Massaccesi Handbags

More pictures! Lead Africa Theia Midi with light gunmetal hardware and purple lining (modified to exclude the half moon styling on the exterior), and purple Africa Selene Zip Midi with dark gunmetal hardware and sage lining.

View attachment 4787288

View attachment 4787289

View attachment 4787290

View attachment 4787291

View attachment 4787292
Wow and wow and wow. These are gorgeous. I have always loved Africa lead one of my all time favorite Africa leather. It is such a subtle metallic and it has a chameleon like quality it definitely changes in different light. Stunning. Then the purple Africa it is such a lovely shade of purple. I am a sucker for metallics and MM Africa is my all time favorite. My taste has definitely changed I never used to have any metallic bags and now I have lots of MM metallic bags. They are so versatile.

I am SUPER excited...!! I received a white box from Italy today, with -
- Theia Midi in lead Africa
- Selene Zip Midi in purple Africa
- Saturn Wallet in crimson red Fiore

I don't have images of the other two bags yet but let me tell you - the Saturn Wallet is delicious in Fiore leather. It's nice and smushy but according to Marco should be able to take the abuse that wallets often go through - being touched, stuffed into bags, etc. The grain of the leather goes really nicely with the design, though obviously the "curve" on the front of the wallet isn't as prominent as it would be with a smoother leather like Nappa or Pompei. However, the leather and the crimson red color are utterly gorgeous!

View attachment 4787035

I wanted this wallet to have a more luxurious feel so Marco suggested black lambskin for the interior lining. It was perfect and exactly what I was looking for, and in my hands it feels exactly like I would hope for a beautiful wallet to feel like. I also like the lambskin more for longevity and hopefully it shouldn't show wear as easily as cloth will/would.

I requested a button closure instead of a zip closure for the pocket on the other side. Marco worked really hard on this aspect and again, it turned out perfectly and exactly as I imagined / hoped.

View attachment 4787039

This is not by any means a "compact" wallet - I would categorize it more as a medium or even large-sized wallet. I don't have my passport on hand but I do believe I could comfortably fit my passport into this wallet if needed. For this size of wallet, I like how spacious the interior is - plenty of room for essential cards and the pocket could fit coins as well as receipts, and it's not hard to see what's inside the pocket at all, and aside from that it could also hold other things like a train ticket, a small brochure or pamphlet, etc.

This would never replace a compact wallet for me (I currently use a combination of an Hermes Silk'In Compact Wallet + Hermes Calvi Card Holder) but I could definitely see myself using this instead of a continental wallet for situations when I need space more for "other things" rather than cards or receipts/tickets/papers.

In the hand, it doesn't feel quite as "compact" as my continental wallet from Celine - however, the interior and the feeling/sound of the zipper closure are fantastic. I'm not a connoisseur of wallets by any measure but I am quite in love with this wallet and how it turned out!

Some additional pictures for size comparison. The Clipper card pictured is the same size as a credit card, and the card holder pictured is my Hermes Calvi card holder. I also have a picture with my hand, and for what it's worth I have small-ish but not tiny hands.

View attachment 4787037

View attachment 4787038

View attachment 4787040
Gorgeous wallet love the color and the lining. Amazing. Enjoy.

Reactions: ohmisseevee
How long does it usually take is a bag is shipped USPS? My bag shipped on June 29 arrived on July 8. 9 days. But the bag shipped July 1 (only two days later) still hasn't even left Italy. No updates at all since July 1st, two weeks ago - 14 days. Worried the Italian Post has lost my bag...

How long does it usually take is a bag is shipped USPS? My bag shipped on June 29 arrived on July 8. 9 days. But the bag shipped July 1 (only two days later) still hasn't even left Italy. No updates at all since July 1st, two weeks ago - 14 days. Worried the Italian Post has lost my bag...
Wow, that was pretty fast for the June 29 shipment! In my experience, it usually takes 2-3 weeks. But I live on the east coast; if you're further away, maybe it would take a little longer.

This straw Soulmate Midi is a fun, easy summer bag to wear with a sundress and sandals. The color is a soft, muted orange that reminds me of that ice cream treat, the Nestle orange Pushup Pop, but a shade darker.
View attachment 4788342
M
I'm also part of the group of recent shipments. Here is an orange straw and natural cuoio toscano Soulmate Midi with light gold HW and tortilla lining. Tortilla is an elegant color. The straw is the best quality one I’ve seen so far. The straw is tightly woven and surprisingly soft, for straw.
View attachment 4787099

View attachment 4787100

View attachment 4787101
Marco must be making good progress with the back log of work - I was not expecting to see any of the Straw orders so soon!

