LV Mini Palm Springs Backpack

Anyone had wearing on the d ring tabs? My girlfriend had a similar issue but not sure if it’ll get worse...the glazing starts to lift a little?

Attachments

• 5BE38372-361B-4535-B7EC-EF184C1DD460.jpeg
    5BE38372-361B-4535-B7EC-EF184C1DD460.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 414
  • C87D8158-5A7B-4E37-A922-B2F858F91820.jpeg
    C87D8158-5A7B-4E37-A922-B2F858F91820.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 415
  • 427AC6A7-AF55-4634-B4D6-CEC7CCF59F2B.jpeg
    427AC6A7-AF55-4634-B4D6-CEC7CCF59F2B.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 410
OK thanks to my overthinking and stalking I was able to grab a Mono PSM. Now, I am unsure if I should keep and sell my Reverse or keep my reverse and return the Mono. Making it more difficult is my reverse is MIF, has the nylon lining and has great alignment with smooth zipper, leather parts are all still good. No issues and I've had it at least a year & a half. The new Mono has great alignment, smooth zipper ,MIU (but this doesn't bother me at all). leather parts look good. Like this would have been easier if it had come with a defect..lol. I've just been thinking lately that the mono would be more "classic". But what if the new one starts with issues after i sell my reverse? LOL I'm a mess. First world BS for sure but what would you do?

Sk5U7sk0QPm2liFO4JI9oQ.jpg

Last edited:
OK thanks to my overthinking and stalking I was able to grab a Mono PSM. Now, I am unsure if I should keep and sell my Reverse or keep my reverse and return the Mono. Making it more difficult is my reverse is MIF, has the nylon lining and has great alignment with smooth zipper, leather parts are all still good. No issues and I've had it at least a year & a half. The new Mono has great alignment, smooth zipper ,MIU (but this doesn't bother me at all). leather parts look good. Like this would have been easier if it had come with a defect..lol. I've just been thinking lately that the mono would be more "classic". But what if the new one starts with issues after i sell my reverse? LOL I'm a mess. First world BS for sure but what would you do?

View attachment 4485727
lol im in the same boat. i have my reverse and ordered the mono. but im selling my reverse and keeping the mono. i just find the reverse a little too high maintenance for my liking!

View attachment 4485727

I'm no help because I own the reverse and love it. I've had none of the color transfer issues people talk about, but I guess I should knock on wood. I was curious about your "nylon lining" comment. I have never looked at another PSM than the two I've owned and both had nylon lining. Do the mono PSMs come with a different lining/the new models have a new lining? I'm just curious.

Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: Suburbachic
I'm no help because I own the reverse and love it. I've had none of the color transfer issues people talk about, but I guess I should knock on wood. I was curious about your "nylon lining" comment. I have never looked at another PSM than the two I've owned and both had nylon lining. Do the mono PSMs come with a different lining/the new models have a new lining? I'm just curious.

Good luck with your decision!

The Nylon lining is from back when the PSM first came out. They changed it to a fabric lining, I'm not sure of the date but I was surprised to see it in my reverse because it was well after the change. Maybe they kept that lining in the reverse? Not sure. My PM & MM have the fabric lining just like my new mini.

The Nylon lining is from back when the PSM first came out. They changed it to a fabric lining, I'm not sure of the date but I was surprised to see it in my reverse because it was well after the change. Maybe they kept that lining in the reverse? Not sure. My PM & MM have the fabric lining just like my new mini.

Interesting. Thanks for informing me. I think I'd prefer my nylon lining over cloth.

i’ve wanted the mini palm spring for over a year now, but as of late i find myself loving the pm because it seems more practical. Can anyone help me decide?? i’m so scared to pull the trigger since they’re going for $2700 and up on second hand shops now! i want to be sure!! pls

I love both my psm reverse and pm. My psm was made in 2017 with nylon lining which I love. One of the reasons I went with the reverse due to many issues I encountered with the mono. Knock on wood so far no big issues. I will be super sad if it shows defects. So far the only wear is on the leather tabs. For my PM, love using it when I need more space. However ever since owning the psm, I learned to downsize a lot. I cant fill up my bigger bags anymore.:smile:

I am sad. My beloved PSM has developed multiple cracks on the canvas near the zipper. I’ve had my PSM for over two years. It’s my all time most fav LV bag. I’ve had the four back leather tabs replaced due to fraying last year.

I took the bag to LV, and they said they will need to send the bag to repair to see what can be done to fix it. I thought there was nothing LV can do if the canvas is cracked so not sure why they are going this route? Regardless, the bag is off and I am waiting to hear back.

Has anyone experienced this and what was your outcome?

First pick shows the cracked canvas in multiple spots and the second pic shows the cracks starting to form.

Attachments

• 38DB24F4-30FD-40CB-B7EF-20ED1A555F86.jpeg
    38DB24F4-30FD-40CB-B7EF-20ED1A555F86.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 441
  • 9FD842E0-3E5E-433D-ABB6-555376143D0F.jpeg
    9FD842E0-3E5E-433D-ABB6-555376143D0F.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 444
I am sad. My beloved PSM has developed multiple cracks on the canvas near the zipper. I’ve had my PSM for over two years. It’s my all time most fav LV bag. I’ve had the four back leather tabs replaced due to fraying last year.

I took the bag to LV, and they said they will need to send the bag to repair to see what can be done to fix it. I thought there was nothing LV can do if the canvas is cracked so not sure why they are going this route? Regardless, the bag is off and I am waiting to hear back.

Has anyone experienced this and what was your outcome?

First pick shows the cracked canvas in multiple spots and the second pic shows the cracks starting to form.
Since the bag is made of a few canvas pieces stitched together theu will be able to replace? I wish you luck! Keep as posted.

They should credit you for that. It is a known issue because of how hard the zipper is. I had one tiny spot of peeling on my PM and they took it no questions. I'm sure the outcome will be they can't repair it and they will offer you replace or credit.