LV in Australia

Hi there! I live in Sydney and think the Maison (the large store on George St) is incredible! It's my absolute favourite and my SA - Olivia - she's wonderful! Another TPF'er recommended her and I am so glad they did! I can't speak highly enough of her..

I'm sorry I don't know the Brisbane stores particularly well so can't help there.

You will always get a dustbag when you purchase and mostly always receive a box. I don't think I've ever NOT received a box... that said, I have so many boxes that I'm beginning to think I should create an LV box Xmas tree this year...

My tip is to go during an off-peak time, so you don't feel rushed or overwhelmed. Don't be shy about asking to try stuff on and walking over to the mirror to see what it looks like on.

Otherwise enjoy!

Thanks for the info! What time do you think is off-peak for an lv store ahaha?

Hi there,
I see that a lot of people are commenting about online stores and non-lv stores and I was wondering if you guys had a preference for a certain Australian LV store?
I'm considering my first purchase and I want to go to a store with good SAs.
Also, I live in Brisbane so if you have a favourite SA in the CBD I would love to know!

Also, any first-time buyer tips? What should I make sure I get with my purchase (box, dustbag etc). Is there anything particular I should ask about?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jess

Hi
There are lots of new SA in the Brisbane store due to the holiday season .. I would recommend Carla or Elaine … early morning is a good time …mid-late afternoon esp on weekends is super busy esp as the holiday season will be soon upon us. Enjoy your visit.

After being disappointed numerous times at Hermes with their lack of customer service, I decided I had enough and went to Louis Vuitton on George St for the first time in a while and could not be happier with the helpful staff there. I ended up buying myself a little birthday present. It really was the highlight of my birthday. I was so pleased with the service that I might be going back to buy my friend a birthday present in early-mid February. :smile:

Hi there everyone,

May I ask some help here from you living in Australia? :smile:

There is two shawls (that I have been looking for ages) in store in LV Asutralia that are not available in Europe or US. For making on order from there I would need to have some help from person who's living in there..

If you think you could help me with this please pm me for my inbox asap! :smile:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and have a nice day! :smile:

Hi there everyone,

There is two shawls (that I have been looking for ages) in store in LV Asutralia that are not available in Europe or US. For making on order from there I would need to have some help from person who's living in there..

If you think you could help me with this please pm me for my inbox asap! :smile:

Hi Violapink, what country are you in and what are the shawls you are wanting? I will check LV here to see if they actually have them available.

Hi there everyone,

Hi! I tried to reply to your pm but it wouldn't send. Sorry about that, I'm glad someone is helping you :smile:
Good luck!

Hi!

I found many old posts on the topic, but wanted to check if it is possible to return an unused item with full refund? I purchased the bag in their store in Melbourne.

In case of store credit, could I use it to purchase multiple items over time?

Thank you!

I exchanged the first bag I bought 2 weeks ago, my husband surprised me and took me to LV and I didn´t get exactly the bag I wanted. I rang them and they said I could exchange an unused bag up to 30 days after purchase, I took it back the next day and exchanged it for the bag I wanted. I´m Australian but I live in Germany, here there are no cash refunds, only store credit, I assume it would be the same at home. I would think it would be possible to use the store credit for multiple items but I´m not 100% sure. I would ring them on their central number in Melbourne, I found them to be very helpful and friendly here on the phone. I hope that helps a little bit :smile:

I recieved a bandeau for Christmas, and I wanted a different variation, so I took it into the Brisbane store.

They did have the colour I wanted, but it was a different look to what was online, so they offered me a store credit, and told me I could only use it in a store, not online.

I don't think LV offer refund/cash back, but just store credit or exchange.

I know Gucci also don't offer refunds so it may be a usual thing with luxury brands.

I purchased a bag and wallet I wasn't happy with from the online store. I was offered the choice of a store credit or refund. I chose the refund.

You receive a returns slip with each order that says you have 30 days to exchange or refund if the item does not turn out to be right for you.

It must be in original unused condition with all boxes and tags supplied.

It's Australian Consumer Law that all companies have a return policy if a purchaser needs to return because it wasn't the right item or faulty etc.

All the luxury shops if you buy in store in Australia will NOT refund unless the item is faulty - they only give store credits.
I have no idea how they get away with that but they seem too.
Other stores in Australia have to have a return policy.
There must be a loophole.
That is why we have to be so certain before buying from any boutique in Australia.

All the luxury shops if you buy in store in Australia will NOT refund unless the item is faulty - they only give store credits.
I have no idea how they get away with that but they seem too.
Other stores in Australia have to have a return policy.
There must be a loophole.
That is why we have to be so certain before buying from any boutique in Australia.

I don't know how. It's the law that they have to accept returns. It doesn't matter what their store policy is, in Australia they must obey Australian Consumer Law. If they don't, a quick mention of reporting them to the Dept Of Fair Trading quickly reminds them that they must give a refund if the item is not right or fit for the consumer. LV has a return policy that is clearly written and given to customers when a purchase is made. They DO give refunds, I know for sure because they gave me a refund of a large purchase.