I am SUPER excited...!! I received a white box from Italy today, with -
- Theia Midi in lead Africa
- Selene Zip Midi in purple Africa
- Saturn Wallet in crimson red Fiore

I don't have images of the other two bags yet but let me tell you - the Saturn Wallet is delicious in Fiore leather. It's nice and smushy but according to Marco should be able to take the abuse that wallets often go through - being touched, stuffed into bags, etc. The grain of the leather goes really nicely with the design, though obviously the "curve" on the front of the wallet isn't as prominent as it would be with a smoother leather like Nappa or Pompei. However, the leather and the crimson red color are utterly gorgeous!

View attachment 4787035

I wanted this wallet to have a more luxurious feel so Marco suggested black lambskin for the interior lining. It was perfect and exactly what I was looking for, and in my hands it feels exactly like I would hope for a beautiful wallet to feel like. I also like the lambskin more for longevity and hopefully it shouldn't show wear as easily as cloth will/would.

I requested a button closure instead of a zip closure for the pocket on the other side. Marco worked really hard on this aspect and again, it turned out perfectly and exactly as I imagined / hoped.

View attachment 4787039

This is not by any means a "compact" wallet - I would categorize it more as a medium or even large-sized wallet. I don't have my passport on hand but I do believe I could comfortably fit my passport into this wallet if needed. For this size of wallet, I like how spacious the interior is - plenty of room for essential cards and the pocket could fit coins as well as receipts, and it's not hard to see what's inside the pocket at all, and aside from that it could also hold other things like a train ticket, a small brochure or pamphlet, etc.

This would never replace a compact wallet for me (I currently use a combination of an Hermes Silk'In Compact Wallet + Hermes Calvi Card Holder) but I could definitely see myself using this instead of a continental wallet for situations when I need space more for "other things" rather than cards or receipts/tickets/papers.

In the hand, it doesn't feel quite as "compact" as my continental wallet from Celine - however, the interior and the feeling/sound of the zipper closure are fantastic. I'm not a connoisseur of wallets by any measure but I am quite in love with this wallet and how it turned out!

Some additional pictures for size comparison. The Clipper card pictured is the same size as a credit card, and the card holder pictured is my Hermes Calvi card holder. I also have a picture with my hand, and for what it's worth I have small-ish but not tiny hands.

View attachment 4787037

View attachment 4787038

View attachment 4787040
That is really nice! Not everyone has a truly designer wallet, lol.

Reactions: jbags07
I'm also part of the group of recent shipments. Here is an orange straw and natural cuoio toscano Soulmate Midi with light gold HW and tortilla lining. Tortilla is an elegant color. The straw is the best quality one I’ve seen so far. The straw is tightly woven and surprisingly soft, for straw.
View attachment 4787099

View attachment 4787100

View attachment 4787101
This makes me wish I had jumped on the straw wagon for sure. I have loved the tortilla lining since it came out.
Not my usual mod shot...this is an outfit for another day (with black heels, not pictured, I forgot to include).
View attachment 4787107
Wow you are going to be styling in that outfit. Gorgeous.

Reactions: tenKrat
Reactions: ohmisseevee
I love the Theia without the half moon! It gives it such a clean look! :biggrin:
So do I. I really like it without the half moon. Totally different looking and what is not to love about Africa lead leather. Gorgeous.
Wow and wow and wow. These are gorgeous. I have always loved Africa lead one of my all time favorite Africa leather. It is such a subtle metallic and it has a chameleon like quality it definitely changes in different light. Stunning. Then the purple Africa it is such a lovely shade of purple. I am a sucker for metallics and MM Africa is my all time favorite. My taste has definitely changed I never used to have any metallic bags and now I have lots of MM metallic bags. They are so versatile.

I too love the clean look of the Theia Midi without the half moon. I don't dislike it with that detail, but I think without is definitely my aesthetic and matches my style better.

I am SO glad I decided to get a larger bag in the lead metallic - it's got a great chameleon-like quality as you say.

I thought I would be content with the Stella, but the Stella is just not an everyday bag and the Theia Midi is very understated but so incredibly functional! I love the hardware and the side details, and it is overall such a thoughtfully-designed bag. I am actually carrying it today!

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200715093232454_COVER_2.jpg

Very beautiful wallet. that color is stunning and I love the black lambskin interior. Thank you for all of the size comparisons.
That is really nice! Not everyone has a truly designer wallet, lol.

Thank you ladies! I love carrying around my continental wallet from Celine (it's just a beautiful wallet, but also I cherish it quite a bit because I got it during my first trip to Italy) but there are times when it is really helpful to have something slightly larger/more spacious to hold things - mainly when I am traveling, typically shorter trips to see friends in the domestic US. I think the Saturn Wallet will make a great substitute and the bright red will be a lot of fun to look at inside a bag!