LV - Yorkdale -why so rude? Shoppers BEWARE! RANT>>

Not in Yorkdale, but on point and not worthy of its own thread, just a brief related rant.... I don't shop constantly, but I own a number of LV items. I went into an in-store LV boutique today to buy a bag for a birthday trip. I didn't have a lot of time but of course was excited about it. I didn't recognize any of the SAs I've worked with there previously and literally was completely ignored. The SA on the floor even completed tasks and went on to new ones, making literally no eye contact, no greeting, treating me as completely invisible (despite my carrying $3K worth of LV items, so it would not be out of the question to think I might be making a purchase -- plus I was putting myself forward body language-wise -- you know, when you are clearly waiting for sales attention vs. just browsing). I got better service buying an $8 carryout lunch today and WAY better service buying a $2 Starbucks. And if middle-aged women are invisible to you, you're working in the *wrong* place, my friend.

I finally walked out and told the SA (I had to interrupt his chatting) that I had come to make a specific purchase but would not be making it because of the non-existent service. No, I am not going to beg you to take my $2K. Buh-bye.

I go into LV Yorkdale a lot. And I'm usually dressed super casual. Sometimes I have LV on my arm. Sometimes I don't. Every time, someone always asks me if I need help. I say no, just looking. But no matter how long I'm in the store they keep coming up to me. I find them all very attentive and pleasant. Sometimes I ask to see something, and they're really nice and accommodating. If I see a real customer hanging around me, I tell them to go help that person as I'm not buying today. They always thank for me that. I'm just a looky loo with no intent on buying (I get all mine in the US) but if I ever wanted to get something I would feel pretty comfortable at the Yorkdale location.

Reactions: luxelove2
According to google reviews, holts lv has better service and yorkdale too. Any current opinions? I only went into yorkdale twice and they are really busy but never was treated in a rude way. The manager kept assuring me someone would help me asap as there was a line up. This was last Spring 2017. Most recently I went back and the associate didn't try to sell me the bags I was trying and she was not attentive. So... Maybe it's a hit and miss? There was a friendly chatty sa there in 2017 but never saw her again...

Yesterday I went to holts location on bloor and they offered me water and I felt the sa was accomodating and suggested other bags and told me about the bags too.

He offered his card so I think I will go back. Another sa also smiled as I left even tho I didn't purchase anything.

Decent service. Too bad it's rare. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to google reviews, holts lv has better service and yorkdale too. Any current opinions? I only went into yorkdale twice and they are really busy but never was treated in a rude way. The manager kept assuring me someone would help me asap as there was a line up. This was last Spring 2017. Most recently I went back and the associate didn't try to sell me the bags I was trying and she was not attentive. So... Maybe it's a hit and miss? There was a friendly chatty sa there in 2017 but never saw her again...

Yesterday I went to holts location on bloor and they offered me water and I felt the sa was accomodating and suggested other bags and told me about the bags too.

He offered his card so I think I will go back. Another sa also smiled as I left even tho I didn't purchase anything.

Decent service. Too bad it's rare. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like holts... Yorkdale is closer to my home but I refuse to go anymore.

I’m so torn.. I’ve finally decided to treat myself to the Keepall Bandouliere 45 in Monogram Eclipse but the only store in my area that has it is Yorkdale.
I really want a nice LV experience, I have the Speedy 30 and Neverfull MM, but this will be my first purchase in a long time. I know the most important thing is getting the Keepall but I’d much prefer a fun, memorable shopping experience.
If anyone can recommend an SA at Yorkdale I would really (really!) appreciate it!

I’m so torn.. I’ve finally decided to treat myself to the Keepall Bandouliere 45 in Monogram Eclipse but the only store in my area that has it is Yorkdale.
I really want a nice LV experience, I have the Speedy 30 and Neverfull MM, but this will be my first purchase in a long time. I know the most important thing is getting the Keepall but I’d much prefer a fun, memorable shopping experience.
If anyone can recommend an SA at Yorkdale I would really (really!) appreciate it!
I've never had anything but a great experience at LV Yorkdale -- have been going there for three years. I recommend Aliana as an SA.

Please update on how it went!
Thank you asking! I went to Bloor St after all but sadly their shipment hadn't arrived yet, and the Bandouliere 45 eclipse was still in transit. I did have my Nerverfull heat stamped though and was assisted by a very helpful SA who said she'd call me as soon as it comes in. Everyone was quite lovely and the store is pure eye candy .

Thank you asking! I went to Bloor St after all but sadly their shipment hadn't arrived yet, and the Bandouliere 45 eclipse was still in transit. I did have my Nerverfull heat stamped though and was assisted by a very helpful SA who said she'd call me as soon as it comes in. Everyone was quite lovely and the store is pure eye candy .

Oh ok. Glad u met a nice SA at Bloor. I have tried Bloor and my exp was just ok.... I have been to LV Holts downtown a few times and every experience I had, even when I didn’t buy was great. They were patient and showed me whatever I needed to see without pressure. If you have a chance u should try there.

Reactions: Megadane
I found an amazing SA at the Saks downtown LV! Her name is Sam! She is super friendly, young, helpful and great at her job. I don't have her exact contact info, but you can DM her on Instagram and connect with her. Or try calling the store...

@samsam_i_am

I always found the yorkdale store ignoring me, and not very helpful. Not to be racist, but they are always helping Chinese people over others...