Matt Lauer released for inappropriate behavior

I just loved Peter Jennings...the James Bond of newscasters. I don't want to know, either!
Never liked Lauer and remember him cheating on his beautiful wife. Wonder what she'll do?
Fingers crossed she takes him for every cent :annoyed:

I think his wife will get a lot of $$$. She originally filed for divorce back in 2006, but withdrew her petition like a month later.

They don’t even live together ... she lives in the Hamptons, so I’m sure they already have some sort of ‘arrangement’. I feel bad for the children ... the youngest is only 11.

JUST IN: Matt Lauer responds to sexual misconduct allegations in statement: "Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed."

DP4TRc6UMAEE9Gx.jpg

This guy is a fool. Period. $25 million a year and he can't keep himself in check? Crazy. His wife will be filing for divorce any second.

I guarantee that more than 80% of all the men in high profile positions, regardless of industry, are guilty of sexual harassment. I know that they're all bracing themselves because they're all sitting on a sexual harassment time bomb waiting for it to go off.

Tsk, tsk...

I've worked for big investment banks previously and have experienced sexual harassment first hand. Implicit suggestion and explicit. I left both times because there was no way my complaint could carry any weight against them.

Needless to say, I spent years wondering if there was something terribly wrong with me that I could be victim twice. Now, these accusations are coming out, I realized yes it's really rampant and I need not be so harsh on myself. I suffered from anxiety attacks, low self esteem, periods of depression, but I survived. It'll be 2018 soon, I hope work environment will be healthier for women going forward.

If the story of the button that locked his door is true, that tells me that NBC had to know more than they are ever going to let on. I don't believe that Matt had the mechanical expertise to install that himself, which means that he had to request it be installed. What justification do you give to building facilities management to explain the need to lock your door without getting up? I'm not saying that he told his bosses "Hey, I need to be able to lock my door so I can get it on quick with any cute woman who walks in my office" but a request was made, and it wasn't questioned.

I would never trust someone with a "hidden" button under their desk...UGH!

I don't remember where I read it, but this morning in an article I read that mentioned the button thing it said it was a feature common to lots of offices at NBC/Universal.

I'm not mentioning this to brush off any seriousness of the accusations or make an excuse, just to point out that articles and news can make this specific thing sound much more salacious and damning by acting like Matt was the only one with the button if indeed it's a feature in many offices there.

Not that it's not an odd, suspicious feature.

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
I don't remember where I read it, but this morning in an article I read that mentioned the button thing it said it was a feature common to lots of offices at NBC/Universal.

I'm not mentioning this to brush off any seriousness of the accusations or make an excuse, just to point out that articles and news can make this specific thing sound much more salacious and damning by acting like Matt was the only one with the button if indeed it's a feature in many offices there.

Not that it's not an odd, suspicious feature.

That's a very fair point, and I agree - a lot of times pieces of information like that are reported without explanation of why it's done that way and can be misleading. I'd be very curious to know why so many offices have that feature. I saw something last night that suggested it was a security measure, but that implied that Matt was very paranoid about paparazzi ... kind of implying it was just him. I wonder if the idea is that if there were a security threat, people could take action faster and save the time to run across the office and lock the door?

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
He is disgusting. Soul searching? Yeah right because he got outed. I do hope it doesn’t just end with him being fired. I’m thinking along the lines of assault charges and him being duly punished for them.

Is there anything he could have said that you would have considered an acceptable apology? I have to admit, I'm always bit puzzled when apology statements are slammed for being disingenuous. They may be -- but they get slammed if they don't issue one, and slammed if they do. Yes, the bad behavior justifies anger and criticism. But what would have been acceptable in the aftermath recognizing there is no time machine that can be used to stop the behavior in the first place.

Is there anything he could have said that you would have considered an acceptable apology? I have to admit, I'm always bit puzzled when apology statements are slammed for being disingenuous. They may be -- but they get slammed if they don't issue one, and slammed if they do. Yes, the bad behavior justifies anger and criticism. But what would have been acceptable in the aftermath recognizing there is no time machine that can be used to stop the behavior in the first place.
How about..
“I have no words..I was wrong...

Spare me all the soul searching bullshi$$