Main reason for selling your Chanel bag?

Wow..this is a thought provoking thread! I sell my bags for all of the reasons stated by the ladies above. (funding, don't work on me, too similar to another bag I have, no more room in the closet...my would want me to put the 'no room' one on the list).

The interesting thing is even if I know I won't wear a bag agian, I still have that last moment of regret before it goes out the door...

I am have some 'purge' thoughts now....too many bags, too little time! And I did see that little fur dinner bag in my local Chanel today. hmmmmmm...

And much happiness on your wedding....and thanks to your fiance for what he has given to all of us!

first of all, congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

i've sold 2 of my chanel bags to fund something else. i sold my pink cambon tote to buy a white e/w flap. and i just recently sold a black lambskin flap to help fund a massai. i originally wanted to sell of my lilac 06 city (bbag), but decided that i love it too much and sold the chanel flap instead.

I have sold bags when I was in HK to Milan Station because I didn't use them anymore but I have never sold a Chanel. I think I would do so only if there was a financial need.

In the past I never think to sell any of my bags but lately I do some and I do missed them :smile: . Anyway, I always bought bags with passion. I never think of use much. Some bags are sitting in my closet and I never take them out.

Aww, congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! :girlsigh:

Hmm, I haven't sold too many Chanel bags, just two, and the reason in each case was that I simply didn't use the bag (and they were definitely NOT classic flaps or reissues!)... I have no problem finding gorgeous replacements though hehe, and the $$ made from the bags I've sold only helps. :love: ;)

if i were to sell, it'd be for the same reason as to why i've sold my other bags before.. i got bored of them and simply needed new ones..! but then, those were other brands... i cant say the same for chanel...

for now, at least..

*chuckles*

I don't own many Chanel bags and those I have were carefully acquired -except one- so that I won't get easily bored of them and have to sell them;
main factor in getting them was to love the style/leather/colour but since I love the classic flaps that was quite easy! so I don't plan to sell them neither have I sold any bags of other brands even if I don't use them so often now cause I still love them too lol! :yes:
Congrats on your upcoming wedding !:flowers:

Well to fund a wedding dress is just the prefect reason to sell a Chanel and the great thing about Chanel is that they really maintain their value.

I might sell one if it was not that comfortable and I did not use it. Hence I keep all boxes and receipts etc, just in case. Also some Chanel are rare and just grow in value so they can be like having money in the bank if you ever need or want to withdraw.

I would sell a bag that I wasn't in love with (whether CHANEL or another brand) and use the sale proceeds to offset the purchase of another bag that I love. At the moment I'm considering doing exactly that. I have a Jimmy Choo bag that I have only used twice and don't like at all (a $1500 purchase) and two Gucci bags ($3,500) bought last year which I carried lesss than 5 times. I am over those brands and I am considering selling them to offset the 8 or so CHANEL bags that I purchased this year.

I am the same- but now I will only buy Chanel peices that I am 100% sure of and have done my research here. I will no longer buy on impulse- because I usually regret it and end up selling it at a loss :tdown:

Me too!
I sell to upgrade or fund other bag purchases. But now I definitely do my research first!