LV STOLEN from the Store Following Kanye Wests 30th Birthday Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol- I've been meaning to post this since June but I kept forgetting :P I'd bet anything that it was the members of someone's entourage rather than an actual celebrity- a $2,000 bag must look pretty good to a bodyguard or assistant.

lol- I've been meaning to post this since June but I kept forgetting :P I'd bet anything that it was the members of someone's entourage rather than an actual celebrity- a $2,000 bag must look pretty good to a bodyguard or assistant.

That's a little insulting-- I've had lower-ranking jobs but in NO WAY would I think it's okay to steal. What makes you think that assistants or bodyguards don't have as much morality as the rest of us?

The party was at the Louis Vuitton flagship store.

Kanye West has a relationship with LV.

I don't think it's odd for his birthday party to be there, as it's completely a marketing ploy for both Kanye and LV. There are a lot of parties at fashion stores. Barneys throws one every season for fashion week. Stores, especially flagships, tend to be in a great location, be large enough to host, and already have the security infrastructure to host larger parties.

As for stealing, I guess it would be tempting. I personally have never thought about it, even though I guess it would be easy to do so because although there are cameras and security walking around, you cannot focus on all guests at once. Stores do not lock down all of their merchandise when they throw these parties. Certain areas tend to be blocked off, and jewelry is removed or locked up more carefully, but there is too much to move. I think the reason stores are not super cautious is because the fashion/entertainment world is very store and everyone knows everyone.

I think it's weird they might make Pharrell reimburse the $30,000....

I almost went to Kayne West's party.

Hmmm...I wonder if LV has caught the thief. What a shame this happened. Who would think to steal something at LV when you've got all those security guards and cameras? The cameras alone would have video footage I would think.

wait lets not slander the guy....he didnt do anything wrong!! and 30,000 isnt really THAT much, a watch here - a bag here and a ring there....i mean its sad but i dont know why thats kanyes fault

and btw, how do we know this is even real?!?!?!?! sounds like gossip to me!

This could have happened with anyone having a party there. Let's not jump to conclusions pertaining to entourages and certain "kind" of people having parties at LV. People steal all around the world. Moving on...

Status
Not open for further replies.