Michael Fassbender

So to my friends on PF, I don’t have access to any private accounts of any friends or family of either Michael or Alicia. I do chat to some people they know but obviously not about them cos that would be messed up and weird. If I ever have been told about anything that isn’t public knowledge I’ve certainly never shared it before it was public knowledge, if at all. Sometimes I come across PUBLIC pics etc that I do not feel comfortable sharing on here. People that I am now in chats with (of which there are many ) will know me and know my reasons for that. I’m under no obligation to give anyone I feel has disrespected Michael, Alicia or myself anything. That’s my personal choice.
I think we are all more than aware of some people’s issues and their agendas for posting on PF. Personally I have been chased across 2 twitter accounts, one personal and one fandom stuff, only for the person to turn up here. She has a remarkable gift of coming up with nicknames for those she likes to berate, whilst trying to lecture on the mature way to live life. She can’t stand Alicia and will twist everything about her into a negative. I’m quite proud I’m in such good company, actually, although I think Alicia’s nickname was given way more thought than mine :thinking:
And I’m just askin’ but why is it ok for members to pop up in the thread to post antagonistic and cryptic negative things but not ok for people to post positive, cryptic things? :rtr: Have I broke a rule?

Last edited:
Reactions: carlpsmom
How about this? How about if we all agree to discuss Michael in the Michael thread and leave discussion on fandom behavior out of it? Look, I know it can be frustrating. I've had people screen shot items from my blog and paste them over here in order to argue that I"m running an anti-Alicia blog (which I'm not). I don't know what the intent was, but I'd guess it was not intended to help build positive traffic to my blog. The very first time I was exposed to the Alicia fandom, it was when I made an innocent comment on Twitter about being annoyed that news about Alicia that had nothing to do with Michael was tagged with his name, and that was met with some aggressive and rude responses informing me that they were partners and I had to accept it. I wasn't fighting them being together ... but got the response anyway. I've seen people blasted in this thread for not posting info about Michael and not contributing as a chosen few saw fit.
Nothing good comes of policing fandoms. We ALL seem to agree that we don't like the behavior. So why not just make this about Michael - about information that is public and can be shared, and stop with all the fandom politics crap?

So to my friends on PF, I don’t have access to any private accounts of any friends or family of either Michael or Alicia. I do chat to some people they know but obviously not about them cos that would be messed up and weird. If I ever have been told about anything that isn’t public knowledge I’ve certainly never shared it before it was public knowledge, if at all. Sometimes I come across PUBLIC pics etc that I do not feel comfortable sharing on here. People that I am now in chats with (of which there are many ) will know me and know my reasons for that. I’m under no obligation to give anyone I feel has disrespected Michael, Alicia or myself anything. That’s my personal choice.
I think we are all more than aware of some people’s issues and their agendas for posting on PF. Personally I have been chased across 2 twitter accounts, one personal and one fandom stuff, only for the person to turn up here. She has a remarkable gift of coming up with nicknames for those she likes to berate, whilst trying to lecture on the mature way to live life. She can’t stand Alicia and will twist everything about her into a negative. I’m quite proud I’m in such good company, actually, although I think Alicia’s nickname was given way more thought than mine :thinking:
And I’m just askin’ but why is it ok for members to pop up in the thread to post antagonistic and cryptic negative things but not ok for people to post positive, cryptic things? :rtr: Have I broke a rule?

I don’t feel as if I’ve disrespected Michael, Alicia, or you. I’m sorry if you feel differently. I certainly meant no disrespect to any of these people and I apologize if what I said sounded disrespectful. And of course you don’t have to share things with me. But again, why post about it here if only some of us know about it.

And I do find negative cryptic things antagonistic as well. But the negative thing a usually are bit cryptic but fairly obvious, and they’re usually opinions about situations as opposed to actual knowledge about where Michael is or what he is doing. Finally, they’re usually about Alicia or about Michael’s relationship with Alicia, and as I’ve mentioned I tend to avoid that topic here because I don’t like all the negativity surrounding it.

I feel starved of Michael news so I am happy if anyone posts anything regarding any sightings of him. I can understand people’s frustration when details aren’t given, as I feel that myself, but at the same time, I’ve come to trust certain posters’ judgements; the balance between debunking crap without revealing anything private about Michael is an extremely fine and difficult line to navigate. It’s done perfectly on here, IMO.

Thank you for posting that, pearlyqueen. Again, I have no problem with people feeling some things are too private to post in the forum. I agree that some things should not be shared. What I do have a problem with is talking about those private things in a forum that everyone can see those discussions, and can see that things are being shared among a select group of people and that some of us are not deemed acceptable to be part of that group. If something is truly private, it should be kept to private messaging, including discussions of it, if and until it is deemed suitable for public posting. That is what I mean about the feeling of a hierarchy of fans. Things were being discussed in a secretive fashion, but in a public space. That is all I take issue with. I know many of you are fans of Alicia and follow her friends social media, and as such it comes as no surprise to me that you’ll see things I don’t. I’m not jealous of that, or upset about that. I could follow her friends as well if I chose to. The only thing that upset me is bringing something up on a public space and then saying, “oh no, it’s too private to talk about.” Then why bring it up at all?

Well tbh there are people who are not acceptable to me and who I want nothing to do with . I can’t stop them being members but I don’t have to share anything with them - especially bearing in mind how negatively some people react to details or pics of Michael and his wife. - not including you in this btw. Some members did send me direct messages and I was happy to share with them.
I’m not aware of refusing to elaborate earlier on the grounds of privacy - I fully intended to provide details - after the event. There are some things I know or have seen that I would never discuss publicly, and consequently have never alluded to them here. In the interim myself and others thought it was relevant to confirm Michael and Alicia are happy in Sweden and that some members may be interested to know that. But I don’t feel able to publicly share further pics or videos for the reasons I gave earlier.
Anyway, hope you like the pic!

Unless the Xmen reshoots are all scenes where Magneto would be wearing his helmet, he still may have to grow the hair a little more before reporting to Montreal. Remember how long it was when he went for shooting last year? If they are matching the scenes, he may still have some growing to do!