Travel MIAMI tips - questions - advice!

Does anyone know of a party boat / booze cruise / snorkeling tour that runs out of or near Miami, FL?

I am going in November and would love to do one. I did one in mexico and it was the best time ever. Preferably a pay one price and all you can drink instead of watching the sunset and buying individual drinks!

TIA!

My husband and I are thinking of going to Miami for a long weekend in September (pending no hurricanes in the Atlantic). We're looking for a hotel that's VERY close to a nice, clear, sandy beach. Otherwise, I'm not too picky. Any ideas?

I have stayed at LOEWS twice..its on the beach and walking distance to everything...Lincoln dr is right around the corner.

But my all time FAVE is Fairmount turnberry Isle resort..its TDF but NOT right on beach.Its in Aventura...not far but its worth staying there.the pool is AMAZING,waterslides,lazy river...great food and drinks!this place is higher end and VERY NICE.

But my all time FAVE is Fairmount turnberry Isle resort..its TDF but NOT right on beach.Its in Aventura...not far but its worth staying there.the pool is AMAZING,waterslides,lazy river...great food and drinks!this place is higher end and VERY NICE.

:nuts: I second the Fairmont Turnberry Isle resort! :tup: It is a gorgeous property and the service is excellent. It's quiet and feels like an oasis, but close to enough things to do. There are 2 golf courses on it, and the large mall at Aventura is easy walking distance across the street, and the pool is AWESOME!

Like Jill said it's not on the beach, but the hotel has a private beach for guests only about 10 minutes' drive from the resort - and a shuttle bus to take guests to/from the beach and hotel.

I stayed there for a long weekend in March and then SO & I went to the Palms in South Beach for 2 nights. That was a big shocker - teeny rooms, loud/noisy, crowded and small pool and so-so service. I sooo wished we just stayed longer at the Fairmont!

I always stay at the Hilton Bentley. Great service, good location (On Ocean Dr), and I love the rooms there.

For a cheap but clean hotel right on Collins in South Beach - The Kent

It's small, cute, and a great location.

I stayed at The Palms Hotel & Spa over Memorial Day and really liked it. Great beach & pool. It's on Collins but just a few blocks north of the main area so a bit cheaper than the other hotels.

I stayed at the W South Beach hotel on its opening weekend and fell in love. The rooms are spacious studio apartments with ocean view balconies. It's on the cusp of North Beach, so it's more peaceful than hotels further south but walking distance to the action and nightlife. The hotel is right on the beach, and the hotel sets up chairs, umbrellas and towels for guests with poolside and oceanside bar service.

My sister's also a fan of the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, FL though I've never been.

What's your budget like?

High end:
The Ganservoot
Fontainbleu
Eden Roc (my fave)

Mid range:
Royal Palm (on the beach)
Loews Miami (on the beach)
Catalina Hotel (you can get great rates here... Its not on the beach but its a very chic party hotel w/ ppl in their 20s...you rate includes airport shuttle and access to their private beach club... Check out their website!)