Maybe I'm the bad person!!

I don't think so..it's like he was trying to start up with you as soon as you came in...then the giggling and whispering like he was in the 5th grade, seriously, come on, grow up dude. Talk about completely uncalled for. Sometimes people can have a bad day and be a jacka$$, but that extra stuff is just uncalled for more so. Basically everything he did was uncalled for, mainly cause it seems that he was the instigator of it all from the get go.

I, personally, think you were completely justified.

Awww. You guys you make me feel so better!! I walked away a little smirked, but when I got home, I felt like WOW, did I just say that? But I know there are just certain people in this world that can't handle themselves. You'll be happy to know I wrote a letter to the manager!!

I think you did the right thing. Such SAs ought to be given a taste of their own medicine! They're supposed to assist customers, not stare and be rude and act as if they're not on the job!

I totally think u were right for saying and doing what u did. My dad owns a business and sometimes i go in to lend and i treat my customers so well. I get a horrible period and even during those days when i feel light-headed and i'm sweating and i haven't had a bite to eat i am super nice and treat them with so much respect. SO u had full right to tell him off.

The womens boss store in our neighborhood are a bunch off a-holes. One day i went in and i liked a top and my mom tells me to try it on in punjabi and i answer back that i wouldn't buy anything from a store that treats me like that and they were losers. Two seconds later an sa said hi and asked if i needed any help i turn around and she's punjabi :roflmfao: that means she understood what i was saying.

In that situation I would have just said "'You don't have to be rude" and left it at that as soon as he started to be rude. i wouldn't have wasted my energy saying any more.

no definitely not! that's awesome that you could say that, i believe i would be just as pissed off if someone treated me like that. luckily no one in my store has treated me with such disrespect, maybe because i refuse to deal with anyone other than my regular SA, but the store in saks in bala cynwyd sometimes pisses me off with the way their sales associates look at the customers. generally i haven't had any problems anywhere else.

I love that you stood up for yourself. There aren't that many people out there that are willing to do so. And really, it's not like it's some serious manual labor working at LV. I have yet to see an SA break a sweat. I've worked in customer service before and it's your job to be respectful to your customers. There are no excuses. Your customers are your boss. Hell, I've had some really bad days and had one hell of a jerk for a boss. I would never be so rude. I did the right thing by biting my tounge then talk as much crap about 'em behind his back!

In situations like yours, I have found 1) getting an SA's name--either writing it down myself or getting their card--and 2) asking for their manager's name, almost always gets the SA's attention...& their behavior shapes up right away.... and depending on how much they improve decides whether or not I follow up with a letter or a call to the manager! ;)

wow :woohoo: that SA got what he deserved. sometimes i can't believe the nerve of some people. luckily i haven't been treated that badly at LV, but i know if it did happen i'd probably slink away and feel crappy the rest of the day.