LV - Yorkdale -why so rude? Shoppers BEWARE! RANT>>

angeldoll

Luvin' luxury goods
Aug 28, 2008
LOUIS VUITTON YORKDALE- AWFUL! So I went in to exchange my neverfull for the second time, the first one I got was faded out (like it had been out in the sun too long) the second one the straps were a different color than the rest of the bag. So I walk in today to get another neverfull and the sales associate (tall skinny, XXXX) tells me my bag is USED , when I just got it 2 days ago, because there was ONE HAIR in it ( off course mine, because its long and sheds liek crazy) and he even had the balls to tell me that he will show me one more bag and thats it because his customers are very fussy and would not want a bag with a hair in it, I said yes we are fussy thats why I am here again!. he thought was doing me a big favour exchanging my bag, like its my problem that there is something wrong with the bags? give me a break, I almost wanted a refund then and there but he brought out another bag that looked better so I took it.
Im taking a long break from LV at yorkdale, who needs customer service like this. Wont be going back there again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about this that's why I am done buying Louis vuitton I live in Australia and with them there is no such as a refund and you can only exchange once no exceptions ever I purchased a zippy wallet and I was not happy with the wavy zipper but because it was a refund they would not do anything about it so I am never buying anything from them again!

I don't like the sales people there all that much. That location is super busy as well so they must put up with a lot. If you're purchasing something that's higher priced they treat you like you don't deserve to be buying their stuff. Like it exasperates them to get stuff for you. I bought my Epi Speedy 30 there. I had it on hold and the lady was like "sighing" the entire time because I had asked if I could see the 25. At first she said "it's just same but smaller". Well, I KNOW THAT - I want to see it. LOL!

I go to the one on Bloor St. The SAs are nicer usually if it's not extremely busy.

This guy had a major attitude problem, also the young skinny asian guy does too.
There is only one girl there that is nice she is asian and wears dark black glasses and a chubby asian boy is nice too.
The rest are useless and should all be fired.

You should maybe chat with another SA and try to build a different relationship. It's a shame bad SA's ruin your experience at Vuitton. I have been lucky so far. There was one SA at my store that I could just tell was a bit snotty, so I never went to him. I have a total blast at my store but it comes from building good relationships over time.

You should maybe chat with another SA and try to build a different relationship. It's a shame bad SA's ruin your experience at Vuitton. I have been lucky so far. There was one SA at my store that I could just tell was a bit snotty, so I never went to him. I have a total blast at my store but it comes from building good relationships over time.

relationship or not, LV is supposed to be a HIGH END store which should include HIGH END top notch friendly service, no exceptions new or old buyer. Money is money. :smile:

relationship or not, LV is supposed to be a HIGH END store which should include HIGH END top notch friendly service, no exceptions new or old buyer. Money is money. :smile:

I totally agree! I'm getting so tired of rude service when we're giving up a lot of money! I'm feeling like we almost need to kiss up to these SAs instead of the other way around! Hearing this kind of thing is so disappointing, and I'm sorry that the guy was so rude to you. I know how upset I would be, and have been upset before when it hasn't been so friendly during my shopping experience at LV. It's a let-down. :tdown:

i had 3 SA's serve me at yorkdale before and thankfully they were all very nice! i now have my eye on one of the SA's there shes extremely nice and polite, shes a azn women - ill be finding her @yorkdale.

my bf had a young azn guy serve him once and he told me he almost didnt even want to buy the bag cuz the SA was so rude but it was the time when we had the shortage he was told that they'll get stock that day &&it was for my xmas present so he didnt want to miss it again after visiting 3 times to LV (dt n yorkdale)!

AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!!

i totally agree that money is money and top notch, friendly service should be expected from a high end retailer; however, the reality is that a buyer that doesn't exude the same friendly attitude is more likely to receive bad service. is it right? no, but it's reality. i also seem to recall that you've mentioned that you have purchased and returned/exchanged a number of items in the last few months, so that probably doesn't help the situation either.

I went to Yorkdale as well today! I was looking for the NF Ebene and talked to the same SA(tall skinny, blond ponytail, wearing a red shirt).I asked him if there was any left in stock and he just sighs,looks on the database and says " No, i have none in stock. Thats one of our top 25,so, yeah." I had to ask him if there was any in stock at other stores. He said Bloor Holt Renfrew LV may have 1,no guarantees. The entire time he didnt even seem interested in helping me, nor did he even suggest other options. I ended up going to the HR on Bloor W and got the last NF ebene in stock.The SA(Renata) was very helpful. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Yorkdale as well, i definitely agree with you they need to pick up their game. I wont be shopping there for awhile either.

I went to Yorkdale as well today! I was looking for the NF Ebene and talked to the same SA(tall skinny, blond ponytail, wearing a red shirt).I asked him if there was any left in stock and he just sighs,looks on the database and says " No, i have none in stock. Thats one of our top 25,so, yeah." I had to ask him if there was any in stock at other stores. He said Bloor Holt Renfrew LV may have 1,no guarantees. The entire time he didnt even seem interested in helping me, nor did he even suggest other options. I ended up going to the HR on Bloor W and got the last NF ebene in stock.The SA(Renata) was very helpful. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Yorkdale as well, i definitely agree with you they need to pick up their game. I wont be shopping there for awhile either.

thats the same guy who helped me, he was TALL, SKINNY , TANNED WITH SLICKED BACK PONY TAIL. He should be fired, hes really rude.

i totally agree that money is money and top notch, friendly service should be expected from a high end retailer; however, the reality is that a buyer that doesn't exude the same friendly attitude is more likely to receive bad service. is it right? no, but it's reality. i also seem to recall that you've mentioned that you have purchased and returned/exchanged a number of items in the last few months, so that probably doesn't help the situation either.

I exchanged 2 bags that were clearly imperfect. I dont think there is anything wrong with that. I am always nice to sales associates wherever I shop because I am in sales myself. I also did my exchanges within 7 days ( not months).

Sorry some of you have had a bad experience at Yorkdale. :sad:
I was very lucky to run into one SA who was very helpful, polite and kind to my bf and I. I went the day just before the price increase and I was dressed very casually with a Longchamp bag. I looked at several LV bags, trying them on in front of mirrors, and as he pulled out each bag for me.. he would tell me a little history about the bag and the new price that it'd be tomorrow. The SA would put random bandeaus, charms, etc on the bag.. telling me what would look good with it, what he thinks about it on me and random facts as well. He was so patient to the bagaholic me, haha.
When I bought my bag, he was shaking my hand and kept congratulating me. He's such a nice person and talked with us for a long time, wrapping my bag up nicely and everything. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post his name, but please give me a PM if you need a nice SA at the Yorkdale location!