some people who were asking her I knew ran negative blogs. They played nice to get the info and she was kind to answer their questions. Well, they didn't get the answers they wanted so they went back to their blogs and dragged this poor girl for days. Here she was just an innocent girl excited about meeting two actors and nice enough to give details and she got called a liar, a b*tch, a member of Alicia's ever reaching pr posse. I felt terrible because I thought it was partly my fault for posting the tweet. Yes, it was a public account so people could have seen it anyway but some saw it cause I posted it. That girl got dumped on because of me. I vowed never to do that again to anyone else. I am cautious about what I post and at times delete before posting. People like who they like and they dislike who they dislike but I'm not going to provide the material for people to mock and insult.

I've seen the pics and videos and I wholeheartedly agree with the decision to wait until the weekend was over to post somethings and to never post other things. This was someone's wedding, the biggest day of their lives. These were Michael and Alicia's close friends. I won't be a part of providing anything for anyone to sneer at or snark on. They'll probably all be out there soon enough anyway. But when people fire away on Michael, Alicia, their friends and family at least I'll know I didn't hand them the ammunition.

HUNGER (2008)
circle-hunger-2.jpg

The accomplished visual artist Steve McQueen would win an Oscar for the 2013 drama “12 Years a Slave,” but it was his directorial debut about Irish ********** Army leader Bobby Sands that announced his undisputed cinematic chops. Structured as a triptych set in the notorious Irish prison the Maze, the film follows Sands – played in a mesmerizing performance by Michael Fassbender – during his final days, when he embarked on a hunger strike to attain political status for IRA prisoners. Anchored by a riveting 17-minute take when Sands debates the morality of his political action with a Catholic priest, the film is both intimate and carefully formalist, disturbing and full of fleeting, improbable beauty.

Nothing new, unfortunately, but a nice look back. From a recent Washington Post article by Ann Hornaday.

So is he switching from Ferrari to Porsche?
I think he's just trying different types of cars. I expect to see him at Imola in October. This was a driving course,right?

Fan pic. That hair!

:lol: Helmet hair! I guess he had just finished to drive because his face is also quite red.

This pic reminds me of when Cronenberg said he was happy all the time.:P

Reactions: JaneWT