Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Hi everyone! I bought a brand new WOC (my first Chanel purchase) and when I got home I noticed a tiny area (1-2mm) near the stitching of a bottom corner and I can't tell if it's peeling of the leather or just a normal variation of the leather. I took a bunch of pics, including one under a magnifying glass - would love to hear other's opinions. It doesn't bother me as its super small, however I just worry about it getting worse over time if it is a peel. It is smooth to the touch so I'm not even sure if its a peel or not. I live about 5 hours from a Chanel boutique (bought the bag on vacation, checked it in store but didn't notice it at the time) so I don't want to make the trip out if it's nothing. Would love any input please! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_4539.jpeg
    IMG_4539.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4540.jpeg
    IMG_4540.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4546.jpeg
    IMG_4546.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4547.jpeg
    IMG_4547.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 102
Hi everyone! I got a mini top handle from a boutique and noticed an indentation in the front. It looks like the leather is just that way. Should I ask for a replacement or am I just being picky? It feels more pronounced when I touch it than it looks in the pictures. I worry about the resale value being affected in case I want to sell it later on but also worry about alienating my SA since I’m remote. Let me know what you think! Thanks!
Hello! Did you end up returning it? I finally got the mini top handle that I’ve been looking for but it has a similar looking indentation as yours. I’m not really sure if it’s just how the leather got folded. It started bothering me a bit now too 😫😕

Hi everyone! I bought a brand new WOC (my first Chanel purchase) and when I got home I noticed a tiny area (1-2mm) near the stitching of a bottom corner and I can't tell if it's peeling of the leather or just a normal variation of the leather. I took a bunch of pics, including one under a magnifying glass - would love to hear other's opinions. It doesn't bother me as its super small, however I just worry about it getting worse over time if it is a peel. It is smooth to the touch so I'm not even sure if its a peel or not. I live about 5 hours from a Chanel boutique (bought the bag on vacation, checked it in store but didn't notice it at the time) so I don't want to make the trip out if it's nothing. Would love any input please! :smile:
This looks like glue to me.

Hello! Did you end up returning it? I finally got the mini top handle that I’ve been looking for but it has a similar looking indentation as yours. I’m not really sure if it’s just how the leather got folded. It started bothering me a bit now too 😫😕
It seems the same person made our bags. I tried to figure out whether I would regret more by keeping it and feeling the indent or returning it and not being able to get another one. I sent it back yesterday. :facepalm:

It seems the same person made our bags. I tried to figure out whether I would regret more by keeping it and feeling the indent or returning it and not being able to get another one. I sent it back yesterday. :facepalm:
LOL!! 😂 It could be the same person!! I looked at it again and it’s not really a crease. I might just keep it but my eyes just zoom to it every single time. I have to decide tomorrow. Thanks for getting back to me!

Reactions: lsquare
Got the Duma when it returned in 24p. The bottom of the front pocket is not straight, was kind of pulled up. Would this bother you? I took it back to the store the next day after I bought it to show the SA but she said it’s because it’s new. It should straighten up after massaging. It has been two months, nothing changed. Would you take it back to Chanel (Nordstrom)? 😣 (the bag hasn’t been out of the box since I got it. )IMG_6080.jpegIMG_6081.jpegIMG_6082.jpeg

Got the Duma when it returned in 24p. The bottom of the front pocket is not straight, was kind of pulled up. Would this bother you? I took it back to the store the next day after I bought it to show the SA but she said it’s because it’s new. It should straighten up after massaging. It has been two months, nothing changed. Would you take it back to Chanel (Nordstrom)? 😣 (the bag hasn’t been out of the box since I got it. )View attachment 5974934View attachment 5974935View attachment 5974936
Yes, take it back. You should not be "massaging" new bags.

Reactions: boobookitty23
Hi everyone, I purchased 2 new handbags from a boutique remotely as I do not live near a boutique. Both handbags have creasing in the corners. I will attach pictures. Is this normal?? Does anyone have any remedies on how I can fix it without having to send the handbags back? The beige is the new mini 31 in shiny lambskin and the turquoise is a mini rectangular in lambskin. The SA says it can return for a refund. The mini 31 is sold out. The mini rectangular she said she may be able to exchange but if I exchange for the same item, it will be final sale as they are going off the date of my original purchase. This seems absurd to me as I would be accepting a bag without being able to inspect it. Has anyone else had this issue with a boutique??

Attachments

• IMG_9016.jpeg
    IMG_9016.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9015.jpeg
    IMG_9015.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9006.png
    IMG_9006.png
    992.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8965.jpeg
    IMG_8965.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 71
Hi everyone, I purchased 2 new handbags from a boutique remotely as I do not live near a boutique. Both handbags have creasing in the corners. I will attach pictures. Is this normal?? Does anyone have any remedies on how I can fix it without having to send the handbags back? The beige is the new mini 31 in shiny lambskin and the turquoise is a mini rectangular in lambskin. The SA says it can return for a refund. The mini 31 is sold out. The mini rectangular she said she may be able to exchange but if I exchange for the same item, it will be final sale as they are going off the date of my original purchase. This seems absurd to me as I would be accepting a bag without being able to inspect it. Has anyone else had this issue with a boutique??
Hi I also have the mini 31 from this season and the leather is supposed to be like this. It is a crumpled shiny lambskin. It’s beautiful! Enjoy it! Here is a photo of mine for reference IMG_1726.jpeg

• Insightful
  • Love
Reactions: Lisazs and Joke
Yes, completely normal. Don’t store them upright, I store mine in their sides if possible where all the structure is.
I haven’t even used them. I received them a week Ago and they’ve been in their boxes. If the beige is supposed to be a crumple leather I get it but the turquoise is just lambskin. So you are saying brand new this is normal?
Also if they are able to find me another one, after I return this for return, she’s telling me my return window for the new one will have expired and it’ll be final sale. There is no way that seems right. Have you experienced that?

Attachments

• IMG_8966.jpeg
    IMG_8966.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8965.jpeg
    IMG_8965.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8964.jpeg
    IMG_8964.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 18
Yes, it’s normal. It’s soft, not a rigid, structured bag. All softer skins will soften and wrinkle a bit depending on how they “sit” most of the time, which is why I keep mine on their sides.
I’ve never made a return, I can’t speak to the policy.

• Insightful
Reactions: Cali2HI and 880