Matt Lauer released for inappropriate behavior

just a week or so ago the cbs people had the same scenario with Charlie Rose. One thing I noticed this morning - Savanah said they just heard about it moments before going on air; then Hoda said they heard about it at the break of dawn. Maybe Hoda heard first since she had to come sit in for him.
I wonder what he did. And when will this end or slow down. Seems every day someone is losing their job.

I think the CBS scenario was slightly different because their was build up to it. They were aware that there were complaints against him, and then were aware that he had been suspended, and then terminated. It came in stages and the team there was able to process it and THEN report on it. In this case it seems like NBC wanted to ensure they broke the story and in order to accomplish that couldn't tell the team until this morning.

The gossip reports on what happen indicate that a staffer accused him of sexually assaulting him when they were in Rio covering the Olympics. Details are in Page Six. It says that people at the network knew he'd had affairs with other staff members but that they'd been consensual. This was an issue because it was non-consensual.

As bag-mania says above - there are also reports that the NY Times was looking into this, so NBC had to act fast for damage control, which also expalins them choosing to break the story themselves.

I hope the NY Times will still release their story. We might as well hear just how bad it was. In the meantime from TMZ:

Katie Couric in 2012 said Matt Lauer Pinched Me on the Ass a Lot

112917-katie-couric-kal-v2-1080x608.jpeg

Katie Couric straight-up said Matt Lauer pinched her on the ass a lot during their 9-year run on the "Today" show.

Katie appeared on Andy Cohen's "Watch What Happens Live" back in 2012, and during a segment -- Plead the Fifth -- Andy asked about Matt's most annoying habit.

What's interesting ... Katie's answer came and went ... it was hardly picked up by the media. It's interesting ... NBC said no one has complained until this week, yet their longtime co-anchor talked about ass-pinching in 2012 and NBC apparently didn't bat an eye.

As we reported ... Matt was fired for "inappropriate sexual behavior" in a stunning announcement Wednesday. We're told the investigation has been going on for weeks and the New York Times and other media outlets were working on a story about Lauer.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/29/katie-couric-today-show-matt-lauer-sexual-harassment-allegations/

Reactions: carlpsmom
I hope the NY Times will still release their story. We might as well hear just how bad it was. In the meantime from TMZ:

Katie Couric in 2012 said Matt Lauer Pinched Me on the Ass a Lot

112917-katie-couric-kal-v2-1080x608.jpeg

Katie Couric straight-up said Matt Lauer pinched her on the ass a lot during their 9-year run on the "Today" show.

Katie appeared on Andy Cohen's "Watch What Happens Live" back in 2012, and during a segment -- Plead the Fifth -- Andy asked about Matt's most annoying habit.

What's interesting ... Katie's answer came and went ... it was hardly picked up by the media. It's interesting ... NBC said no one has complained until this week, yet their longtime co-anchor talked about ass-pinching in 2012 and NBC apparently didn't bat an eye.

As we reported ... Matt was fired for "inappropriate sexual behavior" in a stunning announcement Wednesday. We're told the investigation has been going on for weeks and the New York Times and other media outlets were working on a story about Lauer.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/29/katie-couric-today-show-matt-lauer-sexual-harassment-allegations/
she seemed to be friends with him and to think it was funny from what I recall

Reactions: Ceeyahd
she seemed to be friends with him and to think it was funny from what I recall

She may have tolerated it and played along so as to not rock the boat, but it's doubtful she thought it was funny. I mean, even if you are friends with a guy, you don't want him grabbing your butt unless you are having a fling. There's nothing to indicate Matt and Katie ever did.

She may have tolerated it and played along so as to not rock the boat, but it's doubtful she thought it was funny. I mean, even if you are friends with a guy, you don't want him grabbing your butt unless you are having a fling. There's nothing to indicate Matt and Katie ever did.
I'd guess we'd have to ask her but from what I can tell they're friends so even if she didn't necessarily enjoy the pinching, it seems she forgave him. I know a lot of people here don't like Matt Lauer partly do to the Ann Curry business. I wasn't a fan of Ann's for other reasons so I didn't hold that against Matt. Anyway.....another one drops.

I'd guess we'd have to ask her but from what I can tell they're friends so even if she didn't necessarily enjoy the pinching, it seems she forgave him. I know a lot of people here don't like Matt Lauer partly do to the Ann Curry business. I wasn't a fan of Ann's for other reasons so I didn't hold that against Matt. Anyway.....another one drops.

I haven't liked him for years and it has nothing to do with Ann Curry. He gives off the arrogant vibe of being a major a$$hole.

Any guesses about who will be next...?

Katie is a tough woman who has shown repeatedly that she's comfortable standing up for herself rocking the boat in the process. She fought for a nightly news anchoring position, and endured the criticism that came with cracking that glass ceiling. She's fought for the pay she deserves. She's not a shrinking violet when it comes for standing up for herself. So I think that if she had issues with any behavior from Matt, she'd likely stand up for herself. I think there's a strong indicator that she did think it was funny, since she cracked a joke about it. I think if she had an issue with Matt, she'd go to HR or her boss. Instead, she cracked a joke on a late night show where guests are encouraged to drink and joke around. Honestly, from that remark I don't think we can conclude that Matt ever grabbed her butt - sometimes people make jokes about things that didn't happen.