Marc Jacobs Stam-Anyone got it?

pursegalsf

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Dec 5, 2005
San Francisco
valerieb said:
I was surprised and pleased to see that a fellow purseblogger bought my Stam. I was so sad listing it and packing it up. Somehow, it makes me feel better knowing it's going to a home where it will be truly appreciated. Most people don't understand how the purse-obsessed feel when parting with a beautiful bag.

And speaking of people not understanding...When I shipped the bag I had to declare the value to get insurance. When I said I needed insurance for $1400, the postal employee (a man) asked what was in the box. I was embarrassed, but truthful. When I told him it was a handbag he practically shouted, "Who buys a $1400 handbag?"

Of course, he was loud enough that everyone in the post office turned to look at me, just in time to see my cheeks turn a vivid red. Obviously, nobody in line could relate. The guy went on and on asking where you find a $1400 bag, what makes it so special (does it have diamonds?), etc. Definitely embarrassing!

After that, I'm so glad I can turn to the purse forum to connect with people who understand what's special about a $1400 bag!
LOL! You should've said " I do!" (proudly). I get that a lot and I hate it! Especially from my boyfriend. He once asked what I would do if he "accidentally" spills something in my bag. I simply responded with "I'd break up with you".... and girls I'm totally serious. If a guy doesn't respect my bag obsession then he's not respecting me as a person. Is that totally insane? At least now he knows (after 2 years he better!), he even browses bags with me (even if it's only for 5 minutes). His favorite designer? Who else? MARC JACOBS *chuckle*

teddys3bears

Dec 12, 2005
San Francisco Bay Area
Men, what do they know about purses anyway???:suspiciou Handbags are to us what fast cars are to men I guess, wouldn't you say? :idea: Either way, it's an obsession!!! :love:

I'm clearing out my closet to make room for more!!!! MJ's Sp06 line is gorgeous!!!!

Greenie

Bag Ho
Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta
teddys3bears said:
Men, what do they know about purses anyway???:suspiciou Handbags are to us what fast cars are to men I guess, wouldn't you say? :idea: Either way, it's an obsession!!! :love:

I'm clearing out my closet to make room for more!!!! MJ's Sp06 line is gorgeous!!!!
Congrats on the stam! You're going to love it! That putty is gorgeous!

valerieb

I want them all!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
teddys3bears said:

I agree about fast cars and men--that's something I just don't get, especially since there's so much traffic on the roads you're lucky to even go 65! Also agree about MJ's spring line which has at least 3 more bags I want. So many bags...not enough $$$ to buy them. I better buy a lotto ticket!

missbaggy

Sep 29, 2009
Hi ALL, I'm all envious.... if anyone of you ******buying and selling here is against our rules, and is a bannable offense. Read the PF rules prior to posting!!!*******know...I saw some member with like tons of stams....wow....can't believe my eyes when she posted the link to her MJ collections....

I've been trying hard to scour the eBay listings for a gem but so far only fakes it seems...know of any honest sellers to look out for?

Don't know when I can own one but waiting patiently....thx so much for sharing all your MJs here...

Last edited by a moderator:

missbaggy

Sep 29, 2009
Hi ALL, I'm all envious.... if anyone of you ******buying and selling here is against our rules, and is a bannable offense. Read the PF rules prior to posting!!!*******know...I saw some member with like tons of stams....wow....can't believe my eyes when she posted the link to her MJ collections....

I've been trying hard to scour the eBay listings for a gem but so far only fakes it seems...know of any honest sellers to look out for?

Don't know when I can own one but waiting patiently....thx so much for sharing all your MJs here...

OOPS so v sorry.....didn't mean to buy or sell...just wanted some sources..thx