Massaccesi Handbags

It depends on the bag(s) that I'm carrying, but so far I've used my Little Penelope as a loose cardholder, a carrier for chapstick/lipstick and a compact mirror, and a keyholder. I'm also currently using one of them to carry USB cables for my new mechanical keyboard, though I'm not sure if I'll stick with that solution as I have a case coming in soon for it. They are quite handy!

Thanks! They do seem quite handy - I'm excited to get one!

I am SUPER excited...!! I received a white box from Italy today, with -
- Theia Midi in lead Africa
- Selene Zip Midi in purple Africa
- Saturn Wallet in crimson red Fiore

I don't have images of the other two bags yet but let me tell you - the Saturn Wallet is delicious in Fiore leather. It's nice and smushy but according to Marco should be able to take the abuse that wallets often go through - being touched, stuffed into bags, etc. The grain of the leather goes really nicely with the design, though obviously the "curve" on the front of the wallet isn't as prominent as it would be with a smoother leather like Nappa or Pompei. However, the leather and the crimson red color are utterly gorgeous!

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200713124524686_COVER.jpg

I wanted this wallet to have a more luxurious feel so Marco suggested black lambskin for the interior lining. It was perfect and exactly what I was looking for, and in my hands it feels exactly like I would hope for a beautiful wallet to feel like. I also like the lambskin more for longevity and hopefully it shouldn't show wear as easily as cloth will/would.

I requested a button closure instead of a zip closure for the pocket on the other side. Marco worked really hard on this aspect and again, it turned out perfectly and exactly as I imagined / hoped.

IMG_20200713_124502.jpg

This is not by any means a "compact" wallet - I would categorize it more as a medium or even large-sized wallet. I don't have my passport on hand but I do believe I could comfortably fit my passport into this wallet if needed. For this size of wallet, I like how spacious the interior is - plenty of room for essential cards and the pocket could fit coins as well as receipts, and it's not hard to see what's inside the pocket at all, and aside from that it could also hold other things like a train ticket, a small brochure or pamphlet, etc.

This would never replace a compact wallet for me (I currently use a combination of an Hermes Silk'In Compact Wallet + Hermes Calvi Card Holder) but I could definitely see myself using this instead of a continental wallet for situations when I need space more for "other things" rather than cards or receipts/tickets/papers.

In the hand, it doesn't feel quite as "compact" as my continental wallet from Celine - however, the interior and the feeling/sound of the zipper closure are fantastic. I'm not a connoisseur of wallets by any measure but I am quite in love with this wallet and how it turned out!

Some additional pictures for size comparison. The Clipper card pictured is the same size as a credit card, and the card holder pictured is my Hermes Calvi card holder. I also have a picture with my hand, and for what it's worth I have small-ish but not tiny hands.

IMG_20200713_124301.jpg

IMG_20200713_124405.jpg

IMG_20200713_124646.jpg

Last edited:

I don't have images of the other two bags yet but let me tell you - the Saturn Wallet is delicious in Fiore leather. It's nice and smushy but according to Marco should be able to take the abuse that wallets often go through - being touched, stuffed into bags, etc. The grain of the leather goes really nicely with the design, though obviously the "curve" on the front of the wallet isn't as prominent as it would be with a smoother leather like Nappa or Pompei. However, the leather and the crimson red color are utterly gorgeous!

View attachment 4787035

I wanted this wallet to have a more luxurious feel so Marco suggested black lambskin for the interior lining. It was perfect and exactly what I was looking for, and in my hands it feels exactly like I would hope for a beautiful wallet to feel like. I also like the lambskin more for longevity and hopefully it shouldn't show wear as easily as cloth will/would.

I requested a button closure instead of a zip closure for the pocket on the other side. Marco worked really hard on this aspect and again, it turned out perfectly and exactly as I imagined / hoped.

View attachment 4787039

This is not by any means a "compact" wallet - I would categorize it more as a medium or even large-sized wallet. I don't have my passport on hand but I do believe I could comfortably fit my passport into this wallet if needed. For this size of wallet, I like how spacious the interior is - plenty of room for essential cards and the pocket could fit coins as well as receipts, and it's not hard to see what's inside the pocket at all, and aside from that it could also hold other things like a train ticket, a small brochure or pamphlet, etc.

This would never replace a compact wallet for me (I currently use a combination of an Hermes Silk'In Compact Wallet + Hermes Calvi Card Holder) but I could definitely see myself using this instead of a continental wallet for situations when I need space more for "other things" rather than cards or receipts/tickets/papers.

