Magic Mike

I agree the script was lacking but it was a fun movie. I wish there was more dancing, I feel like I saw most of the scenes during the previews. But it definitely was nice seeing it all on the big screen:graucho:

Holy Mother of God Channing Tatum can dance like that for me ANYTIME!!!

That said I was kind of disappointed. Not nearly enough dancing, I left thinking that Matthew McConaughey is too old to be having a role like this in HD as well as wondering if he was gay or his character was just supposed to come across with questionable sexuality. I love him but dang now I am feeling old! I didn't appreciate some of the artsy, weird angles during some of the scenes either. It's a movie about male strippers, not some deep contemplation on the meaning of life. It was a fun time and worth my $9 but I am not sure I will be buying it on DVD. It was a lot more funny than I thought it was going to be as well.

Cody Horn is the actress who played the kid's sister. I looked her up on IMDb. She has a very limited resume and it notes that she is:

Daughter of Warner Bros. President & COO Alan F. Horn.

That answers some questions for me.

I think most were disappointed because the film was advertised like it was going to be a 2 hour romp full of dancing, stripping (like a fluffy chick flick.) However, this is a Soderbergh film and I personally liked that he chose to take the plot in sort of "a day in the life" (this type of film making can be boring depending on the person watching. The film "Shame" falls in that same category.)

I really enjoyed this film. I'm a film major so my opinion is swayed by many different elements.

And Channing. Dear Lord. His booty pop. Like, what? So hot.

Cody Horn is the actress who played the kid's sister. I looked her up on IMDb. She has a very limited resume and it notes that she is:

Daughter of Warner Bros. President & COO Alan F. Horn.

That answers some questions for me.

She seriously comes from the Kristen Stewert school of acting. I don't know if she was directed to act that way, but Channing was giving it his all and she was just bad.

I think most were disappointed because the film was advertised like it was going to be a 2 hour romp full of dancing, stripping (like a fluffy chick flick.) However, this is a Soderbergh film and I personally liked that he chose to take the plot in sort of "a day in the life" (this type of film making can be boring depending on the person watching. The film "Shame" falls in that same category.)

I really enjoyed this film. I'm a film major so my opinion is swayed by many different elements.

And Channing. Dear Lord. His booty pop. Like, what? So hot.

I liked it too- unlike most people, somehow this escaped my radar until last week, and when my girlfriend asked me to go with her, I was expecting some ridiculous chick flick type movie. It was refreshingly not so, though- I really appreciated the plot not being a stereotypical stripper-men-are-hot-with-no-depth thing. And I wasn't so much a Channing Tatum fan before....but good god that man is beautiful up close...