Mademoiselle Longchamp reveal!

Hi all,
It's my first post ever on this forum, have been reading for some time now as I'm considering purchasing my first serious bag :smile: I saw today this beauty and I can't get it out of my head. Doesn't it remind you of the LV pochette metis a little?

I have 2 questions for you more experienced folks out there or the ones that already managed to snag theirs (Congrats!)
- I noticed on the pics above - the girl with flowy dress the flab of the bag is wringking and creasing. Does it happen to yours as well? I'm wondering if it will not be a problem as the bag ages...
- It is quite bulky at the bottom - does it lay nicely on your hip when you are wearing it corssbody?

Would appreciate any advice or input you can provide :smile:

Hi and welcome! :wave:

To answer your questions, yes the flap of the bag does bend and fold in a little when carried. The leather on the bag is soft, not rigid but not super slouchy either. The flap and the sides do move around and slouch a bit but overall the bag maintains its structure.

Secondly, yes although it's a wide bag I think it does sit nicely on the hip. Check out the excellent modeling pics posted by @catsinthebag -- Got my Mademoiselle bag today!

I got my Mademoiselle bag in brown? Cognac? I had my doubts about that short strap not being adjustable... at least it doesn't look like it does. But I have decided to start using it today. [emoji4]

Congrats on your cognac Mademoiselle! :woohoo: No I don't think the short strap is adjustable or removable but I'm fine with that. When using the crossbody strap, I just let the short strap fall in front or behind the bag.

Hi and welcome! :wave:

To answer your questions, yes the flap of the bag does bend and fold in a little when carried. The leather on the bag is soft, not rigid but not super slouchy either. The flap and the sides do move around and slouch a bit but overall the bag maintains its structure.

Secondly, yes although it's a wide bag I think it does sit nicely on the hip. Check out the excellent modeling pics posted by @catsinthebag -- Got my Mademoiselle bag today!

Thanks, Cosmo! I hope my mod shots are useful.

I agree the bag sits well on the hip. I notice the width when the bag is over my shoulder using the short strap, but not when using the long strap. The leather is thick enough not to lose structure, but soft enough that it doesn't feel hard against my hip.

I guess structurally, it does resemble LV's Pochette Metis. With apologies to LV fans, I actually think the Mademoiselle bag is more luxurious because of the quality of the leather and the nice touches with hardware and the wax seal. But I'm biased!

I used mine today for the first time and really enjoyed it. The only downside I can think of is that the clasp will take some getting used to since it's the first bag I've had with a clasp like that. I do love having the back pocket for my phone!

Which bag might that be? :biggrin:

I've got my eye on a Paris Rocks bag in the Garnet color! :heart: Probably the foldover/zip model, which has an adjustable strap for crossbody or shoulder wear. It would fill the burgundy/dark red "hole" in my collection lol. It wouldn't be an "everyday" bag obviously, more of a party/drinks/dinner sort of going-out bag, but it's a color that I like to wear in fall/winter.

And what's next on your wishlist?

Paris Rocks.jpg

I've got my eye on a Paris Rocks bag in the Garnet color! :heart: Probably the foldover/zip model, which has an adjustable strap for crossbody or shoulder wear. It would fill the burgundy/dark red "hole" in my collection lol. It wouldn't be an "everyday" bag obviously, more of a party/drinks/dinner sort of going-out bag, but it's a color that I like to wear in fall/winter.

View attachment 3816743

This is cool! I think we have similar tastes. :smile:

Reactions: Cosmopolitan

View attachment 3816743

That colour is lovely! I'm sure it's super soft too! It's both a zipper and flap bag :biggrin:

In terms of my wishlist, perhaps that Paris Rocks black strap or an LP Badges. I notice though that I never stick to my wishlist. The closest I've ever come to sticking to it was when I got my Cody Cuir - I was interested in the Mocha one initially but then changed my mind and got the Mahogany instead haha! Such indiscipline! :biggrin:

Thanks Cosmopolitan and catsinthebag for your replies! I'm calling my store every week to see if they got this bag in. So far they only have the big one so I was not able to see it IRL. I had my eyes on LV pochette metis in black empreinte ńot monogram that is why mademoiselle reminds me so much of it :smile:
It will be sooo hard to choose between black gray and cognac...

Thanks Cosmopolitan and catsinthebag for your replies! I'm calling my store every week to see if they got this bag in. So far they only have the big one so I was not able to see it IRL. I had my eyes on LV pochette metis in black empreinte ńot monogram that is why mademoiselle reminds me so much of it :smile:
It will be sooo hard to choose between black gray and cognac...

If you are in the U.S., don't forget you can also check Bloomingdales or Neiman Marcus; both are carrying the Mademoiselle bag.