Matt Lauer released for inappropriate behavior

What gets me is the hypocrisy. I know there are videos of Lauer doing reports about the other guys doing the same kind of stuff he himself was doing. It's not just him of course, but what's up with these guys? Do they try to justify it to themselves that they are different than the others?
I wonder if he had any sense at all, over these last few weeks, that the story being reported might soon be about him?

I'd always heard about Lauer being a sleaze as far as cheating on his wife, but I didn't think he would have been stupid enough to jeopardize his job by doing it at work. And not that the Today show is a serious news outlet, but it almost makes me glad that Peter Jennings is gone. I don't want to hear/know if he did anything like this. He was always my favourite newscaster.

If something comes out about Jake Tapper, I’ll give up. And Lester Holt. The flood gates are open and I hope we finally see positive change and claims are taken more seriously. It’s just sad that some women are believed and others aren’t. When there are corroborating stories from multiple women, they are true. Period.

Same here. Jake has Gretchen Carlson (accused Roger Ailes at Fox) on his show now and then to talk about his topic and I get the feeling she considers Jake one of the good guys. I'll cry for a month if something bad comes out about him or Lester Holt.

I'd always heard about Lauer being a sleaze as far as cheating on his wife, but I didn't think he would have been stupid enough to jeopardize his job by doing it at work. And not that the Today show is a serious news outlet, but it almost makes me glad that Peter Jennings is gone. I don't want to hear/know if he did anything like this. He was always my favourite newscaster.
I just loved Peter Jennings...the James Bond of newscasters. I don't want to know, either!
Never liked Lauer and remember him cheating on his beautiful wife. Wonder what she'll do?
Fingers crossed she takes him for every cent :annoyed:

It did say the office flings were consensual so they weren't random women (or at least most of them weren't). But even if they were affairs he should have known that when he ended them that people would talk and compare notes. With his ego he probably didn't consider that any of them would say anything.
I would never trust someone with a "hidden" button under their desk...UGH!

I’m waiting for the Walter Cronkite claims to be made—am I showing my age?

Nooooooo....not Walter Cronkite......

Matt Lauer, on the other hand, struck me as a smarmy jerk who was incessantly unfaithful to his wife. I read somewhere that he was careful to do so at work because he was so powerful at the network that he knew that the various women would stay silent or not be believed. Particularly since he also had a number of consensual relationships and thus became a womanizer.

I have to say, that when I heard this news I gave a smile for Ann Curry - Lauer's behavior toward her was a damned disgrace that should never have been tolerated by the network IMO.

Nooooooo....not Walter Cronkite......

Matt Lauer, on the other hand, struck me as a smarmy jerk who was incessantly unfaithful to his wife. I read somewhere that he was careful to do so at work because he was so powerful at the network that he knew that the various women would stay silent or not be believed. Particularly since he also had a number of consensual relationships and thus became a womanizer.

I have to say, that when I heard this news I gave a smile for Ann Curry - Lauer's behavior toward her was a damned disgrace that should never have been tolerated by the network IMO.
Yes, I smiled for Ann also. Her ‘leaving’ was a craptastic move. I hope that she has some type of peace.

they are dropping like flies. Everybody coming out the woodwork

NBC News Chairman Andrew Lack said in a memo to employees that the complaint, which was made by a colleague of Lauer's, prompted a serious review and represented a "clear violation of our company's standards."

Lack said it was the first complaint lodged against Lauer, 59, for his behavior since he took over as anchor of the show in 1997, but there was "reason to believe" it wasn't an isolated incident.

"Our highest priority is to create a workplace environment where everyone feels safe and protected, and to ensure that any actions that run counter to our core values are met with consequences, no matter who the offender," Lack said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...att-lauer-after-sexual-misconduct-n824831/amp
Why men in power prey on others......they sure are careful about who they choose-cats out of the bag!

Reactions: kkfiregirl
This guy is a fool. Period. $25 million a year and he can't keep himself in check? Crazy. His wife will be filing for divorce any second.

I guarantee that more than 80% of all the men in high profile positions, regardless of industry, are guilty of sexual harassment. I know that they're all bracing themselves because they're all sitting on a sexual harassment time bomb waiting for it to go off.

Tsk, tsk...