LV and resorts

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I agree, I don't travel with many bags. I will usually take a regular size and my pochette for evenings. I leave the pochette in the safe during the day, and put the other one in the closet, covered with things. I even take out all my CC's except for one (before the trip) and take very little jewelry. But I realize that I err on the side of um, paranoid!!

2. P-B I'm glad that you had a great vacation!
    How was the resort and weather?

3. Yes, Chablis, we had a great time!! Thanks for asking.

howardu09 - thanks for your words of wisdom and reassurances!! That was sweet.

jellybebe and missbanff - you think like my DH; he only wanted me to take one. And I did conceal it -- in a locked suitcase as suggested by the wonderful members here.

shopalot - the resort was so-so (don't think I'd go to Sandals ever again -- it was my first time, but that's another thread, eh?) but the weather was fantastic!! It only rained once.

4. This is great, I am getting ready to go to a JW Marriott resort (leaving Friday 5/16) and I have been hemming and hawing (is that how you spell it) over whether to bring my speedy. I think I will.... :smile:

5. #35 May 6, 2008
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
    I just got back from Hawaii and took my Mirage Noir speedy and two pouchettes. We just stayed in an average hotel, of course I hid them under clothes in my suitcase, and all was fine.

Now there are some places I wouldn't recommend bringing them at all unless you put them in your carry on - like British Virgin Islands or Grenada- both those places I had stuff (clothes, small electronics, shoes- not even expensive stuff!) stolen out of my suitecase at the airport. Good thing I had always been good about putting expensive stuff in my carry-on.

6. jcash - take it, the Speedies were perfect for daytime for me.

Missrocks - No matter where I travel everything of value comes with me on carryon (jewelry & purses). I also don't check the LV luggage itself. I use it as one of my carryon items. I'm glad you and your Mirage gad fun in Hawaii! I really, really, really regret missing the Mirage bandwagon. It's so beautiful!