Marketplaza Application Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I'd love to join. And not even as something whereby I was buying and selling bags all the time, just the occasional purse would be wonderful!

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I totally understand the need to 'vet' people who want to join the marketplace, to keep out the scammers and the sellers of fakes, etc. But I think the process for getting onto the m/p is too generalized for a start, if that makes sense.

You read the guidelines...be a member for X amount of time, have X amount of posts. I think I've got it in the bag as I've totally exceeded these guidelines. Have I? No. Absolutely no way. I've applied a few times now, and heard nothing. Even though you're supposed to get some kind of acknowledgement of your application, each time I've applied, I've received nothing.

Another thing. How can a person be recommended by another tf'r, be they mod or a regular tpf'r, if you can't discuss the 'buying and selling of bags through other tpf'rs'? By this I mean how is it possible for a mod or tpf'r to know that you're trustworthy or honest? They can't know if they aren't allowed to do any kind of transaction, unless that transaction is done off of tpf, and in that case isn't it a double standard? Getting to know people and talking to them through the threads does not mean you or they are automatically trustworthy. So how can you tell the difference? How can the mods tell the difference? It can't be that if someone is a seller on Ebay for example, and they have good feedback that they're in, surely. What if you don't sell on Ebay if that's the case? What if you're not a seller, only a buyer? By that standard then, you don't have a hope of ever joining the mp.

I don't know. I don't understand it, even though it should be pretty easy to understand. It's a shame that because of the dishonesty of some, the whole have to pay the consequences, and not benefit from something that should be a wonderful resource.

Hopefully the mods can come to some kind of happy medium, and the fabled(to me at least!!!) marketplace one day soon becomes accessible to those of us who are honest, and would love to see it and join it's ranks.

Sorry, I know that this is an essay, and I do apologise. Surely scammers etc, who opened up an account here on tpf wouldn't 'stay the distance' in contributing to tpf? Would they really keep on and on posting in threads? Opening new threads? Posting advice? Making friends? Would they be able to keep up with it all? Surely if their interest in the community here was less than wholesome they'd get fed up with having to continually contribute to something that doesn't hold their interest? Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.