LV and the word "Investment"???

LOL that's what i was thinking...

because i heard a lot of people here say...lv is an investment...

and i was very confused...

"LV isnt investing money, but investing money = LV"
lol by me...

and...not buying ten $100 bags...but buying one $1000 LV bag is better...etc...

now i'm not confused with people here lol :smile:

I don't consider bags as investments for the monetary future. They are investments in the fact that I will have them for a long time to enjoy.

Monetary investments (to me) can't be worn or used.

Yes, because the value keeps appreciating. Even if I sell my Azur Speedy 5 years from now, which I bought for $595, I may be able to break even or slightly profit due to price increases. I like having my money where I can see it!!

I only buy bags that I like and know will use ... I do think of them as an investment ~ but not monetary wise. I don't buy and think of how much they will be worth someday or the resale value, because then that takes the fun out of shopping for me!

I say they are my "investment" because I use my hard earned money and I know I'll use them for years to come, and when I'm gone ~ my daughter will. And her daughters later on in the future ... that to me is an investment.

The only profit I recall making on a LV bag on Ebay were speedy bags, and this is because I had them for many years (the retail prices kept rising on them) and the fact that the speedy is always a great seller on ebay. I buy a bag because I want it and love it, if I can recoup 1/2 of my cost in the end when I wish to move on to something different then I am happy!

I think of my LV's as an investment - when you really take very good care of them and after so many years, they still look like new, I'd consider them of better value than an expensive car. An expensive car looses its value right after you bought it. An LV, in my opinion, is a better investment than a car because of a car's very rapid depreciation.

A Limited Edition and rare LV that you've owned for so many years will surely appreciate in value if and only you've kept it in well-loved, excellent condition. It's all about the condition of your bag as a result of how you take care of it that makes it a better investment. Hope this makes sense. :angel:

I only buy bags that I like and know will use ... I do think of them as an investment ~ but not monetary wise. I don't buy and think of how much they will be worth someday or the resale value, because then that takes the fun out of shopping for me!

I say they are my "investment" because I use my hard earned money and I know I'll use them for years to come, and when I'm gone ~ my daughter will. And her daughters later on in the future ... that to me is an investment.

I agree everything SweetPurple wrote. I look at my bags the same way, not as something I can sell in the future but something that will be passed down to my daughter and her children one day.

I only use the word 'investment' when my sister sees any of my recent purchases. She doesn't understand my love of Vuitton so I say it's an investment. I've never sold a piece ever but it gets her off my back until the next bag buy...