Mask Fashion

Question for the petite ladies, i currently use contour shape masks but have interest in a different brand which does the pleated styles instead.

Do you find these can work for you? My current styles have adjustable ear loops which i most definitely need. That said the other brand says to just tie a knot if the mask is to loose.

Question for the petite ladies, i currently use contour shape masks but have interest in a different brand which does the pleated styles instead.

Do you find these can work for you? My current styles have adjustable ear loops which i most definitely need. That said the other brand says to just tie a knot if the mask is to loose.
I think a knot might be uncomfortable behind my ear.

Reactions: RT1

I’m not petite but I find pleated masks much more comfortable to wear because they stay in place when I’m talking instead of sliding down under my nose. You can buy those little plastic strap cincher things on amazon and add them to any mask as long as the straps are thin enough. Also ear savers can tighten up a loose mask. I hate the feeling of straps rubbing on the back of my ears so I tend to wear tie back masks or add ear savers to any ear loop masks.

A friend gave me a piece of wide elastic with 2 buttons on each end, I put the elastic that goes usually over the ear over one of the buttons and the mask then is held in place at the back of the head, works much better because I had bad blisters behind my ears

Reactions: limom and whateve
I think a knot might be uncomfortable behind my ear.

Exactly my concern and since i get migraines and have major sensitive spots i worry even more lol. Since starting wearing masks my migraines have increased heavily.

I’m not petite but I find pleated masks much more comfortable to wear because they stay in place when I’m talking instead of sliding down under my nose. You can buy those little plastic strap cincher things on amazon and add them to any mask as long as the straps are thin enough. Also ear savers can tighten up a loose mask. I hate the feeling of straps rubbing on the back of my ears so I tend to wear tie back masks or add ear savers to any ear loop masks.

Thank you i'll look into that.

A friend gave me a piece of wide elastic with 2 buttons on each end, I put the elastic that goes usually over the ear over one of the buttons and the mask then is held in place at the back of the head, works much better because I had bad blisters behind my ears

Clever. I think i have seen some similar items on Etsy for that! I have pressure points all over the place, i can't wear headbands and hats can even be a problem, some my migraines triggers are about things touching parts of my face & head.

Since it’s mandatory for the kids to wear masks in school, I decided to buy some from Redbubble.com instead of making more. I did ask them to choose the design. Sumikko Gurashi and Final Fantasy

View attachment 4842091

View attachment 4842092

Those are cute!

I am petite but have a high nosebridge. The cone style and origami masks work best for me. I bought cotton versions of both of these on Etsy...am I allowed to post links?

Both have wide, 2-3 layers, adjustable ear loops, and one comes in multiple sizes. The cone style also is not close to my nose so I like having that room psychologically.

I have tried I think literally every style. The pleated masks are too loose on me...they creep up to my eyes so I am constantly adjusting.
The contour style feels too tight on my mouth and I found them really hard to breathe through.

Here’s a photo of mask styles I have tried; the ones on the left don’t fit me well, the ones on the right do:

44B2CD53-876F-429D-B01F-2F8136926668.jpeg

I am petite but have a high nosebridge. The cone style and origami masks work best for me. I bought cotton versions of both of these on Etsy...am I allowed to post links?

Both have wide, 2-3 layers, adjustable ear loops, and one comes in multiple sizes. The cone style also is not close to my nose so I like having that room psychologically.

I have tried I think literally every style. The pleated masks are too loose on me...they creep up to my eyes so I am constantly adjusting.
The contour style feels too tight on my mouth and I found them really hard to breathe through.

Here’s a photo of mask styles I have tried; the ones on the left don’t fit me well, the ones on the right do:

View attachment 4844758
hmmm not sure why I can’t edit my own posts anymore (not sure if a TPF update or Phone OS update issue...), but the etsy sellers are Starest and okaygoshop for the masks above!

View attachment 4844758
I've only tried the two styles on the left, the ones that don't work for you. Now you've got me curious about the other two.

Reactions: LaVisioneer
I've only tried the two styles on the left, the ones that don't work for you. Now you've got me curious about the other two.

I was trying to minimize the number of masks I bought...but it seems like with purses I insist on them matching with my clothing and I’m fussy about their functionality :lol: :biggrin: :no:

Now I think as winter approaches it’s not so bad as I can use them as face masks for keeping warm when the pandemic is eventually over (my nose always gets so cold and my winter face mask fogs up sunglasses so bad!):lol:
I’ve also trying to come up with Halloween costume ideas lol!

These two styles I feel have a better seal around my face and have 2-3 cotton layers, all of which masks studies cite as important for filtering capabilities. I wear these kinds if I need to go inside some place, but I wear the pleated one (since it is looser) if I am walking around outside and might encounter people but can maintain some distance. The cone and origami style still fog up my glasses a little but way less than the other kinds. I feel the material moving slightly as I breathe in and out (I think this means it fits well) but because of the design it feels less smothering than these other two because there is space away from my mouth and nose.

I can only find this one seller on etsy (okgoshop) making the cone style in a very similar way to the n95. The other “cone” designs I see are much closer to the contour style (which works the worst on me personally).

Happy shopping!

Petite… that's me! I have found a Canadian seller on Etsy who sells the pleated-style masks with adjustable ear loops. I find them extremely comfy.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, but her Etsy name is DesignsByNinaWozniak. She has a very wide selection of fabrics is tons of fun prints. And she is a delight to work with.

Reactions: limom
I was trying to minimize the number of masks I bought...but it seems like with purses I insist on them matching with my clothing and I’m fussy about their functionality :lol: :biggrin: :no:

Now I think as winter approaches it’s not so bad as I can use them as face masks for keeping warm when the pandemic is eventually over (my nose always gets so cold and my winter face mask fogs up sunglasses so bad!):lol:

These two styles I feel have a better seal around my face and have 2-3 cotton layers, all of which masks studies cite as important for filtering capabilities. I wear these kinds if I need to go inside some place, but I wear the pleated one (since it is looser) if I am walking around outside and might encounter people but can maintain some distance. The cone and origami style still fog up my glasses a little but way less than the other kinds. I feel the material moving slightly as I breathe in and out (I think this means it fits well) but because of the design it feels less smothering than these other two because there is space away from my mouth and nose.

I can only find this one seller on etsy (okgoshop) making the cone style in a very similar way to the n95. The other “cone” designs I see are much closer to the contour style (which works the worst on me personally).

Happy shopping!

I am having a field day with Batman, Joker and Dr Who masks, throw in the odd goth mask with roses and skulls, if we need to wear them, might as well have some fun with them

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and whateve

Happy shopping!
Thanks! It isn't like I need more masks but you've got me curious.

• Love
Reactions: RT1