Luggage Tag

Last week I passed by my local LV to look for a bag but they run out of stock of that particular model. I had a very pleasant talk with an SA I never met before an I asked him if they had any small luggage tags (i.e. the one that goes with the Melie) available to purchase. He went away to check and came back after a while saying “unfortunately we don’t have any small luggage tag available at the moment. So, to make it up for it, please accept this one as a gift”.
I was pleasantly surprised! [emoji12]

View attachment 4133972View attachment 4133973

That is great! It looks good :smile:

Reactions: Zoezampalunga
Last week I passed by my local LV to look for a bag but they run out of stock of that particular model. I had a very pleasant talk with an SA I never met before an I asked him if they had any small luggage tags (i.e. the one that goes with the Melie) available to purchase. He went away to check and came back after a while saying “unfortunately we don’t have any small luggage tag available at the moment. So, to make it up for it, please accept this one as a gift”.
I was pleasantly surprised! [emoji12]

View attachment 4133972View attachment 4133973

Nice!

Reactions: Coqui
That is so strange they don't sell them .they sell them singly here in Dubai no questions or previous purchase required and always have in stock in fact I always see ppl buying rollers and other travel pieces. They are around $60 here though . To me they always look like a luggage tag rather than a charm but another bonus is if you might resell your bags one day or even just at rotation you don't have to have the stamp on your bag

Reactions: Coqui
That is so strange they don't sell them .they sell them singly here in Dubai no questions or previous purchase required and always have in stock in fact I always see ppl buying rollers and other travel pieces. They are around $60 here though. To me they always look like a luggage tag rather than a charm but another bonus is if you might resell your bags one day or even just at rotation you don't have to have the stamp on your bag

A lot of people here in the US buy them by the truckload to collect and 1. it takes away LV sales on charms and their catalog luggage tag items. 2. they don't make a lot of money on selling the replacement luggage tag.

It's one of the cheapest things you can buy at LV so a lot of people do ask for it and many collect stamps from different store locations so they buy a lot of luggage tags too. It just doesn't help the brand in any way so they'd rather reserve the parts for clients that actually need their tag replaced.

Reactions: fabuleux
Hi. Does anyone know the product id of the small and large vachetta luggage tags? Thanks in advance. :smile:

If this could be helpful, my SA ordered for me the small one as a replacement part for the Melie and the big one as a replacement part for the Keepall. In my experience big ones are easier to find. They often have them in store. For the little one I had to wait a couple of months.
Moroever, my SA gifted me big one. I was charged €50 for the little one.
Good luck [emoji106]

Reactions: litchi
Does LV sell the maccassar luggage tag separately? I recently purchased a Porte Documents bag, and really want the luggage tag for it (I'm annoyed at myself for forgetting to ask while I was in the store in Paris).

Does LV sell the maccassar luggage tag separately? I recently purchased a Porte Documents bag, and really want the luggage tag for it (I'm annoyed at myself for forgetting to ask while I was in the store in Paris).
Again... luggage tags are technically not sold separately as they are not products listed in the catalog. They are considered a repair / replacement item that has to be ordered by your SA. If you own a bag or a piece of luggage that originally came with a luggage tag (like your PDV), take it to your local store and the SA should be able to order the tag for you (they may have it in stock sometimes too).

Hi, I’m based in London and the other day went to the LV store to purchase a bag and asked about luggage tag in the process. The advisor said I can only have it if I have purchased a luggage and they would have to check my purchase history, I said I have a keepall 45 but it was passed to me from my sister. She lives in the states, he then said he would have to check her details via her email / date of birth etc to verify and couldn’t sell it to me otherwise. Anyway long story short, didn’t get the luggage tag.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hi, I’m based in London and the other day went to the LV store to purchase a bag and asked about luggage tag in the process. The advisor said I can only have it if I have purchased a luggage and they would have to check my purchase history, I said I have a keepall 45 but it was passed to me from my sister. She lives in the states, he then said he would have to check her details via her email / date of birth etc to verify and couldn’t sell it to me otherwise. Anyway long story short, didn’t get the luggage tag.

[emoji20]

Lv has gotten very strict on selling luggage tags as those are replacement parts not retail item. If you buy/ visit lv regularly, your sa may be able to get you one. If you just go once or twice a year, unless you get lucky, you are not likely to be able to walk into a store and purchase one. Often smaller stores don’t have them in stock anyway... only flagships will have them in the back.

Reactions: frivofrugalista
First sorry for my english, ists not the best. :hrmm:
I live in Germany and I own a Keepall Mon Monogram but its not easy to buy luggage tags for me. Some SA are really nice and some
treated me very badly. My worst experience was in Paris and I was really disappointed because I bougt there 3 bags the last 2 years. They told me you can only buy it in the country you live
in an arrogant condescending way. In Madrid they don't understand why it should be a problem and they sold me two. So it depends on the employees.
I'm tired of begging. As a customer who has been buying for years, I find this inappropriate.
What really annoys me is that some SA are hiding behind the statement that they aren't allow to sell it and that it is not a problem elsewhere.

Reactions: Yuki85
First sorry for my english, ists not the best. :hrmm:
I live in Germany and I own a Keepall Mon Monogram but its not easy to buy luggage tags for me. Some SA are really nice and some
treated me very badly. My worst experience was in Paris and I was really disappointed because I bougt there 3 bags the last 2 years. They told me you can only buy it in the country you live
in an arrogant condescending way. In Madrid they don't understand why it should be a problem and they sold me two. So it depends on the employees.
I'm tired of begging. As a customer who has been buying for years, I find this inappropriate.
What really annoys me is that some SA are hiding behind the statement that they aren't allow to sell it and that it is not a problem elsewhere.
Well, it's true that SAs are not allowed to sell luggage tags unless the tag is processed as a gift or as a replacement (repair).