Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
this might be a silly question, but do you think hermes cares about milestone birthdays?

i'm turning 30 later this month and my prespend ratio is about 2:1 for a B25 after beginning my journey in February. i already dropped by the boutique this week and my SA didn't mention my birthday or a QB. last month, she told me a b30 may be doable but a b25 would "take some time" for me.

given the vagueness of the conversation, is it worthwhile to book a shopping appointment with her on the day of my actual birthday? on one hand, i would like to treat myself to something nice at hermes for my birthday, but on the other hand, i'm not sure if my SA would feel awkward if i come in on my birthday, ask about a QB, and she has to refuse me lol.
Happy upcoming birthday! I do not think they would have a bag for you just because you dropped in. I think you are getting some points for the birthday but your SA will need to work on making it happen. I think it is worth reiterating that your round birthday is coming up. Is there a significant other who can reach out to your sales person looking for a present for you?

worthwhile to book a shopping appointment with her on the day of my actual birthday? on one hand, i would like to treat myself to something nice at hermes for my birthday, but on the other hand, i'm not sure if my SA would feel awkward if i come in on my birthday, ask about a QB, and she has to refuse me lol.
IMO, no, not worth it. I say this bc it appears from the quote above that you equate something nice with a QB. Your SA has already been up front that a B25 is not yet on the horizon. Happy birthday, and I hope you find another way to enjoy your special day. I also think that if you started in February and your prespend is 2X, there may also be an issue of not enough time as a client (in other words, there are probably clients with higher spend and longer tenure who have not yet received their bags. JMO

If you turn down a QB offer, how does that impact your SA relationship/future offers? The bag is in the colour family I am seeking, but I am not sure it will be the right shade. It is a great neutral that I know I could wear with a number of things and if it was my second or third bag I would definitely take it, but it is my first QB. It is the exact hardware and bag size/style so I am torn.

I plan to see it in person first, then decide, as I may love it once I see it, but any perspective would be helpful.

If you turn down a QB offer, how does that impact your SA relationship/future offers? The bag is in the colour family I am seeking, but I am not sure it will be the right shade. It is a great neutral that I know I could wear with a number of things and if it was my second or third bag I would definitely take it, but it is my first QB. It is the exact hardware and bag size/style so I am torn.

I plan to see it in person first, then decide, as I may love it once I see it, but any perspective would be helpful.
Usually turning down an offer won't hurt your relationship at all...unless the offer is exactly what you asked for, which it sounds like it is in this case. If you find yourself being really picky about the exact shade, then I would strive to make my wishlist only contain the exact shades I am willing to accept (or call out exact exclusions "any neutral except Etoupe" for example). Your SA may find you to be difficult if they provide what you asked for and you still refuse. This isn't to say you should buy something you don't want but, fair or not, there could be consequences for asking for something and then refusing. Good luck deciding. I'm guessing you'll love it in person!

I honestly think it depends to the specs you requested. What did you ask for and how is this bag different?

Usually turning down an offer won't hurt your relationship at all...unless the offer is exactly what you asked for, which it sounds like it is in this case. If you find yourself being really picky about the exact shade, then I would strive to make my wishlist only contain the exact shades I am willing to accept (or call out exact exclusions "any neutral except Etoupe" for example). Your SA may find you to be difficult if they provide what you asked for and you still refuse. This isn't to say you should buy something you don't want but, fair or not, there could be consequences for asking for something and then refusing. Good luck deciding. I'm guessing you'll love it in person!
Thank you. I appreciate the detailed perspective. I was definitely not specific enough.

Reactions: acrowcounted

a decent SA will respect that you are being discriminating in your purchasing
and not take anything that's offered so that you can just be an owner of a Birkin or Kelly

Provided the offered bag is not exactly what you asked for, declining it will give you the opportunity to be even more clear about your desired specs. As many wiser members of the forum have noted, declining a bag simply leads to better offers in the future as your SA has a better sense of your taste.

I was not specific enough. I asked for a colour shade (for example, blue) and it’s in that family.
Well, considering you gave your SA a color family and you were offered something in that family, it sounds like it is close to what you asked for. I think seeing it in person will def help you decide! Good luck and keep us posted ❤️

Reactions: step2005
I was not specific enough. I asked for a colour shade (for example, blue) and it’s in that family.
If you do decline it use it as an opportunity to be more specific about what you want (ie light or dark similar to color x and z, no green undertones etc…). I think you should go see it though if you can and deliver the message in person.

You are receiving great advice. Just adding that if you love and see yourself wearing in near future, to take it now and not wait for it as a 2nd or 3rd offer. My SA says it's hard to fulfill wishes in specific order.

Last edited:
this might be a silly question, but do you think hermes cares about milestone birthdays?

i'm turning 30 later this month and my prespend ratio is about 2:1 for a B25 after beginning my journey in February. i already dropped by the boutique this week and my SA didn't mention my birthday or a QB. last month, she told me a b30 may be doable but a b25 would "take some time" for me.

given the vagueness of the conversation, is it worthwhile to book a shopping appointment with her on the day of my actual birthday? on one hand, i would like to treat myself to something nice at hermes for my birthday, but on the other hand, i'm not sure if my SA would feel awkward if i come in on my birthday, ask about a QB, and she has to refuse me lol.
I had a special occasion and also wanted to buy myself something memorable from H. I knew there was no way my SA would bring me a BKC just because I had a "special day". I just treated it as a normal appointment and still have sweet memories every time I wear that piece of FJ I bought to mark an important day in my life.
We tested "Looking for something special" scenario with my partner at FSH and it did give me a walk-in leather appointment, but no QB offer, only Verrou/Picoton/Evelyn were available for me. In sum, to avoid that bittersweet feeling, I would agree with the above posters that it is better to treat your birthday appointment as a regular one and have no expectations that your SA would offer you a QB. This makes shopping more enjoyable :smile: