LV Mini Palm Springs Backpack

I have a PS PM 2016… haven’t used it in a while, pre-Covid craziness! So this bag has never been exposed to sanitiser.

The bag is peeling soooo badly. Do you think this can be fixed? It has a horrible white haze on it, but only in one area.

Help! It is 6-7 years old. :sad:

View attachment 5592796

View attachment 5592797

View attachment 5592798

View attachment 5592799
I experienced this issue after getting my palm spring in 2017, managed to exchange, and sold the new piece away quickly in 2020. I don't think it can be fixed...

I experienced this issue after getting my palm spring in 2017, managed to exchange, and sold the new piece away quickly in 2020. I don't think it can be fixed...
you were so lucky is discover this in time :sad: May need to still try and see if it can be fixed. Do you know if they fix areas of canvas? Tho I have a feeling it will happen all over. Really don’t want to give it to my daughter just yet to trash as an 8 year old. Lol

Hi all,

My palm spring mini gave me a huge shock to my life!! I waited 3 months to just get hold of this bag back in 2017. Now, the canvas coating was peeled off around the zipper and I noticed the printed logo on the canvas also slowly diminishing as well. I have emailed to LV Customer Service but they have not gotten back to me :sad:( As of now, I am quite anxious with my bag's current condition and can I just ask is it possible to get a replacement bag at LV store since my bag was nearly 3 years old.
for your reference, hope it helps

• Love
Reactions: sarah.aussie
you were so lucky is discover this in time :sad: May need to still try and see if it can be fixed. Do you know if they fix areas of canvas? Tho I have a feeling it will happen all over. Really don’t want to give it to my daughter just yet to trash as an 8 year old. Lol
I am not sure why the coating is not durable and I am pretty shocked at that point of time as well... you can head down to your nearest LV store to seek advice. Hope you can manage to repair/ exchange a new one!

I know there are 2 models, one with the covered zipper opening which I saw is prone to cracks and then there's the updated model without the covered zipper.

Is the price the deterrent for not wanting to purchase the PSM? Or is it the wear and tear? I love the versatility of this mini backpack and I've been looking for it forever since the new model came out ... but it IS pricey, if the wear and tear is harsh after minimal use I may return and grab the Goyard cap vert.

All opinions/feedback wanted!

Ty

I have the updated one - I’ve had it since last April as I couldn’t get my hands on it prior. For me, amazing bag. Fits more than you think and versatility in the way you can arrange the straps to wear it. I’ve had no issues thankfully.
Wishing you luck in your quest

Reactions: lotusflowerbaum
The updated version without the lip is fine. I have not seen or heard of any defects. Most people just have a hard time finding one with perfect alignment. This is one of my favorite mono bags.
Def, I've been on the hunt since it came out. I couldn't get my hands on it until the other day with my fiance. It's perfect except for the alignment on the sides, which.... I know bugs others but for me, it doesn't. So I did end up purchasing it :smile: I do love the fact that you can wear it a variety of ways, it's monogram yet doesn't have the vachette leather I have to worry about. Thanks for sharing your thoughts w me.

Def, I've been on the hunt since it came out. I couldn't get my hands on it until the other day with my fiance. It's perfect except for the alignment on the sides, which.... I know bugs others but for me, it doesn't. So I did end up purchasing it :smile: I do love the fact that you can wear it a variety of ways, it's monogram yet doesn't have the vachette leather I have to worry about. Thanks for sharing your thoughts w me.
The alignment on the sides never match up. As long as the front matches you're good. Congrats!