LV luggage, check it or carry it on board?

I'm actually more worried about crooked baggage handlers that works in the airport than fellow travellers..:s

If your worried about your luggage that much, just buy a bag and carry it on. I've had no trouble with my luggage and it'll be more than obvious if you check it in and it doesn't come out of the chute with the rest of the luggage. And would all the baggage handlers be in this little scheme, or would one just walk away with luggage? I suppose they would carry the luggage out of the way of their next job and would stuff it in their "lockers", right? :shrugs:

I wouldn't worry about baggage handlers taking anything, they have access to lots of valuable items, and I'm sure that LV luggage is not at the top of the "easy to steal" list. I would however worry about it getting damaged because I've had many non-LV luggage pieces get broken handles, scuff marks, etc.

I bought a Carryall recently and haven't used it yet, but I would definately carry it on the plane - especially since it's small enough. I've only had my suitcase lost overnight once but that was enough for me!! I was lucky to get it back the next day on my trip, but you definately hear nightmare stories about lost luggage. My brother-in-law's suitcase was ripped open on the tarmac and his clothes were strewn across the outside area. Everything was recovered but he had a blazer that was shredded down the back of the jacket. The airline gave him a new suitcase and paid for reimbursement but it was a nightmare!!

I'd never check any LV's in. Thats why i bought the Tobago carryall as i can take that on the plane

My friend has a Damier Pegase 50 and when we went to Melbourne, she was guarding it with her life and wouldn't let any flight attendants and porters touch it!

Carry it on. If I ever bought LV luggage, it would be something small enough to be considered a carry-on. Too many things could happen while it makes its way to and fro the underbelly of the plane.

I cringe when the security folks throw my rugged Samsonite luggage on the belt for the xray machine. I think three things: Oh man, my stuff is being abused. Then, geez, my poor luggage. Finally, gee, I'm glad it's nothing special!

I checked a Keepall 60 one time, I had them wrap it in the plastic. When it came out, there was a HUGE rip right in the side of the bag. I almost cried. :crybaby:I went to the luggage counter and told them, they said the airline only gave $400 for damaged luggage, not enough to replace the luggage or the items inside that got damaged! :hysteric:

^^^^:crybaby: :crybaby: :wtf:
Awww that's terrible ! I'm sorry !!

I don't have any LV luggage for the very reason someone pointed out: what's the point of having it if you can't/won't use it ??? I did have a Keepall 55 but was too worried about anything happening to it, and in turn never used it:sad: So I sold it....

I'm much happier with my Samsonite luggage. I check it and don't worry about anything that will happen to it (excluding theft of course;) )

maybe you are right, but I don't want to be part of the fake gang!
I think i'll stick to plain black, as much as I hate it, I would just die if I lost all the stuff in my suitcase

I would consider Fedexing it in the future ....

After witnessing one of my bags fly off the luggage tram outside the airport whereupon it was hit by another luggage tram-- we just happened to walk by a window when it happened- I would never check any luggage I loved regardless of how well it was made. My suitcase was trashed, although the contents were fine.

If your worried about your luggage that much, just buy a bag and carry it on. I've had no trouble with my luggage and it'll be more than obvious if you check it in and it doesn't come out of the chute with the rest of the luggage. And would all the baggage handlers be in this little scheme, or would one just walk away with luggage? I suppose they would carry the luggage out of the way of their next job and would stuff it in their "lockers", right? :shrugs:

You do have some good points.. Oh well, I'll see the next time I have money, because a pegase is calling my name, but so far I've been too afraid to get one:love: