LV... at the beach?

Here is the beach 'set'

IMG_2510.jpg

*drooooools* Now THAT is one sexy beach combo! Absolutely beautiful. I love the rope-like straps on the bag, it literally screams "Beach" to me. It's stunning. I love the flip flops too. OMG, it's amazing! Gorgeous set, twinkle.twink. I love it.

Oh yeah, I think the only tote that I would probably love to take to the beach is the Tahitiennes. That, or the Damier tote seen in the above picture. I wouldn't take anything brown or dark colored with me though, like Monogram. But either way, I wouldn't take any expensive bag with me to the beach. Some low life can literally run up to your stuff while you're busy playing in the water and steal your stuff!

This is what concerns me when I go to the waterparks. Seriously. You have to leave your stuff sitting somewhere in the lawn. It's no fun unless you have someone watch your stuff. It's dangerous.

I bought a previously loved Monogram Noe from a consignment store for about $350. Since the retail value is at about $1000, for the price that I got it for [and the condition] I'm not afraid to use it as my gym bag, bookbag, and beach bag! I do, however, make sure that it doesn't touch water.

why not? i have. some are better than others. some are beaters, some will hold up well at the beach (not that i would soak it and roll it in the sand) but they are meant to be used. they aren't going to melt.

I've just come from the beach after being there for a week. I had to bring LV with me as they are my bags. I didn't bring them down by the water. I have an old Lancome tote (GWP) that I always use as my "beach bag" but evenings at the board walk I used my azur pochette and blue soufflot. They were fine...no problems as the pochette stays under my arm & the soufflot is epi. But there were no incidents that even had me remotely worried. I will have to invest in some sort of beach bag soon though as the Lancome isn't going to last much longer :wondering

Like walking on the beach after dinner or something? Then yes....

But heading out with the kids and hubby for a day of sun and fun - NO WAY. Sorry - life's too short to be worrying about my bags getting ruined in the sun with the salt and water....

But that's just my two cents....

I brought my Tahitiennes to the beach a couple of weeks ago. I have two kids and I packed it with snacks, sunscreen, etc. It came home just like new. Actually I am packing right now to leave tomorrow to go back to the beach and it has beach toys in it now!