Luggage Tag

For me its strange that some SA tell me this and other don't know this rule. In fact I own the Keepall and it should be possible to buy it as a replacement. That was denied me several times in a very rude way. So it would be better they remebered the LV rule to be friendly to the customer. I was never unfriendly to them so I
I was not expecting that.

For me its strange that some SA tell me this and other don't know this rule. In fact I own the Keepall and it should be possible to buy it as a replacement. That was denied me several times in a very rude way. So it would be better they remebered the LV rule to be friendly to the customer. I was never unfriendly to them so I
I was not expecting that.
So how many luggage tags are you trying to purchase? It sounds like you already have three. Are you collecting them? If the SA suspects you might be a reseller, that may explain their refusal. In any case, your best bet is to visit the store with a copy of your receipt and say that you lost the tag for your Keepall. If they have a tag in store, you might be able to purchase it. But again, if your account shows that you've done this regularly, the SA may turn you down.
You may also consider working with a single SA at your local store: a faithful client can get things that others can't!

First sorry for my english, ists not the best. :hrmm:
I live in Germany and I own a Keepall Mon Monogram but its not easy to buy luggage tags for me. Some SA are really nice and some
treated me very badly. My worst experience was in Paris and I was really disappointed because I bougt there 3 bags the last 2 years. They told me you can only buy it in the country you live
in an arrogant condescending way. In Madrid they don't understand why it should be a problem and they sold me two. So it depends on the employees.
I'm tired of begging. As a customer who has been buying for years, I find this inappropriate.
What really annoys me is that some SA are hiding behind the statement that they aren't allow to sell it and that it is not a problem elsewhere.
That sa was confused as you can buy replacement luggage tags anywhere in the world as long as your profile indicate you have a piece of luggage that comes with a luggage tag. The trouble is most stores won’t have luggage tags in stock so they will have to order for you which will take few weeks to come. By that time, most people have already return to their home country! With that said, if the said store is a major flagship in Paris, then they would definitely have tags in the back. In the US, managers have to approve the luggage tags sale so it’s actually a bit of an hassle for regular sa. It might be different in Europe. I always ask every sa I purchase from to see if they can sell me a luggage tag or two. Some happily do while most say they don’t have any for sale. It’s the luck of the draw. If you buy a lot from your local store, your store manager will more than fine to sell you luggage tags. But the key word here is buy a lot. ;)

It seems like LV is all over the place with the luggage tag situation. I don’t own any luggage, but I was able to buy a vachetta tag at a store I’d never set foot in before. Of course, I was also buying two bags at the same time, so maybe that had something to do with it? If a corporate policy does exist, it seems to be enforced pretty inconsistently. So it never hurts to ask for one!

I’ve been able to buy three luggage tags over time. I like them on my NFs. I have a coated leather one that I keep on my NF MM in DE and a vachetta one that I keep on my NF MM in DA. I didn’t bother trying to get one for my Mon Mono - my initials are already on the bag.

i recently bought a NF GM in Mono for travelling and my SA was kind enough to get me a tag. I would not bother getting a second DE tag since the colour doesn’t change but since vachetta patinas I like for the bag and tag to match. I haven’t stamped that tag yet; I’m planning to in Hawaii in February.

I don’t expect to get any others unless they happen to come with an item I purchase. I have no interest in collecting them.

When I visited NY I went into the 5th Avenue. I purchased a bag and asked about getting. luggage tag. They told me I can’t get one unless I have a luggage piece on file . I have the Keepall so they said that is fine and was going to order me one as they didn’t have any in store . I was leaving NY that day so didn’t take up the offer .

When I visited NY I went into the 5th Avenue. I purchased a bag and asked about getting. luggage tag. They told me I can’t get one unless I have a luggage piece on file . I have the Keepall so they said that is fine and was going to order me one as they didn’t have any in store . I was leaving NY that day so didn’t take up the offer .
FYI for next time. You can have them send to your home if you live in the US.