Marketplaza Application Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I have applied several times, was a top seller on eBay, I'm established here, but still nothing.

I have a bunch of bags I have to get rid of now, and I'd love to sell them through the M/P. I know I'd feel a lot safer, but it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen. I feel like if my name was Hermeslover1000, Chanellover1000, BottegaVenetalover 1000 I'd be in with a chance, but because I'm only coachlover1000, I have no chance. I seriously do feel like there's a certain amount of snobbery surrounding the M/P, and if you don't fit in to the criteria of the right background, the right bags, the right $$$$ amount, then forget it! I hate to say it, but that's how I feel.

I have a bunch of bags I have to get rid of now, and I'd love to sell them through the M/P. I know I'd feel a lot safer, but it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen. I feel like if my name was Hermeslover1000, Chanellover1000, BottegaVenetalover 1000 I'd be in with a chance, but because I'm only coachlover1000, I have no chance. I seriously do feel like there's a certain amount of snobbery surrounding the M/P, and if you don't fit in to the criteria of the right background, the right bags, the right $$$$ amount, then forget it! I hate to say it, but that's how I feel.

^Thats SOOOOO not true.like not even close!We have a HUGE Coach following area in the MP.Id never judge something i know nothing about.
and this isnt exactly the way to get INTO the MP either..KWIM?!:lol:

^Thats SOOOOO not true.like not even close!We have a HUGE Coach following area in the MP.Id never judge something i know nothing about.
and this isnt exactly the way to get INTO the MP either..KWIM?!:lol:

Yes I kwym. but that's how I feel. I've been with tpf for 2 1/2 years, I have nearly 4,000 posts. I've offered advice, I've made friends. I've contributed to this forum. I've applied to the M/P a couple of times, and I've heard nothing. No confirmation email, nothing. What am I supposed to think? I'm not judging, just saying how I feel. I've seen snobbery on Tpf, and I've seen it not just through regular users, but through mods as well. That's an out and out fact, so if it's going to get me a rejection from the Market place, so be it.

What am I supposed to think? The day I think otherwise is the day I get a message either accepting my app, or turning my app down and explaining why I've been turned down. It's easy for you to say what you did coming from someone that's on the M/P, but I'm not on the M/P, so I've said what I think and feel. If honesty and speaking your mind(and not in a rude way, not being derogatory, etc) is a minus to getting into the marketplace, then you know what? You may as well allow all the scammers on there too, because they are dishonest. If I have to lie and smile to get on the market place then it's not the place I thought it was.

Yes I kwym. but that's how I feel. I've been with tpf for 2 1/2 years, I have nearly 4,000 posts. I've offered advice, I've made friends. I've contributed to this forum. I've applied to the M/P a couple of times, and I've heard nothing. No confirmation email, nothing. What am I supposed to think? I'm not judging, just saying how I feel. I've seen snobbery on Tpf, and I've seen it not just through regular users, but through mods as well. That's an out and out fact, so if it's going to get me a rejection from the Market place, so be it.

What am I supposed to think? The day I think otherwise is the day I get a message either accepting my app, or turning my app down and explaining why I've been turned down. It's easy for you to say what you did coming from someone that's on the M/P, but I'm not on the M/P, so I've said what I think and feel. If honesty and speaking your mind(and not in a rude way, not being derogatory, etc) is a minus to getting into the marketplace, then you know what? You may as well allow all the scammers on there too, because they are dishonest. If I have to lie and smile to get on the market place then it's not the place I thought it was.

There are lots and lots of people on the MP buying and selling Coach bags, and what kind of bags you may or may not have is absolutely not a consideration for admission into the MP. That's a flat-out fact, so if you're looking for facts, you now have one. Here's another one: We have a great business relationship with Coach and work with the brand often, both with the forum and PurseBlog, and would never dream of hurting that relationship by excluding Coach's fans from anything. Period.

And speaking your mind doesn't preclude you from anything. Making baseless and offensive accusations against the people who work hard to make both the forum and the MP a fun and safe place because you haven't gotten your way in the amount of time that you have arbitrarily decided is appropriate will absolutely make the people making the decisions think twice about whether you would be a good, trustworthy, nondramatic buyer and seller once let inside the MP. No one here is looking to make more work for themselves.

We have a lot of members that have been waiting a long time, and the addition of new members to the MP is extremely slow for a variety of reasons. No one has ever, EVER been denied entry because of the type of bags they buy and sell, their financial ability to buy bags, or anything of that nature, and frankly, the accusation is offensive.

I think coachlover was just venting her feelings and not stating anything as fact. I'm sure a lot of apps come in, but she does have a point in that if we aren't getting accepted, a short note as to why would be nice so that it isn't taken so personal. It's a messy thing to exclude people and not say why. The latest comment that " a mod or MP member referral" is the only way in kind of screams favoritism in a way because if we aren't friends with one, we are on the outs. It just looks like a clique, and that can be hurtful to some.

There are lots and lots of people on the MP buying and selling Coach bags, and what kind of bags you may or may not have is absolutely not a consideration for admission into the MP. That's a flat-out fact, so if you're looking for facts, you now have one. Here's another one: We have a great business relationship with Coach and work with the brand often, both with the forum and PurseBlog, and would never dream of hurting that relationship by excluding Coach's fans from anything. Period.

And speaking your mind doesn't preclude you from anything. Making baseless and offensive accusations against the people who work hard to make both the forum and the MP a fun and safe place because you haven't gotten your way in the amount of time that you have arbitrarily decided is appropriate will absolutely make the people making the decisions think twice about whether you would be a good, trustworthy, nondramatic buyer and seller once let inside the MP. No one here is looking to make more work for themselves.

We have a lot of members that have been waiting a long time, and the addition of new members to the MP is extremely slow for a variety of reasons. No one has ever, EVER been denied entry because of the type of bags they buy and sell, their financial ability to buy bags, or anything of that nature, and frankly, the accusation is offensive.

I'm not making accusations. I'm speaking my mind. I haven't at any point turned round and said "the people who take the applications are prejudiced agsinst me because I only have Coach". I have said, I feel like that could be the issue, but because I've had no feedback from the powers that be, I don't know. I've also said I've seen snobbery on Tpf a number of times. That's a fact. I'm not trying to dramatasize anything, I'm just stating what I think. If you think I'm accusing you or anyone else, then you're wrong. Another fact is that the market place is made out to be like an 'elite club,' very exclusive, very hard to get into. What do you class as exclusive? Exacty what I'm talking about.

I have not arbitrarily decided that I should now be on the market place. Please do not put words in my mouth, I'm not speaking for you, kindly don't speak for me. My opinion has been formed by guidelines that have been set, that I've conformed to. I was made to believe that I would at least get a message telling me my application had been received. I haven't ever received any such message. This isn't drama. I'm stating my opinion. I've always been led to believe that I live in a free country, and therefore can speak my mind. That's what I'm doing. I'm not making baseless and offensive accustions against anyone. I'm speaking what I think. If anyone thinks I'm accusing them, they're wrong. Simple as that.

You're a human being. You form your own opinions about things. If someone doesn't agree with you, do you go out and attack them? I would hope not. I'm not out to create dramatics, make enemies, fling accusations. I'm speaking my mind. That's it.

I'm not making accusations. I'm speaking my mind. I haven't at any point turned round and said "the people who take the applications are prejudiced agsinst me because I only have Coach". I have said, I feel like that could be the issue, but because I've had no feedback from the powers that be, I don't know. I've also said I've seen snobbery on Tpf a number of times. That's a fact. I'm not trying to dramatasize anything, I'm just stating what I think. If you think I'm accusing you or anyone else, then you're wrong. Another fact is that the market place is made out to be like an 'elite club,' very exclusive, very hard to get into. What do you class as exclusive? Exacty what I'm talking about.

I have not arbitrarily decided that I should now be on the market place. Please do not put words in my mouth, I'm not speaking for you, kindly don't speak for me. My opinion has been formed by guidelines that have been set, that I've conformed to. I was made to believe that I would at least get a message telling me my application had been received. I haven't ever received any such message. This isn't drama. I'm stating my opinion. I've always been led to believe that I live in a free country, and therefore can speak my mind. That's what I'm doing. I'm not making baseless and offensive accustions against anyone. I'm speaking what I think. If anyone thinks I'm accusing them, they're wrong. Simple as that.

You're a human being. You form your own opinions about things. If someone doesn't agree with you, do you go out and attack them? I would hope not. I'm not out to create dramatics, make enemies, fling accusations. I'm speaking my mind. That's it.

Saying that you "feel like" you've been excluded based on something with no proof or further explanation is indeed an accusation, and it's offensive, to say nothing of rude.

I'm not sure how you were "made to feel like" you'd get some sort of message, because at no point in the history of the MP have we ever promised that any confirmation of receipt would be given. If your application has been sent in, we've received it. Receiving, reviewing and processing the applications is in no way an automated process. It's done by hand and it's extremely time-consuming, which is why no response is given unless it's an accepted application. Sending out a reason why someone hasn't been given access would just open a whole new can of worms for arguments and hurt feelings, and that's not a discussion that we're equipped to handle with the thousands (and there are thousands) of applications that we receive. It's simply not possible, from a functional standpoint.

The MP, as it is now, is not an operation that makes the business any money or gets us any additional traffic whatsoever. Zero. It's simply something we try to provide, even though there's nothing in it for us and it creates a metric ton of extra work. But to actually keep this place up and running for everyone, there are a million other things that have to be tended to, and only a couple of people who can do it. Which is why the MP process is slow and why we can't let more people in than we can manage. It's a numbers game, and the stuff that you expect of us is just not possible. There aren't enough hours in the day.

I'm not sure how many times we can say this. There is no secret plan at play here. Having a mod or admin vouch for you can speed up the process because it helps us figure out who might be sketchy and who might not be, which takes some of the difficulty out of researching to figure out if someone's a scammer who's going to prey on our members. That's the only reason it's faster. There are absolutely zero brand preferences, zero income requirements, zero quotas for how many sellers of each bag type we can have. That doesn't factor into admittance at all, in any way, period.

Good idea, I just adjusted my mailbox to automatically respond to an application with a confirmation.

For a start, the above answer on page one of this thread from the lady herself leads me to believe that I'll get a response. So your point that there never in the history of tpf has there ever been promise of confirmation is wrong, and moot.

Another thing. The saying 'I feel like' is just that, an opinion belonging to a person. It's not an accusation or anything of the sort. You could say, "I feel like going shopping tomorrow, I feel like fish and chips for dinner tonight, I feel like going for a bath, I feel like this...'

When myself and my husband are talking seriously, and he says to me "I feel like you need to listen to what I'm saying, he is not accusing me of anything. He is stating an opinion, and I take it as such. When I say to him "I feel like you need to listen to me" I'm not accusing him of not listening, I'm asking him to pay attention to what I'm saying. "I feel like" in no way implies an accusation. It is an opinion, formulated by the person making the comment. If you see it as an accusation, think of that the next time you use the same comment yourself, as I'm sure you will at some point in the future. Then maybe you'll realize how that makes no sense whatsoever.

For a start, the above answer on page one of this thread from the lady herself leads me to believe that I'll get a response. So your point that there never in the history of tpf has there ever been promise of confirmation is wrong, and moot.

Another thing. The saying 'I feel like' is just that, an opinion belonging to a person. It's not an accusation or anything of the sort. You could say, "I feel like going shopping tomorrow, I feel like fish and chips for dinner tonight, I feel like going for a bath, I feel like this...'

When myself and my husband are talking seriously, and he says to me "I feel like you need to listen to what I'm saying, he is not accusing me of anything. He is stating an opinion, and I take it as such. When I say to him "I feel like you need to listen to me" I'm not accusing him of not listening, I'm asking him to pay attention to what I'm saying. "I feel like" in no way implies an accusation. It is an opinion, formulated by the person making the comment. If you see it as an accusation, think of that the next time you use the same comment yourself, as I'm sure you will at some point in the future. Then maybe you'll realize how that makes no sense whatsoever.

Vlad's not a lady. And only he can speak to whether or not that adjustment was made, I'm not in charge of that email box. My understanding has always been that no confirmation would be given, and the application instructions don't guarantee any sort of confirmation or response. But whether or not you want some auto-formated email isn't the real meat of what we're talking about here.

Saying you "feel like" someone has purposefully done something to you that's harmful or mean-spirited is an accusation. Period. I don't know why you're arguing about this. Using the word "feel" is not a Get Out of Jail Free card for being responsible for the accusations you've made or things you've said. Take ownership. If you think someone's screwing you because the bags you like aren't good enough or something, don't try to use semantics to weasel out of that later.

Vlad's not a lady. And only he can speak to whether or not that adjustment as made, I'm not in charge of that email box. My understanding has always been that no confirmation would be given, and the application instructions don't guarantee any sort of confirmation or response.

And saying you "feel like" someone has purposefully done something to you that's harmful or mean-spirited is an accusation. Period. I don't know why you're arguing about this. Using the word "feel" is not a Get Out of Jail Free card for being responsible for the accusations you've made or things you've said. Take ownership. If you think someone's screwing you because the bags you like aren't good enough or something, doesn't try to use semantics to weasel out of that later.

Quite frankly I think you probably feel rather silly now that you've been proved wrong with something you said. I think you're more angry at that right now. I'm not trying to weasel out of anything. You're not in my mind. You have no idea of what I'm thinking or how I'm thinking. I have no idea why you feel the need to use the term 'get out of jail free' card, it has nothing to do with anything. You didn't like what I wrote, simple as that. You've taken offence at what I wrote, simple as that. Why don't you own that instad of trying to put words into my mouth? It's totally pointless. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.