In the hand, it doesn't feel quite as "compact" as my continental wallet from Celine - however, the interior and the feeling/sound of the zipper closure are fantastic. I'm not a connoisseur of wallets by any measure but I am quite in love with this wallet and how it turned out!

Some additional pictures for size comparison. The Clipper card pictured is the same size as a credit card, and the card holder pictured is my Hermes Calvi card holder. I also have a picture with my hand, and for what it's worth I have small-ish but not tiny hands.

View attachment 4787037

View attachment 4787038

View attachment 4787040
Very beautiful wallet. that color is stunning and I love the black lambskin interior. Thank you for all of the size comparisons.

My new Selene Midi in the red and blue tweed came today. I love the black Nappa and dark gunmetal with it, and the red interior. I'm so glad I ordered a second bag in this leather. I love it so much. I am also glad I went with the red and blue instead of getting a second bag in the black and white tweed. It is such a unique leather. Here are a couple pictures of my new bag and one with my Little Minerva. View attachment 4786804View attachment 4786806View attachment 4786805
What a beautiful Selene Midi! So is your Little Minerva. :smile:

The other handbag in my white box—a Modena Midi (original long shoulder strap version) in dark grey Croco and medium grey Verona. Light gunmetal HW and dark grey lining. I added an exterior back flat pocket.

This bag is light on the shoulders and easy to carry. The double straps stay put on my shoulders, which are broad. I like this style a lot.
B3551271-DE86-46E7-B025-3DF1695B1F26.jpeg
F3722095-4E69-4D6D-AB82-122B8DBA686A.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm also part of the group of recent shipments. Here is an orange straw and natural cuoio toscano Soulmate Midi with light gold HW and tortilla lining. Tortilla is an elegant color. The straw is the best quality one I’ve seen so far. The straw is tightly woven and surprisingly soft, for straw.
View attachment 4787099

View attachment 4787100

View attachment 4787101
The other handbag in my white box—a Modena Midi (original long shoulder strap version) in dark grey Croco and medium grey Verona. Light gunmetal HW and dark grey lining. I added an exterior back flat pocket.

This bag is light on the shoulders and easy to carry. The double straps stay put on my shoulders, which are broad. I like this style a lot.
View attachment 4787103
View attachment 4787105
Not my usual mod shot...this is an outfit for another day (with black heels, not pictured, I forgot to include).
View attachment 4787107
I love your new bags, and really appreciate how you coordinate them head to toe with your outfits and shoes. What a fun and hip match between your modena and your dress.

View attachment 4787035

View attachment 4787039

View attachment 4787037

View attachment 4787038

View attachment 4787040

Gorgeous wallet! The lambskin lining looks so luxe! Does it also have a compartment for bills? I feel like that's a silly question, but I'm also not sure I see one.

I'm also part of the group of recent shipments. Here is an orange straw and natural cuoio toscano Soulmate Midi with light gold HW and tortilla lining. Tortilla is an elegant color. The straw is the best quality one I’ve seen so far. The straw is tightly woven and surprisingly soft, for straw.
View attachment 4787099

View attachment 4787100

View attachment 4787101

That straw looks beautifully high quality! I'm not someone who can really see myself using a straw bag, but Marco's straw really seems special!

View attachment 4787103
View attachment 4787105
I never would have thought of combining the leather and colors like that, but it looks great! Lovely bag!

Reactions: jbags07 and tenKrat
Just ordered a Penelope in the Bluette Africa and Little Penelope in the Byzantium purple Sorento. I'm still not quite sure what I will use the Little Penelope for, but I really wanted something in this goat leather, and so many here seem to find the Little Penelope useful that I'm hopeful I'll figure it out once I have it in my possession.
I use my Little Penelope for headphones or to store jewelry during travel or when going to the gym (again, remember THOSE activities? lol)

Gorgeous wallet! The lambskin lining looks so luxe! Does it also have a compartment for bills? I feel like that's a silly question, but I'm also not sure I see one.
No bill compartment. I don't typically carry bills around and if I know I will be, I carry my continental wallet so that the bills lie flat without folds. With this one,if I did find myself carrying cash around I would just fold them up and stick then in the pocket on the right side.

My new Selene Midi in the red and blue tweed came today. I love the black Nappa and dark gunmetal with it, and the red interior. I'm so glad I ordered a second bag in this leather. I love it so much. I am also glad I went with the red and blue instead of getting a second bag in the black and white tweed. It is such a unique leather. Here are a couple pictures of my new bag and one with my Little Minerva. View attachment 4786804View attachment 4786806View attachment 4786805
Wow I love this Selene Midi the tweed colors are stunning. Selene midi is a favorite MM tote for me and this is amazing.

Reactions: coach943