Matt Lauer released for inappropriate behavior

1. they are dropping like flies. Everybody coming out the woodwork

NBC News Chairman Andrew Lack said in a memo to employees that the complaint, which was made by a colleague of Lauer's, prompted a serious review and represented a "clear violation of our company's standards."

Lack said it was the first complaint lodged against Lauer, 59, for his behavior since he took over as anchor of the show in 1997, but there was "reason to believe" it wasn't an isolated incident.

"Our highest priority is to create a workplace environment where everyone feels safe and protected, and to ensure that any actions that run counter to our core values are met with consequences, no matter who the offender," Lack said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/storyline/harvey-weinstein-scandal/nbc-news-fires-today-anchor-matt-lauer-after-sexual-misconduct-n824831/amp

kkfiregirl, uhpharm01 and Esizzle like this.
  2. There were always rumors that Matt Lauer was a sleaze. Good move NBC

3. #3 Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
    I couldn't be happier to read this. He projects sleaziness and there are tons of stories and rumors to support that theory.

Bet Ann Curry is :drinks::yahoo::lol:

4. Finally

5. Kind of shocked it took so long for him to go down tbh.

6. #6 Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Wow I had no idea he is an abuser. Good thing he's gone now.

7. I didn't expect this necessarily, but I've never liked him.

8. NBC is so full of crap. This is all about damage control. The New York Times has been investigating Matt for weeks and was about to break the story of Matt sexually assaulting a female staffer during the 2016 Olympics. If NBC News wanted to be seen as being sensitive to inappropriate behavior THEY should have been the ones investigating it.

9. Good riddance. Yay for karma!

Freckles1 and MochaJen like this.
  10. There was some talk a few years ago about him and Natalie Morales having an affair that ended with her being moved to LA to host Access Hollywood. Wonder if it was true

Tivo likes this.
  11. CourtneyMc22 and Yoshi1296 like this.
  12. I really don't like him, good for NBC letting him go!

13. All I have is one word for you Matt
    Karma!!:yahoo:

Prufrock613 likes this.
  14. I really feel sorry for the rest of the Today Show team that had to go on the air this morning. They had JUST found out about it, were still dealing with their own reactions, and then had to go on the air, talk about it, and act normal. I understand why it happened that way - NBC wanted to be the one to break the news, and they couldn't sit on it too long because the NY Times was sniffing around. But from an HR perspective, it's a terrible thing to put Savannah, Hoda and Al through and then expect them to pick up the pieces and put the show back together.

15. just a week or so ago the cbs people had the same scenario with Charlie Rose. One thing I noticed this morning - Savanah said they just heard about it moments before going on air; then Hoda said they heard about it at the break of dawn. Maybe Hoda heard first since she had to come sit in for him.
    I wonder what he did. And when will this end or slow down. Seems every day someone is losing their job.