Marc Jacobs Stam-Anyone got it?

bobojue said:
Yeah, I think I'll know when I touch it and feel it. Seller told me she has family in Greece and can purchase from employee acc. Plausible??
Does the fact that they offer refunds mean anything really?
Is Final Conclusion NO EBAY ever???????????
If everything goes wrong, this is one EXPENSIVE LESSON!!!!!
Greece?? Is that where she got other bags like fendi spy too? It's problebly more like ioffer to me. I am sorry.. but I have no patience for fakers on ebay who ruin it for honest sellers and since, I've been scammed myself.
Any 1 to 3 day auction with starting bid of .99 is a red flag.. especially for any popular bags. It just doesn't make any sense.. especially, since she has sold other fakes. You have to be realistic. Ebay is full of counterfeit items. The good news is atleast she has a 7 day return policy. Good luck.

maxmara said:
Greece?? Is that where she got other bags like fendi spy too? It's problebly more like ioffer to me. I am sorry.. but I have no patience for fakers on ebay who ruin it for honest sellers and since, I've been scammed myself.
Any 1 to 3 day auction with starting bid of .99 is a red flag.. especially for any popular bags. It just doesn't make any sense.. especially, since she has sold other fakes. You have to be realistic. Ebay is full of counterfeit items. The good news is atleast she has a 7 day return policy. Good luck.

I agree, Maxmara, I've been burned on ebay and elsewhere (SS). I will never buy from other than a reputable store/boutique. It's not worth the aggravation.

Bobojue, make sure you keep all the tags and stuff that comes with it just in case you want to return it. The sellers try to make it as difficult as possible for you to return stuff.

maxmara said:
The bag is not real. Like fayden said, Check out her other fake bags
Did you call MJ in SF? I am sure they ship to canada. Also, you can special order from saks thru their live chat same as NM.
Atleast, you can return it for full refund.

You can always call the SF store like MaxMara said. I shop there often(as i live in SF) and they(the SA's) are all very nice to me and should be accomidating to you. I hope everything works out I would hate to see you stuck with a fake if that is what it turns out to be.

It's been interesting reading this particular thread. I too have been dying to get my hands on a Stam bag ASAP, and have looked, but not bidded on the ones listed on Ebay for the fear that they are fake...especially since I haven't been able to see one in person. Maybe I should break down and just call to be waitlisted.

SuLi, hang in there, I'll know in a couple of days, probrably Wed, since Mon is still a holiday. Don't do anything rash on Ebay! But doesn't hurt to be waitlisted.

maxmara-how do you for sure these are real? My Poupette?

maxmara said:
Suli,
The best way is to call around for the bag at MJ, Barneys or dept store. Since you can exchange or return it, If you change your mind. Right now there are 2 stams that I know is 100% authentic.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-MARC-JACOBS-STAM-BAG-TAUPE-HANDBAG-SOLD-OUT-MPRS_W0QQitemZ5457374055QQcategoryZ15729QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-AUTH-MARC-JACOBS-BAG-CREAM-STAM-SOLD-OUT_W0QQitemZ6833771289QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can waitlist at the MJ store in Boston. Or email NAP they are waitlisting also (but they are only getting three colors...black, ivory, and putty).

If you paid $800 USD, it is a fake. That bag retails for $1200! I know, because I bought one at Neiman Marcus. It sold out so fast, never had the chance to go on sale. I bought the cream in Denver. Then I found another cream one while on vacation at NM Minneapolis, so I listed it in my ebay store. Care to make an offer? Of course, I cannot accept less than I paid for it! Check it out in Le Bag Boutique on ebay. I only sell authentic Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Fendi Spy, etc. ONLY AUTHENTIC. Someone had to give the buyers an option to find the real thing on ebay! Good luck!