LV and Smoking

1. LV is a business, lots of people still smoke, so why not sell to them?
2. They're still mostly a travel company, seems like most things are still geared toward travel. Although I do think some LV stuff for exercising would be awesome. I mean they have tennis bags, golf bags, and a squash bag, but it's still to take your stuff somewhere, travelling persay.
3. I think you should write LV and tell them your great idea !!!!

I think there is, but I think they are trying to keep people happy by offering things for them. I personally don't think that by offering these certain accessories that the companies are "glamorizing" smoking, just keeping the customers happy. I don't smoke and never will just because LV happens to make a cigarette case. Anyway, if they don't sell, then they'll probably stop producing them, but I guess they must be selling to some people. Besides, I'm sure they fit other things besides cigarette boxes, like a small ipod etc.

ita! Just because LV makes a cigarette case, doesn't mean that I'll start just to use it

Your thread reminded me of my paranoia when it comes to walking on the streets with my LV... LOL. I always look out for smokers on the streets because I don't want my bag to get burnt through.

Back to the topic, I guess when there is demand, they will be a supply. LV is simply supplying the cigarette-related products to clients who smoke and want to purchase such products. The cigarette case makes a cute mobile phone case too.

Haha... I am the guy with a LV Nomade cigarette case and a Cartier lighter...

I don't smoke in my house though. And def. not around my designer goods - at least not indoors.

I think as adults it's really a choice for the individual - anyway, governments should ban it if people hate it that much. Of course with all the taxes they collect from it, why would they do that?

smoking accessories are present in most companies, i.e. tiffany has metal cigar tubes, cartier has cigarette lighters, hermes has cigar cutters and ash trays, lv has bother cigar/cigarette humidifiers and leather cases (and let us not forget the trunk made to fit something like 1000 cigars)
I guess all these brands must be selling a majority their items for their intended purpose, because none of the above are cheap one of m friends smokes and i looked into getting them a cartier lighter, they were AU $600-$800 and i decided to pass lol. To me i guess it would give me an excuse to glamorize and/or justify smoking if i already smoked

p.s. i have the 1st mono lv ipod case (yes its called that) which is identical
to a cigarette case only it has a hole at the top for the ear phone plug.