Louis Vuitton X Supreme

Are you a fan of the Louis Vuitton x Supreme collab ?

• Total voters
I realize this thread is specifically about the Supreme collaboration, but I am wondering if anyone knows somewhere I can find good pictures of the FW17 bags that are not covered in the Supreme logo? I saw a couple pictures of some mixed material epi bags that I thought had promise, but I'm struggling to find other pics.

I found a few with a quick instagram browse
IMG_1485648956.024803.jpg
IMG_1485648963.861772.jpg
IMG_1485648972.183945.jpg
IMG_1485648981.570718.jpg

I'm most curious to see how well these flip.

So much of street style/Supreme depends on reselling. Supreme isn't expensive when you buy from the brand, but their releases are so limited things literally and consistently go for 10x above retail.

It will be interesting to see how this trend manifests itself with a $4k bag and not a $80 hoodie.

I'm most curious to see how well these flip.

So much of street style/Supreme depends on reselling. Supreme isn't expensive when you buy from the brand, but their releases are so limited things literally and consistently go for 10x above retail.

It will be interesting to see how this trend manifests itself with a $4k bag and not a $80 hoodie.

I think the regular Supreme resellers are probably not clients at LV so I'm hoping it's harder for them to get on waitlists giving everyone else a chance. They usually wait in line or use bots to order online as soon as something releases. My SA thinks everything will be presold so there won't be anything when the release date comes around. Resellers won't have anything to wait in line for.

Reactions: bakeacookie
I think the regular Supreme resellers are probably not clients at LV so I'm hoping it's harder for them to get on waitlists giving everyone else a chance. They usually wait in line or use bots to order online as soon as something releases. My SA thinks everything will be presold so there won't be anything when the release date comes around. Resellers won't have anything to wait in line for.

Do you think they'll do an online/line up release as well? Someone in the forum said Kim was trying to be mindful of the supreme customer and that's how they shop.

Would LV withhold some stuff for that? How hard has it been to get other exclusive pieces in the past? I feel like I remember seeing other collabs on the shelf ( yayoi kusama sticks out in my mind a lot)

Also, to the person who got offered the trunk: does that mean they are already preselling the collection? What store? Just curious, I'm obviously not into buying the collection.

Is 68k high or low for a trunk of that size? Or about standard?

Do you think they'll do an online/line up release as well? Someone in the forum said Kim was trying to be mindful of the supreme customer and that's how they shop.

Would LV withhold some stuff for that? How hard has it been to get other exclusive pieces in the past? I feel like I remember seeing other collabs on the shelf ( yayoi kusama sticks out in my mind a lot)

Also, to the person who got offered the trunk: does that mean they are already preselling the collection? What store? Just curious, I'm obviously not into buying the collection.

I believe Kim Jones was referring about pricing when he said he was trying to be mindful of the supreme customer. I could be wrong. But I think PR probably gonna protest or suggest to allocate limited amount of stock online to avoid resellers and "bot" <- I saw people use this but I don't know what that is :biggrin::biggrin:?

While you think a markup on the reselling market means that the item is HOT, what's the harm? Brands are avoiding these resellers because it's damaging the luxury shopping experience and image of the brand, plus they want the true fan/clients to buy it, not these resellers who are just looking to make profits off a product drop.

However, that's just my opinion. The fragment collab in Japan saw a HUGE line waiting to buy the products, so maybe it will be different for Supreme?

***I heard inside LV that a bigger Fragment collaboration is in the work for release worldwide. They said it's confirmed, but I'm just gonna say it's credible rumor? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Trunks are made to order so they need to start getting the order in as soon as they can for the trunk to arrive within the Fall/Winter delivery calendar. The rest of the collection are pre-made. They can get people on wait-lists to estimate demand for production but it will have to be after they edit the collection and cancel items that they don't want to make. Because LV takes order for any trunk and order approval is case by case so they don't have to go through that same process, allowing trunks to be ordered way in advance comparing to other "normal products"

Last edited:

They've never done a collab like this so it's hard to predict what they will do. The Louis Vuitton Fragment collab released in Japan was only at the Isetan Shinjuku location and you had to be there to line up. No online orders.
I remember my SA wasn't able to hold anything from the Yayoi Kusama collection so I had to go and pick it up the morning it came out. But there was no line and the didn't seem busy. I feel like this is going to be a lot different.
My SA told me they could only waitlist the skateboard trunk and Dj case right now. But with prices above $50k, I don't think anyone was planning on lining up for those anyways.

Reactions: j19