LV Tattoo anyone?

I have 2 tattoos, a butterfly to represent my sorority and a Longhorn b/c I went to Texas and bleed burnt orange. People my think a Longhorn is tacky but if you went to a University like Texas you know you live, breath and bleed those colors/mascot! I don't regret it at all. Both are small tattoos on either side of my hips. I would never get a tattoo where I couldn't cover it for professional reasons.

However, I would never get an LV tattoo, unless like someone mentioned, LV was paying me or offered me a new purse of my choice per year for the rest of my life. Then I would do it.

Or Maybe the little flower somewhere as part of another tattoo, wouldn't be so bad.

PS: my mom is thinking of getting her first tattoo. Maybe for her 50th bday in 2 years. She said she would never ever get one and threatened to scrape mine off when I first got it, but I talked her into getting something small together. Having something designed that signifies us, maybe a design with our initials. We're really close. I'm her only child.

I have 2 tattoos, a butterfly to represent my sorority and a Longhorn b/c I went to Texas and bleed burnt orange. People my think a Longhorn is tacky but if you went to a University like Texas you know you live, breath and bleed those colors/mascot! I don't regret it at all. Both are small tattoos on either side of my hips. I would never get a tattoo where I couldn't cover it for professional reasons.

However, I would never get an LV tattoo, unless like someone mentioned, LV was paying me or offered me a new purse of my choice per year for the rest of my life. Then I would do it.

Or Maybe the little flower somewhere as part of another tattoo, wouldn't be so bad.

PS: my mom is thinking of getting her first tattoo. Maybe for her 50th bday in 2 years. She said she would never ever get one and threatened to scrape mine off when I first got it, but I talked her into getting something small together. Having something designed that signifies us, maybe a design with our initials. We're really close. I'm her only child.

Hey! i am an only child too.. and my mom never scolded me abt my tattoos, altho she never mentioned that she wanted one hehe.. :smile: i bet ur tattoo looks interesting. ive never met anyone with a longhorn tat. :smile:

Hey! i am an only child too.. and my mom never scolded me abt my tattoos, altho she never mentioned that she wanted one hehe.. :smile: i bet ur tattoo looks interesting. ive never met anyone with a longhorn tat. :smile:

Yes I love it! It's the outline of the Longhorn in black, shaded-in in burnt orange. My friends and I got them after a football game!

My mom was only mad for a little while. She wasn't so much after she saw that they were small. And I was 2 so I wasnt a kid anymore.

I would totally get a tattoo of my alma mater's mascot if I could clean it up and make it a little simpler.. I'm a FL Gator and our orange/blue/green gator logo is a bit much for me to tattoo on myself!

I would totally get a tattoo of my alma mater's mascot if I could clean it up and make it a little simpler.. I'm a FL Gator and our orange/blue/green gator logo is a bit much for me to tattoo on myself!

Yeah that might be difficult. Maybe you can google it. I'm sure people have tattoos of the gator.

Love your Louboutins btw!

I think tattoos (that show) make a person look unprofessional unless you're a tattoo artist. Having the LV logo tattooed is ALMOST as tacky as getting the Playboy bunny tattooed (especially, if you're not associated with Playboy)!!

Tattoos have become a lot more accepted in the workplace. There are a ton of people where I work who have visible tattoos (I work in the aerospace industry). I would disagree that they make you look unprofessional, unless you have a gratuitous one, one with cuss words, or something on the face/neck area.

At the very least, I've seen working "professionals" with uncovered tattoo sleeves :Push: I can see getting one for example, olympic rings if I was an olympic athlete, but I'm not about to tattoo my name, my (living) SO's name, or just getting a tattoo just to say that I have one. At some point, I thought about getting orchids (their is an attached significance there) done on my hip or along my side or my favorite scripture.